Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Two weeks in a row ive been celebrating love at weddings and missed the game completely

Any chance this is the straw that sacks hinkleys back? How bad was it?

Boak braced for that squibb contest like a man with sore ribs. Shouldn't be playing and shouldn't be on the wing. It felt like a Hinkley selecting for his job kinda pick.

Orazio for Duurs was just weird

I mentioned in the line up thread we couldn't carry Bonner and Farrell in the backline and yet here we are.

Lycett has been out for 12 months and was not performing well before his injury. We are persisting with him in the same way we persisted with Lobbe.
Finlayson as a ruck worked occasionally as an emergency ploy. It is not a full time strategy.
We need to bring in Hayes and let him develop, at least he wins some taps.

For all the great kicks in the back half, the Crows outscored us massively from transition football. Throw in the our HBF are terrible over head and our KPD are undersized and we will struggle with marking contests.

Burgoyne as crap as he has been this season, has long arms and decent reach and can actually spoil overhead. Something we desperately need. Pasini is actually tall and our backman suck. Why not give him a go?

Considering how much we have conceded over the past two weeks, expect some extremely negative football the next few weeks.
Unfortunately all those players you mentioned as possible ins were absolutely dreadful this afternoon

It's panic stations for sure.

So sick of seeing Jonas jogging around like he's on a Sunday stroll in the park. Farell who is supposed to be our best kick missing simple targets in our defensive 50 under no pressure. Lycett getting totally destroyed, it's unacceptable a 200cm+ ruckman doesn't take a single mark in a whole game of footy.
Rioli dropped a simple chest mark and may as well have not even been out there, Duursma was subbed because of reasons, Clurey was a traffic cone.

Finlayson was extremely rusty but I'll give him a pass for this game, he needs to be better if he plays next week. Lachie Jones yet again running around like a poor man's Ned McHenry, Butters completely invisible and makes horrendous decisions, Wines plodding around a shell of himself, Boak just an ineffective, rubbish game capped off with a predictable miss right in front of the big sticks.

It looks like SPP and Dixon are the only ones playing with any passion out there and the talent of Rozee will only get us so far if he's not being supported by any other mids.

100% boring as hell tonight. Im totally emotionally disconnected, and just purely full of rage for what crap I'm seeing.
It’s annoying because you can see it coming, the day after we were embarrassed in the 2021 Preliminary Final they needed to piss some older players off then gave them another chance last year and then another chance this year and this is the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean it was absolutely inscrutable to watch, complete car crash moment. Yet I do find comfort and solace in that’s that tnucs last nail driven home to reconcile his tenure.

BFD00C97-61A8-4486-96B6-BD73D6F4F3F3.gif

Unfortunately all those players you mentioned as possible ins were absolutely dreadful this afternoon
Shrug. At some point you just gotta go with the future. Whether that be good or bad.

Any reports on Hinkley's presser? Did he show?
Don't watch it.

Essentially.

1. The first 3 quarters and 10 mins were "good".

2. Then we lost because they put in more effort for longer.

3. Only 5 of SPPs team mates showed the same effort.

4. But also everyone showed effort.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't watch it.

Essentially.

1. The first 3 quarters and 10 mins were "good".

2. Then we lost becauee they put in more effort for longer.

3. Only 5 of SPPs team mates showed the same effort.

4. But also everyone showed effort.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tell me that’s made up

So no journalist asked any hard questions?

This bloke is Teflon

The players love affair with Kenny is visibly over. It probably has been for a while but like a bad marriage it’s now a matter of time and when the grown ups make a grown up decision.
Even though it is only round 3 I believe tonight was season defining and there won't be any coming back from the debacle of being smashed by a fairly ordinary crow's line up, and it should be obvious to anyone now that Hinkley has completely lost the players.

The longer that silly campaigner kok delays the decision to rissole him now can only result in further damage to the list for whoever is the new coach.

I respect both those men equally too

Toy Story GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back