Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's thoughts on Goldstein? I know he has been carrying an injury, and I know I shouldn't trade someone who I think will come out with an average of about 100 at season's end but something just doesn't feel right. Currie playing again doesn't help either. Thinking of trading to Mummy and pocketing $115k. I feel this is a better trade than Rohan or KHJ to Taylor or Ambrose, because I am hopefully increasing my scoring of a player in my starting team and banking as much cash than I would in price rises from either of them. And waiting a week to see how Goldy goes could see price changes mean I don't pocket the $115k.

Other trade is Webster to Jaensch. Which would leave me $350k cash, I'd spend that now on a D kepper, but I'm not sold on anyone I don't already have (McVeigh, Mitchell, Swallow) just yet. I'd rather do that in another week's time. If Jaensch can keep up his scoring, or even average 80-90 he is a far better points per dollar option than a Premium and can be my D5-6 in the long-run. At worst.

Effectively what I am asking is - is Jaensch worth it? Do you think he will keep up his scoring? And should I bail on Goldstein now?

Last edited:
Porplyzia out for who?

Ambrose
MCrouch
D Buckley
Cunningham
Josh Kelly

Today i hate supercoach
Today i hate the AFL tribunal
Today i hate Luke Hodge and his injury curse

Ambrose & Cunningham - playing 3rd game
Buckley & Kelly - playing 2nd game
MCrouch - playing first game

Can you go Porp > Def rookie (via Taylor & Hodge DPP)?

Might open up a few other options, o_O

Hey everyone,

So here's my current team:
D: McVeigh/Mitchell/Hurn/Swallow/Sutcliffe/McDonald (Georgiou/Langford)
M:pendles/GAJ/Beams/Libba/Tyson/Polec/Dunstan/Ellis (Michie/Langdon)
R: Jacobs/Sandilands (King/Brown)
F: Danger/Martin/Mitchell/Gunston/Caddy/Higgins (Impey/JKH)
$900 left

How would either of these trades sound?:

Hurn>Matt Thomas (sub Langdon into defence)
Higgins > Zorko
$30,000 remaining

Or

Hurn> Wines (sub Langdon into defence) as a single trade as leave about $70k in the kitty

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips!:)

trading out barlow:

Can bring in:

Zorko - leaving me with an extra 150K in the kitty
Watson - same/same $ wise
????? - the third option of a player up to $620K

So Zorko, more of a gamble, but one that could pay off in weekly points and $$ increase? (SC n00b, still not sure how all that works)

Watson - proven ball winner, price likely to remain stable (yes?)

BF thoughts?

I think it's more likely than not that he will play. That said it is only round 3 and we've got a pretty tough run of games coming up so I could see them deciding to rest him. That said I have him and I'm sticking with him.
Thanks mate yeah I'll stick with him too, can't justify a sideways trade when I have 4 mid, 2 fwd and 2 def rookies that need to be upgraded throughout the year

trading out barlow:

Can bring in:

Zorko - leaving me with an extra 150K in the kitty
Watson - same/same $ wise
????? - the third option of a player up to $620K

So Zorko, more of a gamble, but one that could pay off in weekly points and $$ increase? (SC n00b, still not sure how all that works)

Watson - proven ball winner, price likely to remain stable (yes?)

BF thoughts?
I'd go Watson for sure, you know what you're gonna get with him. Still not sold on Zorko being consistent enough.

Doing 2 trades this week.

My first trade is locked at Rohan to Ambrose.

Cant decide on my 2nd trade between Michie -> Ellis/Aish OR Libba -> Selwood.

Thoughts?

Ambrose & Cunningham - playing 3rd game
Buckley & Kelly - playing 2nd game
MCrouch - playing first game

Can you go Porp > Def rookie (via Taylor & Hodge DPP)?

Might open up a few other options, o_O

Nope,

Have gone:

Dixon out, Lewis fwd, Langdon mids, Swallow into def

So really if i stick with that trade as locked

porps has to become a fwd HUnter v Ambrose or anyone else under 300K ish

I can't decide on anything. The longer the week has gone on, the more I've moved away from bringing Zorko in. Porps has to go, pure and simple, but with only 529k to spend, the lack of options up forward is giving me a nightmare. I'm starting to like the look of Hunter personally. Had him the back end of last year.

Ok guys n gals here my team with no trades done.(i tried to print team up but i spudded that up lol)
Mitchell..enright..simpson..Swallow..L-mac.
langdon (langford/clay).

Gazz..watson..SJ..beams..murphy..polec..ellis..dustan (michie/lemmons)

Sandipants..pyke.

Danger..dusty..gray..pav..caddy..rohan.(limpy..lmcarthy).

was going rohan > taylor/ambrose michie > tyson
would rather michie play and get price rise and maybe get Jkelly next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope,

Have gone:

Dixon out, Lewis fwd, Langdon mids, Swallow into def

So really if i stick with that trade as locked

porps has to become a fwd HUnter v Ambrose or anyone else under 300K ish

Do you need him to play, or just cover/cash? If you need him to play, I'd go with Hunter. For just cash, Ambrose.

Thoughts?

Why are you jumping ship on Libba? Because he had a bad game when he was tagged in the absence of Griffin? Or because the next week with Grif back he pumped out 111?... o_O

Priorities are cash cow corrections this early on.

I can't decide on anything. The longer the week has gone on, the more I've moved away from bringing Zorko in. Porps has to go, pure and simple, but with only 529k to spend, the lack of options up forward is giving me a nightmare. I'm starting to like the look of Hunter personally. Had him the back end of last year.
Just shy on winguard.

