Preview Round 3, 2022: Blues v Hawks, 1:10pm Sunday 3rd April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton supporters have every right to be up an about. However if we do happen to beat you this week you can probably expect some major flak not just from us. I am with them though we will fight and in the end not be good enough yet. Looking forward to the contest. If we somehow manage to limit their influence in the middle look out
No one tipped us last week and look what happened. No ceiling with this team, anything is possible. Strap in.

Despite some of the opinions here I think we belt Hawthorn on paper,

Forget the paper, lets see what happens on the grass.

"The team on paper" is never the actual team, though.

In is nothing but the mental projections of supporters, somehow 'quantified' in the most basic unsupportable way possible

I get pretty close to either crying, laughing or vomiting having to read what people present as objective analysis on this place. Not just talking about opposition supporters here, talking about far too many people.

"Weitering is heaps gooder than Lewis, that a win for the Blues" "Lolz, Lewis is betterer than Weathering, that's a win for us"

(Imagine the above read in a Monty Python "Gumby" voice, and that is pretty much how I hear most Bigfooty talk)

Your second point is the real intangible here. It's played on grass, and in the mentalities of 22 players at a particular point in time.

And, yes, apart from a bit of a knob a few days ago, most Blues visitors have been quite respectful and polite. I include your post in this (though I can see 'we belt the hawks on paper' might raise hackles with people who don't bother reading to the end...)

No one tipped us last week and look what happened. No ceiling with this team, anything is possible. Strap in.
Absolutely and we have pulled off some amazing games recently but i think objectively i cant see us winning this prove me wrong Hawthorn. Btw my eldest thinks we will win so it will be an interesting afternoon if we do. I'm sure she will question me about being a real hawthorn man. Thats after we have sang the song extremely loudly together 😁

Probably Finn. Can’t see who else. Morrison has been great so he’s not going anywhere
Yes will be interesting selection this week. I dont even want to think about impey coming back. Do we play him forward our next poppy. Just chase and harass. It will be interesting at training

Off the VFL report suggesting strong games from Saunders and S. Mitchell, any chance either come in as a direct swap for Wingard?
Abolute zero. I watched the whole game on Sunday and s.mitchell is a loooong way off Saunders did some nice things though.

Don't think we'll see Hartigan shiels Howe or Lynch again unless someone in their position is rested or injured. Finn and even Morrison will eventually be squeezed out by day and impey as much as people may not like it .

This week. But if he comes good and is ready to slot in…

Feels NQR to turf any one of Ward, Morrison or MacDonald.
This might be contentious (come at me, brah!) but when Day, Bramble and Impey are all fit...Impey may be the one who faces the hardest task to get into the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big test after a big win . Wouldnt want it any other way either .

Really rate the Blues , they look to have a much harder edge and are well balanced across the ground.
Mckay obviously a huge threat and Curnow in touch .
Need to make Mcgovern and their mid sized backs accountable and pressure , pressure and more pressure.
Our forwardline is sneaky dangerous .

Also need to be super competitive in the middle , get dominated there and its game over .

Im excited for it . Be super competitive here and we may just be proving the be better than a lot think .

I have not really watched your games in depth to see your make up.

OMac/Young - They will go to your resting ruck
Weitering - I think will head to Lewis
McGovern - He will go on your tall player that heads up the ground a little more.
Newman - I would not be shocked if they put him on Gunston
Williams - He will go on your resting midfielder/deepest small forward
Saad - Plays like McGovern, the tall player that runs up the ground
Docherty - He is a defensive winger and off the back of the contest

That is roughly our seven man defensive unit.

Does any Carlton defender have the tank to contain Dylan Moore? I don't mean pace either. Saad or Williams would likely torch him on a quick rebound. We're just seeing this bloke consistently running in the top 5 for distance covered and repeat sprint efforts every week. I don't see a natural match up there unless Newman is a cardio freak.

This week. But if he comes good and is ready to slot in…

Feels NQR to turf any one of Ward, Morrison or MacDonald.

Out of those 3 you'd go Morrison for Impey seeing they both play a similar role in defence and it doesn't affect our structure. I couldn't even imagine anyone dropping Ward or MacDonald that would be like a bad joke in poor taste

This might be contentious (come at me, brah!) but when Day, Bramble and Impey are all fit...Impey may be the one who faces the hardest task to get into the 22.
I have already made my “I thought we needed four Impeys not minus one Impeys” joke when Strapping Young Lad suggested same a few weeks back.

I think it’s an anti Shepparton bias just quietly

We look to have out run our opposition in the 2 games so far.

We seem to have more mid rotations than the blues.They have a couple of A grade mids who will cause us problems.

If the Blues don't break us early we will keep coming at them till the final siren.

If this was at marvel I'd be less confident of an upset. The G gives us a sneaky chance of running them off their legs.
The dogs ran over them in the last quarter but missed their chances to pinch the game.

Can Sam out fox Crazy Vossy?

Footys back! Hawks are up and about. How good is it?

I think we are in strife. Carlton have a good balance in their side at the moment. I think they can push for top 4 with a deep midfield, a couple of good options up forward and a decent back line.

Our forwards are showing a bit and our midfield is extremely raw but the one thing in our favour is I think our defence is better. That and maybe Reeves vs Pitto.

But we are not going to get many out of the middle this week and they have better options than Finlayson/Georgiades when they do.

Might be a wake up call but a great learning experience for plenty.

Blues by 30

Don’t know what game Ottens was watching. Mitchell was disappointing.
Agree on that. Serong might quickly leap ahead of both Saunders and S. Mitchell as a goal kicking forward. It will be very interesting to watch his development over the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back