Preview Round 3, 2019: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 7 April 3:20pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I have an excuse and don’t have to subject myself to the rabble this game has become. Got my daughters footy match on. It’ll be good for my nerves. Still livid though.

In: H.Jones, Howe and Wingard

Out: Shiels, Burgoyne and Ceglar

Jones had a cracking pre-season and Clarko has mentioned he is keen to play him at some point.

Ceglar was really disappointing for me on the weekend. He failed to take a number of marks you expect from a bloke his size and he has failed to have any impact forward in two games. McEvoy has proven he is fine to shoulder the ruck alone so I'd prefer some more run as we were so stagnant for large parts of last weekends game.

Nash seems to frustrate most on here, but he did some pretty good things on the weekend that included two goal assists from getting out the back. People shouldn't think he is competing with Ceglar or Lewis, as he is being given games to develop primarily because of his running capacity.

Moving on from the disappointment of last week, is there any chance we could bring in a forward that's capable of taking a mark and kicking a bloody goal?

If we're serious about contending this season then we can't continue with our current team structure, however if were trying to develop some of these younger players (which I would be fine with) then we keep them in.

However I think that even without Mitchell we can still give the competition a good shake up and need to make sure we're having a red hot crack.

I will be attending the game this week as I was unable to make it last week, it'd be awesome if Wingard was to join the side, who along with Scully in his second game would add a new dimension to our team and make us much more potent and a little more unpredictable.

I am hoping the we see something similar to the following team selection changes:

Out: Burgoyne Shiels Morrison Nash
In: Moore/Walker Howe Wingard Brand/Lewis

I think that we give either of Moore/Walker a block of games and see how they handle it, the decision to bring Howe in for Shiels in self explanatory, Wingard to come in for Morrison who needs to go back and find some form in the VFL and either Brand or Lewis to come in for Nash who like Morrison, has things he needs to work on.

To be entirely honest I would prefer Brand in over Lewis because as I've previously stated, he's a natural forward and I also believe that if he doesn't get given a fair go at it this season then he's almost definitely out the door.

Might as well give him a good crack in his natural position and see if there's something there, which also allows Lewis a little longer to develop his craft in the VFL.

It could also present the possibility of rotating him with Sicily if need be which would then give us both of Gunston and Sicily in the forward line.

However if they were to give Lewis a run at it I'd still be more than happy.

Here's hoping for an improved performance across the board and a win.

Given norths form, and the quality of the umpiring (or rather the quality of the game all together), it's possible this game struggles to draw over 30k

If this was the case then why am I having such a hard time getting tickets?

I usually buy them from either eBay or Gumtree but there's sweet FA on there.

There's usually an abundance of tickets available, perhaps all the Norf supporters fancy their chances.

Thanks mate but I probably should have said good tickets, I've seen these and they are rubbish.

I purchased a pair of tickets that were stating Level 1 Centre Wing ROW M but now after I've paid he's telling me they're 28 ROWS from the fence.

I tried contacting him but haven't received a response, not bloody happy especially seeing how I asked my lovely missus where she wanted to go for our 6 year anniversary and she said "to the footy" like the gem she is.

Now I'm trying to find other tickets, LOL!

Thanks mate but I probably should have said good tickets, I've seen these and they are rubbish.

I purchased a pair of tickets that were stating Level 1 Centre Wing ROW M but bow after I've paid he's telling me they're 28 ROWS from the fence.

I tried contacting him but haven't received a response, not bloody happy especially seeing how I asked my lovely missus where she wanted to go for our 6 year anniversary and she said "to the footy" like the gem she is.

Now I'm trying to find other tickets, LOL!

fair call mate, maybe look for an MCC member to help you out

Moving on from the disappointment of last week, is there any chance we could bring in a forward that's capable of taking a mark and kicking a bloody goal?

If we're serious about contending this season then we can't continue with our current team structure, however if were trying to develop some of these younger players (which I would be fine with) then we keep them in.

However I think that even without Mitchell we can still give the competition a good shake up and need to make sure we're having a red hot crack.

I will be attending the game this week as I was unable to make it last week, it'd be awesome if Wingard was to join the side, who along with Scully in his second game would add a new dimension to our team and make us much more potent and a little more unpredictable.

I am hoping the we see something similar to the following team selection changes:

I think that we give either of Moore/Walker a block of games and see how they handle it, the decision to bring Howe in for Shiels in self explanatory, Wingard to come in for Morrison who needs to go back and find some form in the VFL and either Brand or Lewis to come in for Nash who like Morrison, has things he needs to work on.

To be entirely honest I would prefer Brand in over Lewis because as I've previously stated, he's a natural forward and I also believe that if he doesn't get given a fair go at it this season then he's almost definitely out the door.

Might as well give him a good crack in his natural position and see if there's something there, which also allows Lewis a little longer to develop his craft in the VFL.

