Game Day Round 3, 2023: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 1 April 223, 1.45pm AEDT @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to beating this mob and telling David king he is a dumb arse. Don’t let me down hawks!

Seattle Seahawks Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF
You don't need us to win to tell David King he is a dumb arse.

It's sacrilege, but I'm finding it hard to get motivated for this game. I'm not used to the hawks being belted two weeks in a row and I'm emotionally scarred. Just hoping that we can find some structure and back it up with good decision making and skills. If that happens I'll be happy regardless of the result.
I felt that way before last week given the quality of the opposition but this game is winnable. While Clarko does seem to have made an immediate improvement, North have won the last 2 wooden spoons and it’s in Tassie. 3 weeks ago we’d have circled this as one of the best chances all year

It seems like we're undersized in both the back line and forward line.

But, purely based on the Roos winning their first 2, and us losing our first 2, I think we'll turn it around and win.
We've played more in Tassie than they have, they were somewhat lucky to win last week, their travelling schedule will be against them... Hopefully we can replicate our first Qtr of this season for longer... Here's hoping.

Short forwardline and backline

Very bad news for Kosi being dropped. His spot on this list looks very tenuous now.

Young midfield getting another shot to imrove

Stoked to see Brocky in. We need his type DESPERATELY - crafty X factor small who plays for the team.

Morrison and Amon kicking it truly won’t hurt either

I’m not going to lie - want to smash Clarko’s Roos and for those who say “great servant of the club etc”…he is isn’t today. He coaches Norf and they need to be put away

Let’s get this done

Go Hawks

It's sacrilege, but I'm finding it hard to get motivated for this game. I'm not used to the hawks being belted two weeks in a row and I'm emotionally scarred. Just hoping that we can find some structure and back it up with good decision making and skills. If that happens I'll be happy regardless of the result.
I kind of understand this but I must admit I still woke up feeling excited. Will take quite a bit more for me to lose my overall belief that we're on the right track. I'm glad we have someone like Mitchell as coach - it must be even worse when you are struggling and you see these poor coaches who just look bewildered and lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good ins.

Last weeks opponent was a class or two above todays.

Every chance we will be in front or close enough at 3/4 time to grab the win.

Just need to be good enough for long enough.

I think we will get the W.
There’s not every chance at all though.

We’re in rebuild mode, with a percentage of 42%, and a midfield that can’t find the forward line.

I felt this way mid week but come game day, it all changes. In these dark days, I get excited just to see the kids and find the green shoots where we can. Plenty to enjoy when you look for it.

Love the ins for today and think they will actually shore up some areas that we have struggled in the past fortnight.

Scrimma is a reliable kick coming from the backline and his intercept marking is a real strength of his, which will be needed with a smaller backline this week.

HMo was a real breakout performer last year, is a solid contributor and is an underrated kick going forward. Think his ball use to the forwards today will give them a better chance, as he's usually composed going forward and doesn't just blaze away.

Brocky is a sublime talent, has real X factor and based on his past few Box Hill games, he has a thirst for the defensive side of the game, which we've been lacking going forward.

As we watch this arvo, look for the small wins and signs of improvement, not only in game plan and connection, but also from some of our young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back