Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering Liam Ryan is a big step up from a first game Rachele and also Jack Higgins I have no idea how we are going stop him kicking a bag of goals. Small forwards have absolutely destroyed us in the first two games. For all the talk of our backline depth it’s like we still don’t realise that quick small forwards exist. We can’t defend them and we can’t recruit/develop them up the other end.
We can't defend them when the ball comes in quickly from the middle of the ground without pressure; otherwise we can.

Just as how our small forwards look hopelessly slow when we don't move the ball quickly and accurately through the centre (otherwise we do).

Considering Liam Ryan is a big step up from a first game Rachele and also Jack Higgins I have no idea how we are going stop him kicking a bag of goals. Small forwards have absolutely destroyed us in the first two games. For all the talk of our backline depth it’s like we still don’t realise that quick small forwards exist. We can’t defend them and we can’t recruit/develop them up the other end.
We put Logue on him, he seems to be Ryan's kryptonite.

Can't say I'm even going to waste my time watching this game and running the risk of ruining my Sunday afternoon, again! As a foundation member, I feel I'm just burnt out by this mob and their chatter. I'm sick of waiting all weekend to watch my team, only to be let down again and again.

Win or lose the thing I'm so angry about is that this year, in all 4 games (yes including pre-season) we haven't shown any improvement, particularly in our consistency.

Our consistency, skills, game plan, and goal kicking have not changed under Longmuir - which I can't believe after all the talk pre-season - Freo you sold me the dummy again!

First pre-season game I got excited. We actually showed good skills, patience with ball in hand, no long bombs etc. some good methodical approach.

Second pre-season game we had pathetic skills, especially goal kicking, back to usual there, but still at least showed a bit of method.

Game 1 vs Adelaide. Game should have been iced by half time. Instead, useless kicking again, poor method and poor accountability. We didn't win that game, Adelaide gave it to us with their own poor kicking. Typical stock standard Freo "win" that one, it was hard to get excited after just falling over the line due to a youngsters gallant effort.

Game 2 vs Saints. Even further backwards in every aspect, which was massively concerning given all the pre-season focus on "connection", "game plan" and the magic word "consistency".

If we actually come out with a solid win this weekend I still can't be happy because we've shown no improvement in consistency. Until we actually have some consistency we're not worthy contenders, just merely making up the numbers. There's no point having a good victory if we lose the "easy" game the next weekend.

I'm not tipping us, but if we actually do win, it wouldn't surprise me at all. After such a crap performance last week, we'll no doubt come out all fired up, compete, then completely fall away again the following week in the very winnable home game against GWS!

Eagles by 23pts in a dreary outing with the result likely decided by half time. Kennedy and Darling to kick 7 between them

Hammer Pearce Walker

Clark Cox Young

Blakley Brayshaw Chappy

Switta Treacy Freddy

Shoota Lobb Serong

Meek Brodie Walters

Aish Colyer Noddy Erasmus Sub : Acres

Tucker - just buy him a plane ticket back to vic and take his SAP off him

Louge - best spot for him if we want to get maximum value out of the bloke is powering up and down the river outside the stadium in a tricked out Freo kayak with guitar guy strapped to the front mad max style playing thunderstruck

Banners - rub downs and oranges so we don’t lose his good blokiness around the team

Serong - out of the middle for mental health reasons … getting smacked by the Couch brothers in consecutive weeks can’t be good for a young players headspace

Walters - there is maybe one veteran small fwd performing in the whole of the AFL ( Breust ) once you lose your zip in that position you are cactus , last chance saloon in the guts or it’s thanks for the memories time. 1st time he falls over or plays for a free sub him out for Acres and rotate Noddy and Erasmus through there

Blakley - thought he showed a bit late last year as a Gus Brayshaw style winger in a couple of games , worth 1 last shot at it. If it works out he can sharpen up his elbows on GAGF in preparation for his battle to the death when he lines up on Ed Langdon in a few weeks

Meek - has been our most consistent player behind Brayshaw this year IMO ….. stays in whether Darcy makes another miracle recovery or not.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Ryan?

We probably do training exercises where our terrible small forwards get pantsed, and think, "we're good to go against the smalls".

any chance Mathew Pavlich come out of retirement and be added to the top up list? we may win the game if it so
You mean like this?
checks date
Yep, seems legit.

As much as I want to see the win, I just want to see them take the game on like we did against Adelaide in the first half. The players should be told to do it and not worry about turning it over or the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Rowell got 3 best on grounds to start his career, I'll be disappointed if Ras doesnt get it his first 4 games
anything less then him winning the brownlow will be a disappointment

My tomato sauce tells me
  • Tabs wont be playing
  • Walters is keeping his spot
  • Serong will play
With Erasmus playing, I assume Noddy is playing and I assume that is probably only happening out of necessity.

With Bell and them saying Tabs looks good to go, I could be going 0 from 3 on this rumour haha...

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back