Hey everyone,

So here's my current team:
D: McVeigh/Mitchell/Hurn/Swallow/Sutcliffe/McDonald (Georgiou/Langford)
M:pendles/GAJ/Beams/Libba/Tyson/Polec/Dunstan/Ellis (Michie/Langdon)
R: Jacobs/Sandilands (King/Brown)
F: Danger/Martin/Mitchell/Gunston/Caddy/Higgins (Impey/JKH)
$900 left

How would either of these trades sound?:

Hurn>Matt Thomas (sub Langdon into defence)
Higgins > Zorko
$30,000 remaining

Or

Hurn> Wines (sub Langdon into defence) as a single trade as leave about $70k in the kitty

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips!:)
I'd be a little wary of picking Wines as a mid priced midfielder. He's started the season well, but he scored in the 120s twice in his first 3 games last season then settled into mainly 60s and 70s for the rest of the season. No doubt he's improved this year, but the jury is still out on how much.

What are people's thoughts on Goldstein? I know he has been carrying an injury, and I know I shouldn't trade someone who I think will come out with an average of about 100 at season's end but something just doesn't feel right. Currie playing again doesn't help either. Thinking of trading to Mummy and pocketing $115k. I feel this is a better trade than Rohan or KHJ to Taylor or Ambrose, because I am hopefully increasing my scoring of a player in my starting team and banking as much cash than I would in price rises from either of them. And waiting a week to see how Goldy goes could see price changes mean I don't pocket the $115k.

Other trade is Webster to Jaensch. Which would leave me $350k cash, I'd spend that now on a D kepper, but I'm not sold on anyone I don't already have (McVeigh, Mitchell, Swallow) just yet. I'd rather do that in another week's time. If Jaensch can keep up his scoring, or even average 80-90 he is a far better points per dollar option than a Premium and can be my D5-6 in the long-run. At worst.

Effectively what I am asking is - is Jaensch worth it? Do you think he will keep up his scoring? And should I bail on Goldstein now?

Welcome to BF, i hadn't noticed a reply to your query so i thought i would jump in. I would go ahead and trade Goldy to Mumford, if you don't do it this week then you might as well hold Goldy for the year as his price is due to drop $60k after this week alone. I think North realise that he can't hold down the ruck alone so will play Currie more often. Mumford looks great this year and could pump put more of those 150+ scores we know he can. Use the $115k to improve your side elsewhere.

I would also avoid Jeansch, if you can afford him i would look at hibberd, consistent 90+ scorer and perhaps a bit of a POD after an injury in the NAB Cup.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
Dont sideways premos unless injuried.How much cash do you have? only asking if you have enough to go michie >jkelly next week.

Welcome to BF, i hadn't noticed a reply to your query so i thought i would jump in. I would go ahead and trade Goldy to Mumford, if you don't do it this week then you might as well hold Goldy for the year as his price is due to drop $60k after this week alone. I think North realise that he can't hold down the ruck alone so will play Currie more often. Mumford looks great this year and could pump put more of those 150+ scores we know he can. Use the $115k to improve your side elsewhere.

I would also avoid Jeansch, if you can afford him i would look at hibberd, consistent 90+ scorer and perhaps a bit of a POD after an injury in the NAB Cup.
How long is Ryder going to be out for? Just this one week?

I have Currie as cover. Or i could use spare cash and just upgrade Ryder this week to another ruckman ie Mummy.

Gunston to Zorko is locked in. Was thinking Higgins to Wines but I am concerned about Ryder.

Will hold Enright his week if he doesn't play

How long is Ryder going to be out for? Just this one week?

I have Currie as cover. Or i could use spare cash and just upgrade Ryder this week to another ruckman ie Mummy.

Gunston to Zorko is locked in. Was thinking Higgins to Wines but I am concerned about Ryder.

Will hold Enright his week if he doesn't play

Ryder should be out just this week, i know as much as anyone who listened to him on the news last night. Not sure if Ryder is a keeper though with Bellchambers back in around 4-5 weeks. Perhaps use this chance to upgrade him.

I'd be a little wary of picking Wines as a mid priced midfielder. He's started the season well, but he scored in the 120s twice in his first 3 games last season then settled into mainly 60s and 70s for the rest of the season. No doubt he's improved this year, but the jury is still out on how much.

Looking at the guns in the comp (eg.Selwood and Pendles). They averaged similar to Wines in their first seasons (around 77) and then in their second year average around 98. I think Wines is in the category of potentially being a future Selwood/Pendles (long way to go yet), but as such as am expecting him to follow in their footsteps and average close to 100. Still worth the trade as he will either be a keeper, or a good stepping stone.

Worth holding onto Ryder?
If I keep him I will go Rohan > Ambrose and Michie > Tyson but if I trade him I will likely go Ryder > Mumford and D Thomas > Tyson
49.9k left over
LYagt26.png

Looking at the guns in the comp (eg.Selwood and Pendles). They averaged similar to Wines in their first seasons (around 77) and then in their second year average around 98. I think Wines is in the category of potentially being a future Selwood/Pendles (long way to go yet), but as such as am expecting him to follow in their footsteps and average close to 100. Still worth the trade as he will either be a keeper, or a good stepping stone.
I agree he's going to be a beauty in years to come. I guess I'm just not a fan of speculative selections ... especially when they're taking up an all important midfield position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back