It could also present the possibility of rotating him with Sicily if need be which would then give us both of Gunston and Sicily in the forward line.

I have the impression up till our last quarter slowdown, we beat the dogs for marks inside 50 and were more efficient there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the impression up till our last quarter slowdown, we beat the dogs for marks inside 50 and were more efficient there
Yep.

THey killed us between the arcs - but our defence held up really well most of the day (aside from a fairly significant 10 minutes) and our forward line converted well in the first and third quarters with very few entries. Good to see Gunston kciking straight again.

If this was the case then why am I having such a hard time getting tickets?

I usually buy them from either eBay or Gumtree but there's sweet FA on there.

There's usually an abundance of tickets available, perhaps all the Norf supporters fancy their chances.
If your're with Telstra, try the Telstra Thanks section. Some good tickets available for only $20.

Thoughts on this game:

1. Wingard and Howe will come in for the injured two. Mirra will be in for Morrison.
  2. We'll win this by five goals playing in a similar way to how we beat Adelaide. We'll then wonder if round 2 was an aberration or an instruction manual on how to beat us.
  3. Nash will play - get over it. He is our Mason Cox, but not a w***er.
  4. Sicily will play extremely well.
  5. We'll rush the play every chance we get, but unlike Bulldogs, North will panic and open the door for goals far more often.
  6. Sunday afternoon games bring out the worst in everyone - don't blame yourself.
  7. North are in horrible form. We need to take advantage of that.
  8. Clarko won't panic - most things will stay the same.

Wingard would compliment O’Meara and Worpel really well in the midfield imo. Our frwds have shown that they can score heavily, quickly once we use the ball cleanly and move it on quickly so Chad hopefully has the fitness to go 60% at least in the guts. If he played yesterday, I don’t think we lose no matter what the dogs or the umps throw at us.
Get brand in to help out chip and send Sicily free across HBF where he can play with a lot more freedom.
If Howe ready, then our inside mid options get a lot better and bigger!
We have the makings of a very good side but too many important players are either just coming back from injury or out till later in the season.
Cousins, I was impressed with, he should stay in .
I would drop Nash for Brand, it’s a no brainer for the MC imo. Although Mirra could be in front of Kaiden at the minute.
OUT: Nash Burgoyne Shiels
IN: Wingard Howe Brand

Guys I thinks it’s time we all addressed the elephant in the room. I focused on Roughy a lot on the weekend, we can’t carry him any longer. He can’t run, his jumping and timing of jump is just so bad. Even misses simple goals now. Surely Shoey or Lewis offers more. Also hope we all seen what a smart little footballer like Caleb Daniel can do to a team? Guess what we got one just like him,probably better, name? teia miles, he was awesome last year. Bring him in and release Impey to a wing. Out Rough, Shiels, Burgoyne, Morrison In Shoey, miles, Wingard, Howe.

If your're with Telstra, try the Telstra Thanks section. Some good tickets available for only $20.

Thanks for the response mate, I am indeed a Telstra customer and have been looking for over a week with no luck.

I could only find seats behind the goals a week or so ago, which I wouldn't have minded.

My partner's eyesight isn't the best however so I gave them a miss hoping to find center wing tickets like we usually get.

It's actually reallly strange that it's proving so difficult because it's usually really easy.

Thanks again mate.

Thoughts on this game:

1. Wingard and Howe will come in for the injured two. Mirra will be in for Morrison.
  2. We'll win this by five goals playing in a similar way to how we beat Adelaide. We'll then wonder if round 2 was an aberration or an instruction manual on how to beat us.
  3. Nash will play - get over it. He is our Mason Cox, but not a w***er.
  4. Sicily will play extremely well.
  5. We'll rush the play every chance we get, but unlike Bulldogs, North will panic and open the door for goals far more often.
  6. Sunday afternoon games bring out the worst in everyone - don't blame yourself.
  7. North are in horrible form. We need to take advantage of that.
  8. Clarko won't panic - most things will stay the same.

Mate I LOL'd hard at point 3 and I wish that I could double like your post!

Thanks for the response mate, I am indeed a Telstra customer and have been looking for over a week with no luck.

I could only find seats behind the goals a week or so ago, which I wouldn't have minded.

My partner's eyesight isn't the best however so I gave them a miss hoping to find center wing tickets like we usually get.

It's actually reallly strange that it's proving so difficult because it's usually really easy.

Thanks again mate.
I just checked and there's level 1 and level 2a in AFL members in the Southern stand wing HFF area if that area appeals.

Why on earth we gift wrap games to Nash is beyond me, Lewis literally has a game or 2 and he's out. Just bloody play 6ft6 bloke that can mark and kick and that sure as he'll ain't bloody Connor Nash, Lewis has to come in for gods sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back