Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on trading Enright? Rumors of a late out - could be a lingering injury going forward, not something i exactly want in my team.
I think I'm almost looking for a valid reason/approval for bringing Swallow in for him..

I'm also looking to bring in Tyson - But how? I have these options.
Rohan > Tyson (via Taylor to FWD)
Michie > Tyson

Thinking BenKen to Zorko & Michie to MThomas.

Screw Ambrose, it's so rare that 1st year tall fwds can keep that up.

Will have enough to go JKH to L taylor next week if he's dropped/vested/found impersonating a potato.

Comments welcome.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Mitchell and soft tissue injuries. Their is a big difference between a corked calf and a torn calf. ;)

You're right, but I didn't explain my Mitchell worry properly.

What we're told by the clubs/AFL and what is true is sometimes not the same thing.
Just the possibility that it could be more than a knock is enough to scare me off.

He is back in the side, and I'm happy to be proven wrong. Will look at him as an upgrade option later on in the season.

Thoughts on trading Enright? Rumors of a late out - could be a lingering injury going forward, not something i exactly want in my team.
I think I'm almost looking for a valid reason/approval for bringing Swallow in for him..

I reckon you've already made your mind up. I've done the same. Was debating between the two all pre season and eventually went consistency over potential. After round 1 felt like I picked wrong. Enright's injury issues just made it easier to decide.

Ok here is my rubble.

I've already done this weeks trades but can reverse them.

Pretty set on going Burger > Mummy and Roughead > Zorko

Leaves me $222,300 in the kitty.

Next week I want to downgrade Rohan > M.Crouch via Taylor dpp to forwards and then upgrade one of Webster, Michie or Higgins to Swallow (preferably Michie if funds allow to Swallow)

I'll check out your team and give you my 5 cents worth. :D:thumbsu:

View attachment 49769

Hey JM, ordinarily I'm not a fan of sideways trades when your players are still playing.
Roughy could easily outscore Zorko by 50+ this week, how would you feel if that happened?
I've never been a fan of Leuy, but Mumford is tearing it up. Do this if you have no other pressing issues.

Enright, Mitchell, Webster, all named so that's your defence sorted. :thumbsu:
Mids are fine. :thumbsu:

If your team was mine, I'd look at getting Zorko in for Higgins. How much money did you have to work with?
You could downgrade Webster to KK, or Rohan to Ambrose, or Leuy to Hickey.

This way you get to keep Roughy, and bolster your forward line with Zorko.

Thinking BenKen to Zorko & Michie to MThomas.

Screw Ambrose, it's so rare that 1st year tall fwds can keep that up.

Will have enough to go JKH to L taylor next week if he's dropped/vested/found impersonating a potato.

Comments welcome.
No need to trade out Mitchie, he's got a negative break even. I've hovered in top 10 and done this by sticking to 1 rule of generating cash by only trading rookies that are maxed out. Easy trade for me this week, got all the cash cows so trading Franklin (tested him for 2 weeks) to Zorko (should be fairly consistent around 100pts). Lobbe to Mumford who is getting to more contests than any other ruckman. Think he's going to keep punching out more big scores.
These are good trade boys, get on...

Hey JM, ordinarily I'm not a fan of sideways trades when your players are still playing.
Roughy could easily outscore Zorko by 50+ this week, how would you feel if that happened?
I've never been a fan of Leuy, but Mumford is tearing it up. Do this if you have no other pressing issues.

If your team was mine, I'd look at getting Zorko in for Higgins. How much money did you have to work with?

Not a fan of the Caddy -> Zorko trade?

Not a fan of the Caddy -> Zorko trade?

I like Caddy, I think his best is yet to come. Could end up with a 90-100 point average.
Just can't see the same with Higgins.
Only my humble opinion.

FWIW I don't have either.

Need replacements for Barlow and Deledio. 21k available prior to trades. Current line-up:
McVeigh, Simpson, H. Taylor, Swallow, Sutcliffe, Webster (Langdon, C.Cameron)
Barlow, Sloane, Deledio, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan (Taylor, Lemmens)
Sandi, Jacobs (Hickey, Thurlow)
Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard, Zorko, Caddy, Rohan (Impey, JKH)

thoughts?

How much will MThomas rise if he scores 80 in the next 2 weeks? Thinking of going Michie to Thomas at this point but the price rise needs to be worth a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only have $113,300 in the kitty before the trades mate so can't do straight swap of Higgins > Zorko.

Could do Caddy > Zorko though.

I dunno. Raveneyes and everyone else what do you think of these 2 trades?

