VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knew that they come back and bite us in the arse just a short 100+ years later with a three-peat! Good times.
Too true
Lethal it was

Maybe it was payback for the premiership we won courtesy of the challenge rule.
The challenge system was intriguing. Lose the grand final so to speak, then the. Exit game became the grand final.

Attention whore...:p
Question that you may well know, has Travis Cloke ever played for the VFL Magpies, as in when we've actually been Collingwood in the VFL?

I can remember him running around for Williamstown I reckon, but not in the black and white at VFL level.

Question that you may well know, has Travis Cloke ever played for the VFL Magpies, as in when we've actually been Collingwood in the VFL?

I can remember him running around for Williamstown I reckon, but not in the black and white at VFL level.

I've gone and checked and I don't think so. The VFL team re-formed in 2008, which was right when Trav was hitting his straps in the seniors. Since then, he has missed just 14 AFL games, all through either injury or suspension.

So, unless there's something I've missed somewhere, tomorrow will indeed be Cloke's first appearance for the Collingwood VFL team.

Does he even know where Victoria Park is...? :drunk:

I've gone and checked and I don't think so. The VFL team re-formed in 2008, which was right when Trav was hitting his straps in the seniors. Since then, he has missed just 14 AFL games, all through either injury or suspension.

So, unless there's something I've missed somewhere, tomorrow will indeed be Cloke's first appearance for the Collingwood VFL team.

Does he even know where Victoria Park is...? :drunk:
Might have to ask his Dad where it is

First time at the old stomping ground for me tomorrow, is there usually food on site?

Hot food and coffee vans overlooking the manual scoreboard pocket (Turner Street side) and a bar in the concourse behind the Sherrin Stand. Usual stuff, chips, sausages, etc (all overpriced, of course).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll love it. The place I mean, not the food.:)
Just a wonderful place.
So many great memories, met phones kynes wife there, Harry collier, and so many great games.
And daicos' many many magical goals.....

Also, last question- My brother wants to bring the footy, but I'm not sure, are spectators allowed on field at half time?
It's frowned upon if you're not on the ground at every break :D

Also, last question- My brother wants to bring the footy, but I'm not sure, are spectators allowed on field at half time?

Yep. And you can come out and listen to the quarter and three quarter time huddles. Being Collingwood, it does take a little longer than usual to clear the ground after Tapps is finished...

Genuinely more excited about going to VP than I am about going to the 'G on Monday tbh

The best part other than having a kick at each break is that you can bring alchohol.......I think you are?
I might have done that last year :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back