VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking to head out there with the wife and a toddler. A group of about a dozen bombers. What's Vic Park VFL like these days as far as being accommodating to the opposition supporters?

So long as you behave yourself, you'll be okay... :p

Nah, it's very family (and opposition) friendly these days. The more the merrier.

Agreed I will be in Torquay after my sons footy match.

Straight on the coach........perfect.
Im sure Torquay is free thinking, but I'm hoping you meant couch....I really am:):)

Looking to head out there with the wife and a toddler. A group of about a dozen bombers. What's Vic Park VFL like these days as far as being accommodating to the opposition supporters?

with no fences on the outer side, if the mob do come after you, you can run in any direction.

Squad is out, including the AFL extended bench, which will be trimmed Saturday 4pm...

B 21. T Phillips 6. T Goldsack 14. J Aish
HB 37. B Maynard 41. T Golds 17. J Marsh
C 39. B Crocker 27. M Goodyear 8. T Langdon
HF 38. J Howe 9. J White 11. J Blair
F 3. B MacAffer 33. R Wills 40. J Smith
R 47. D Wyatt 2. J De Goey 29. T Broomhead
Int 62. L Ferguson 74. J Viola 61. N Gray 67. M Smith 35. B Sier 60. J Kelly 53. J Hellier 54. J Collopy 57. A Close 58. B Moloney 65. L Howe 71. A Rambaldi
23P 70. M Hore

Marsh, Macaffer, Goodyear, Goldsack, Maynard, Ferguson and Close all big ins. White comes in as well, just in case anyone cares...

Rambaldi in for his first potential run as VFL Pie, good luck to him. Hore back for his second stint as our 23rd player.

After 4 outs for the seniors and a carry-over, should come in at 14 AFL-listers...

Gault must still be suffering from the concussion.

Even ignoring our emergencies our named midfield looks a lot stronger with the inclusion of Macaffer and Goodyear, alongside Wills and Broomhead who were our 2 best mids last week.

Squad is out, including the AFL extended bench, which will be trimmed Saturday 4pm...

After 4 outs for the seniors and a carry-over, should come in at 14 AFL-listers...
I hope there is only the one carry-over player, it was a very poor effort last week to keep two on the sidelines after already having claimed White as a late replacement. Depriving Goodyear of a game at any level given that he is a young developing player made no sense at all, even giving him the first half of the match in the reserves and then withdrawing him would have been a bit more reasonable.

I hope there is only the one carry-over player, it was a very poor effort last week to keep two on the sidelines after already having claimed White as a late replacement. Depriving Goodyear of a game at any level given that he is a young developing player made no sense at all, even giving him the first half of the match in the reserves and then withdrawing him would have been a bit more reasonable.
Either Goodyear or Macaffer were crook last week and the other was the carry over player. There's a bit of conjecture about which is which as some posters have heard differently to what the club released. I won't go into details here as there's been enough toing and froing in the last couple pages of last weeks VFL thread about it.

Either Goodyear or Macaffer were crook last week and the other was the carry over player. There's a bit of conjecture about which is which as some posters have heard differently to what the club released. I won't go into details here as there's been enough toing and froing in the last couple pages of last weeks VFL thread about it.
Ah, thanks for that explanation. I hadn't heard that, that sounds a lot more reasonable.

Is Michael Still (still) injured, I presume he has to be?! I know Ryan Pendlebury was, anyone have an idea on how long before these two are likely to be seen playing again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Michael Still (still) injured, I presume he has to be?! I know Ryan Pendlebury was, anyone have an idea on how long before these two are likely to be seen playing again?

Still was released on permit to play locally last week. IIRC, Pendlebury won't be back until mid-season...

I am very interested to see how Jordan Kelly goes this year, I have met his brother in Sydney and it seems Jordan was a bit unlucky with the 2 clubs he went to and how they were positioned with players.

He seems a likely prospect as I am in Sydney I get nearly zero chance to see any VFL so any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

'Ken aye.

Cheers for this thread. Checked the diary and can attend. Will therefore be able up do both matches this weekend.

This means that I can't miss out on seeing big Cox in action, unless he's a last minute withdrawal. Don't worry about watching it on film- I'll be able to see it in action. They mentioned on SEN how good he was last time at destroying pussy (Cats).

(See myself out)

Disappointed I cant get to this one. The VFL game at Olympic Park last weekend was just OK in terms of atmosphere, but none of the ghosts of Lulie Street were there. I missed them.
I love this post.
Elegant description of the ghosts of Lulie Street.
I miss them too, old Bill Proudfoot, Dick Condon, Ted Rowell, they used to speak with me during games....
Condon used always tell me the story, how they turned his picture to the wall.... I to.d him, meh, you were two time champion of the colony, all good.

with no fences on the outer side, if the mob do come after you, you can run in any direction.
I thought they were too busy running after Buckley?

I love this post.
Elegant description of the ghosts of Lulie Street.
I miss them too, old Bill Proudfoot, Dick Condon, Ted Rowell, they used to speak with me during games....
Condon used always tell me the story, how they turned his picture to the wall.... I to.d him, meh, you were two time champion of the colony, all good.
Two time? When did he get his second? I don't recall him dominating a second season like he did in 1898. Remember that speccy?

Two time? When did he get his second? I don't recall him dominating a second season like he did in 1898. Remember that speccy?
Mec culpa.
Yes the once.
Dick Lee was twice. The name Dick did well. Dick did. Did dick? (Thanks graham Kennedy)
Naughty me, usually I notice such silly errors and correct.
You are spot on only once.

The thing about the champion of the colony is it's much shrouded in mystery because don't believe it was really awarded more of a said thing, a bit of general thing each year.
Though the list of winners is considered as correct and accepted.
Still it's a great guide to the greats of the early years.
Loved 1898, Fitzroy was dominant our then natural enemy (with Carlton).

Mec culpa.
Yes the once.
Dick Lee was twice. The name Dick did well. Dick did. Did dick? (Thanks graham Kennedy)
Naughty me, usually I notice such silly errors and correct.
You are spot on only once.

The thing about the champion of the colony is it's much shrouded in mystery because don't believe it was really awarded more of a said thing, a bit of general thing each year.
Though the list of winners is considered as correct and accepted.
Still it's a great guide to the greats of the early years.
Loved 1898, Fitzroy was dominant our then natural enemy (with Carlton).
Who knew that they come back and bite us in the arse just a short 100+ years later with a three-peat! Good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back