Preview Round 3, 2022: Blues v Hawks, 1:10pm Sunday 3rd April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy will be a substantial loss for a lengthy period.

Massive blow as he is always our target when we are under the pump and need someone to provide a strong contest .

Huge blow. Ned will need massive help as he does not have the stamina yet to get around the ground.

It truly is bizarre!

"“It has been confirmed that I’ve got a small fracture in one of the lateral bones in my neck, but it’s all stable and safe."

There are no lateral bones in the neck, so I would guess he means a transverse process of one of the vertebrae, these are stable fractures wrt to the cord so would be consistent with the rest of his statement. These used to be a rare neck injuries in the days of plain Xrays, then CT scan came in and showed they were very common and trivial. I don't think there is any definite length of time before he can play, it gets judged on him being pain free, no neurological deficit, having full strength and range of motion.
I thought transverse processes of cervical spine have foremen transversarium for the vertebral artery to go through unless maybe it’s just the tip involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Age and games for the 2 teams - though replace Saad with a first gamer in Boyd.

rd-3-blues-v-hawks-comparison-jpg.1360744

Games

15. Shaun Burgoyne 250
16. Grant Birchall 248
17. Liam Shiels 243
18. John Kennedy Jr 242
19. Luke Breust 240
20. Robert DiPierdomenico 240
35. Ted Pool 200
36. Brad Sewell 200
37. Des Meagher 198
38. Jack Gunston 197

20 & Under Hawks 5 BLues 1
28 & over Hawks 6 Blues 2
24 - 27 Hawks 2 Blues 13
Very different age profiles. We are older. And younger. They are nearly all in the middle.

That's a beautiful list demographic for Carlton, having the bulk of your best 22 between 24-27 is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back