Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally think Jonas, Clurey, DBJ shouldn’t be anywhere near this side.

I don’t think we have anyone to replace them but I’d rather play with 15 on the field tbh.

Rozee aside, every other midfielder was ineffectual.

Lycett was, and is, trash this season. Give him a spell and I think you’ll see improvement from a lot of our midfielders.

Defence is too short and Pasini (if Ken ever plays him) can’t be expected to star from day one.

Season over if they don’t drop Lycett and shake up the back six. Probably still over even if they do.

This team is overrated we are a team of B and C graders except for rozee.. blow the list up and get a new coaching group.. pointless playing Clurey, ply Pansini, play MG, play burgoyne.. all
These senior players let us down anyway
I disagree. Go through our lineup player for player against Collingwood or even the Crows from last night.

The talent is there.

We're lacking a key back and our ruck is in the bottom few in the comp, but outside that, we're quite strong. Collingwood have several weaknesses yet look invincible. StKilda have half of their best 22 out and yet are winning.

The system, the confidence, the motivation is lacking.

Our players play comfortable footy, they don't want to do it hard. Boak squibbing the contest on the wing in the last was such a summation of this era of this team.

A new coach is needed to shake things up, put players on their toes. Generating a new culture of excellence and not stability is crucial.

Having said all that we do have some major concerns personnel wise. Butters, Jonas, Farrell, Jones, Lycett, DBJ, all glaring issues. Some horrible form amongst them.

Can't believe DBJ has such a long contract. Watching Murphy outmark him twice was infuriating. The guy is a poster boy for playing comfortable footy. Could make a 10 minute highlight reel of his soft, or just shit moments. Those 2 marks, the Ashcroft missed bump in rnd 1, but there's been so many over his time. Worst has always been his half hearted smother attempts that'd have Michael Wilson rolling in his grave.

Last edited:
What was with the Finlayson not even contesting. So ******* gutless. And that's on Carr. So those that want him as next coach

Incredibly I sense that was tactical, no doubt the theory being an extra man on the deck.

Sack everyone

I was worried about our defence before the game. It was just awful down there tonight. We were beaten in the ruck as always. Reilly O'Brien's smashes us every time we play them. He struggles most weeks but cant wait to play us. We have some glaring problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. Go through our lineup player for player against Collingwood or even the Crows from last night.

The talent is there.

We're lacking a key back and our ruck is in the bottom few in the comp, but outside that, we're quite strong. Collingwood have several weaknesses yet look invincible. StKilda have half of their best 22 out and get are winning.

The system, the confidence, the motivation is lacking.

Our players play comfortable footy, they don't want to do it hard. Boak squibbing the contest on the wing in the last was such a summation of this era of this team.

A new coach is needed to shake things up, put players on their toes. Generating a new culture of excellence and not stability is crucial.

Having said all that we do have some major concerns personnel wise. Butters, Jonas, Farrell, Jones, Lycett, DBJ, all glaring issues. Some horrible form amongst them.

Can't believe DBJ has such a long contract. Watching Murphy outmark him twice was infuriating.
The coach and new game play and a buy in from players will
No doubt help.. but shit we have some overrated players that bottle it in big games. I’ve never been a massive drew fan but shit he puts it on the line every game we need more of his type and less of the flashy 25 one week and **** all the
Next

I just can’t see a genuine top4-6 list anymore. We lack key defenders and key forwards and small defenders and rucks

Watching Rioli tonight gave me Jake Neade flashbacks. Undersized forward who fumbles every time he gets near it, if he gets near it. At least Jakey could stick a tackle.

Was asleep 95% of the showdown 😆
Actually shocked we lost and like that as well

Lycett wasn't there last year , that's why we sucked HAHAHAHA

Jonas and dbj lol you were warned for 18 months by any port fan with any footy smarts that they are awful with the ball and can't defend 😕

LET THE HAPPY CLAPPERS EXCUSES COMMENCE

BEST FREINDS F.C 👌

But not surprised. It's no different to round 3 last year when coming up against a shite Crows team I expect us to lose. We rot from the head, on paper that should have been 10 - 15 goal demolition of Adelaide yet here we are as expected.
Last year we ****ed it

This year we were outplayed and that’s the worrying difference.

Review Round 3, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back