Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I had low expectations coming into the season. I thought we'd win 8 games and finish 13th, or something like that. It's pretty obvious that was an overestimation. We are borderline noncompetitive.

The whole club is just in zombie mode going through the motions. Any supporter with a functioning brain saw this coming and knew what a pointless season this was going to be. Literally my only hope for this season (aside from the obvious) is that we avoid the wooden spoon.

If anyone still claims that the players are playing for Ken, they're clearly deluding themselves.
The players are going through the motions. They’ll talk the talk like they always do but they’re done.
Why bother working and listening to a coach who won’t be around in six months.

We were 0-6 last year and the club had to act. There was greater risk in not taking action than replacing the coach.

By allowing Hinkley to run his contract down we’ve written off 2023. The players are simply going through the motions waiting for someone to finally make a call.

Last edited:
I had low expectations coming into the season. I thought we'd win 8 games and finish 13th, or something like that. It's pretty obvious that was an overestimation. We are borderline noncompetitive.

The whole club is just in zombie mode going through the motions. Any supporter with a functioning brain saw this coming and knew what a pointless season this was going to be. Literally my only hope for this season (aside from the obvious) is that we avoid the wooden spoon.

I didn't go for round 1 and only came this week because of the Prison Bars.

Mid way through the game something was a bit off with the experience, and I couldn't really put my finger on it. Then SPP kicked the goal in the last and someone started a Power clap clap clap chant, and I realised that was the first one i'd heard all game.

No one could be bothered. Not when we kicked the first 2, not until that 1 goal.

Someone was starting a power clap clap clap chant after every single goal when we were getting thrashed under Primus. In every other game i've been to you'd get it after every goal unless we were way down late in a game. It was absolutely bizarre, a bit of an eerie experience. The supporters are at unprecedented levels of checked out, and the players look about the same.

I just re-read the email I sent Richo after season 2021 that unless we sack Hinkley and move in a new direction we already know 2022 will be a wasted season, of course what would I know, I'm just an emotional supporter. Here we are again and this year again everyone knew before it started we were going nowhere, it's just not going magically happen after a decade so why persist but here we are oh with the bonus of our President publically locking him until August so we waste another year completley no matter how shit it gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That midfield of ours looks very good on paper. What do you think is going on Macca because I’m pretty bullish on our list yes there are gaps but it’s in good shape.

I don't know how we can be so uncompetitive in the midfield with the talent we have in there

2023 will be our Guantanamo Bay season.

Water boarding isnt real torture, but its torture enough.

This season wont be real torture, but it will be torture enough.
It’s a slow moving train wreck.
It’s so frustrating as so many of us can see it all playing out.
I know I bang on about this but our list is good. We should be better than this.

Farrells beautiful kick 2 or 3 times a game isn't enough
Was ****ing awful tonight. Don’t even think he did 2 or 3 beautiful kicks.

It’s a slow moving train wreck.
It’s so frustrating as so many of us can see it all playing out.
I know I bang on about this but our list is good. We should be better than this.

The supporter base is so over it. So, so over it. Like nothing i've ever seen at a professional sports club. Any hope anyone may have felt after the Brisbane game has been annihilated and we're back to the crushing reality of life under Hinkley.

"Stability"

Every single supporter is falling out of love with the club, some slowly, some very quickly, some are already gone. That's on Koch, it's on KT, and it's on Richardson.

Avoid wooden spoon
Sack ken
New coach before trade period
Decent draft hand for some fvcking functional defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back