Review Round 3, 2023: Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, 10 April 2023, 11.45am @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back in time to watch the second half, any stand outs? Seen the stat lines.
Butler BOG

DGB barely put a foot wrong

BMac and Seamus both very strong defensively and going forward

Lynch very solid against bad opposition

Long and Stephens both pretty good in patches. Similar for O'Sullivan, Bennetts, Ramsden, Morris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If DBG is not getting senior games in the coming weeks it won’t be doing him any good for his development.

In the "One day with James Sicily/captain" video (can't remember the title). Sicily mentioned to DGB that's very close for senior game. He's been playing well and training really well. So hopefully it'll be soon.

Lynch has been very good today, and you can only beat who is out there, but I think his opponent is barely VFL standard
Oh their shocking, but he just moves to better spots on the ground, provides a little more then meek for transition at the moment, he has the development to play the style we want, meek doesn’t yet, I’d argue their better in the opposing sides for development of both

I must have tuned in just when Stephens was in his purple patch, he's been nowhere since I trumped him up.

DGB looks more composed than the last time we saw him at AFL level. His kicking is sublime. if we need him playing VFL to grow his game as a 1-on-1 defender that's fine but I would love him in Frosty's spot.

Young guns have plenty of talent, just need to build their tank. Bennets, JOS, BMac all shown good signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back