Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah true. Even if I had an extra 5k I'm not sure I'd want to empty my bank account.

Thinking Porps->Hunter. Round 8 spud for a bloke I rate, and earns me cash. Would then have 246k spare, 3 trades used this year.
If you think Hunter can get you 80 plus week to week thats prob better than the fwd rookies kicking about.

my fwd line is SCREWED already, bringing in a Hunter doesnt bloody help it enough
Had a look. See what you mean. If you get Swallow you don't really have a choice. Hunters your best bet @ f5 otherwise your starting 2rooks with questionable JS/low avg.

Go a cheaper rookie, bank the coin & get ready to use it for next week or so,

Unless you were prepared to forego DSwallow for 1 week, get in KK, then what could you afford?

yes am now exploring the for go DSwallow option...

I really hate Charlie Dixon right now

He's a gun, doesn't need many touches to influence the contest, and I want to have his babies, and he's a good option for F5/6. Won't be subbed as much if at all, capable of doing a Wingard or close to it this year I think.

Do you think it would be worth it going Higgins to Hunter this week?

Any thoughts on what to do with Ryan Griffen? Fairly quiet in his first game back but thinking of trading him as he wasn't cheap.
He was playing injured. Shouldn't have played. He should be a lot better this week.

Do you think it would be worth it going Higgins to Hunter this week?
I'd be surprised if you don't have other parts of your team that need attention. If you're very happy with the rest of your team, then go it, but it's a bit of a waste especially when you should fix up your rookies or trade anybody injured/dropped/out of form.

Ok guys n gals here my team with no trades done.(i tried to print team up but i spudded that up lol)
Mitchell..enright..simpson..Swallow..L-mac.
langdon (langford/clay).

Gazz..watson..SJ..beams..murphy..polec..ellis..dustan (michie/lemmons)

Sandipants..pyke.

Danger..dusty..gray..pav..caddy..rohan.(limpy..lmcarthy).

was going rohan > taylor/ambrose michie > tyson
would rather michie play and get price rise and maybe get Jkelly next week.
Thinking (hear that loud noise:oops:) Michie to taylor if not sub.
Next week rohan after hes little price rise to either kelly/buckley.
Or michie to ambrose (caddy to mids) rohan to kelly/buckley next week.
next week jonny wadd > curriebox.

Worth holding onto Ryder?
If I keep him I will go Rohan > Ambrose and Michie > Tyson but if I trade him I will likely go Ryder > Mumford and D Thomas > Tyson
49.9k left over
LYagt26.png
What trades have you done? you have both michie and tyson in that team.

Hey guys I'm starting to have second thoughts, which option is the best?

#1. Out: V Michie, In: M Thomas; Out: G Rohan, In: J Merrett
#2. Out: V Michie, In: M Thomas, Out: M Close, In: L Taylor
#3. Out: V Michie, In: O Wines; Out: G Rohan, In; L Taylor

As I have Fyfe I can ride the two weeks out or bring Pendles in now. Current mid lineup [Watson, Libba, Beams, Fyfe, Shiels, Daisy, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan, Cunningham]
Trade One (pts based)
Daisy/Shiels > Pendles and Caddy> Ambrose
Trade Two (warchest building) will leave me with 420k in the bank
Daisy/Shiels >Tyson and McDonough > Ambrose

#3 by the length of the America's Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. He's bent you twice over. As well as losing a fwd you've lost your ruck insurance.

I know bringing in Swallow strengthens your backs but it really depletes your fwds if you go the Ambrose route. I know you'll hate it but I'd suggest a lateral Dixon > Chappy type switch, trade Porps, swing Taylor fwd and get yourself a rookie mid cash cow. Pocket 230k.

Edit: My first vote is still swallow/hunter fwiw.

I'm going to go against the grain and say #2

Wines won't be a keeper and you will need to upgrade him at some point. Matt Thomas is named on the ball again this week with no Deledio. Should get to $400K by the Byes, possibly $450K, and you can upgrade Matt Thomas then with the money you saved on not getting Wines.

As it stands you will probably have to downgrade a player to make money to upgrade Wines to a premium.

I like your Dixon > Swallow trade a lot. IMO trade Porp > Ambrose for a handy initial profit and good cash generation which will help you to really improve the forward line much quicker than trading to Hunter would.

I'm going to go against the grain and say #2

Wines won't be a keeper and you will need to upgrade him at some point. Matt Thomas is named on the ball again this week with no Deledio. Should get to $400K by the Byes, possibly $450K, and you can upgrade Matt Thomas then with the money you saved on not getting Wines.

As it stands you will probably have to downgrade a player to make money to upgrade Wines to a premium.

That's pretty much what I'm trying to weigh up; Wines' potential keeper status and potential output vs. Thomas' potential output + the 150k I'd save

Yeah, #3 comfortably.

What would be better?

1) Picking up Hanley or Hibberd?
2) JKH -> Ambrose, Leuy -> Mummy or Buddy -> Zorko?

1. Hibberd, also consider Simpson for durability.
2. If JKH is sub again then ambrose, otherwise the ruck one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back