Enright > Swallow (Enright probably late out, pick him up later on when he drops in price)

Michie > M.Thomas

Then next week if Burger and Roughead have spudded it up again I'll have $111,000 to go Burger > Mummy and Roughead > Zorko.

Thoughts? o_O

Only have $113,300 in the kitty before the trades mate so can't do straight swap of Higgins > Zorko.

Enright > Swallow (Enright probably late out, pick him up later on when he drops in price)

Michie > M.Thomas

Then next week if Burger and Roughead have spudded it up again I'll have $111,000 to go Burger > Mummy and Roughead > Zorko.

Thoughts? o_O

I'm thinking along the same lines with Enright.
I haven't got Tyson in my team so I'll be doing a very similar trade with Michie > Tyson.

Michie > M.Thomas

Thoughts? o_O

Yeah I'm in a similar position to you JM. I've got 3 trades I'm weighing up Caddy -> Zorko, Michie -> Tyson and Leuey -> Mummy.

Unfortunately can't do both the Caddy to Zorko and Michie to Tyson trades so I'm leaning towards leaving Michie in there (got Rohan in my forwards still, will have to wait for Round 3).

Two trades are not enough to fix my rabble. Enright, Hodge, Fyfe, Michie, Ryder all out. Not to mention non-playing rookies in Clurey and Billings on my bench. Matt Crouch comes in this week so that gives some relief. Only $19,300 in the bank. What to do? I'm thinking Ryder > Mumford and then Hodge > Zorko. Any other ideas?

Yeah I'm in a similar position to you JM. I've got 3 trades I'm weighing up Caddy -> Zorko, Michie -> Tyson and Leuey -> Mummy.

Unfortunately can't do both the Caddy to Zorko and Michie to Tyson trades so I'm leaning towards leaving Michie in there (got Rohan in my forwards still, will have to wait for Round 3).

If only we could do 3 trades this week I would. LOL!

I'm wondering if M.Thomas is worth it?

Probably is as he goes up $90k this week which will mean I have a quick platform to a fallen premo around bye time. :thumbsu:

Swallows the other one.

I was going to get him in next week anyways but now with all this talk about Enright being a late out and all I don't know if I can risk it.

Doing these two trades allows me to have one more look at Zorko to see if he's the real deal or not.

I'm convinced Mummy will be in the top 3 rucks by end of season and is way better than Burger.

Unfortunately can't get him in till next week though.

Just need Burger to play half decent against Nicholls so he doesn't loose too much cash. Same with Roughead.

Michie > M.Thomas

Thoughts? o_O

I like the fact you'll give Roughy another week!!! He'll come good, I'm sure.

What about:
Leuey to Hickey
Higgins to Zorko
(doing these trades also adds $10k to your finances, $120k for next week)
Hickey looks to be the equal of Leuey, or even better. This funds the Zorko inclusion.

Not sure on M.Thomas, but Michie looks in trouble. Not good enough for the Melbourne extended bench!

Swallow is a must have this year, so getting him before his price rise is key. If you trade Enright out, do so at your peril.
It would be good for you if Geelong played before the Suns, but that's not happening. Tough choice!

As for Mummy, I started with him and couldn't be happier. But as everyone with him can tell you, he is prone to injury and suspension. Not guaranteed to continue his monster scoring either. Having said all that, I JUST LOVE HAVING HIM!!!!

Tough choices JM, but I do think you need to get in one of Zorko/Swallow.

Gents - any thoughts on this?

McVeigh,Suckling,Mitchell,Walker,Langdon,McDonald/ Georgiou,Langford

Pendles,Watson,Ablett,Libba,Ellis,Polec,Dunstan,Thomas/Michie,Crouch

Gunston,Martin,Danger,Caddy,Higgins,Rohan/Impey,JKH

Sandi,Cox

Gunston to Zorko &
Michie to Tyson

Any better options lads?... Thx in advance.

Two trades are not enough to fix my rabble. Enright, Hodge, Fyfe, Michie, Ryder all out. Not to mention non-playing rookies in Clurey and Billings on my bench. Matt Crouch comes in this week so that gives some relief. Only $19,300 in the bank. What to do? I'm thinking Ryder > Mumford and then Hodge > Zorko. Any other ideas?

I like the Ryder > Mummy trade so you have my tick of approval there.

How are you planning to do the Hodge > Zorko trade?

In a bit of a pickle with Michie
option 1) Ryder to Hickey and Michie to Tyson (waste of a few trades as i'll end up trading hickey later)
2) Ryder to Mumford. Hold Michie on my bench and wait to downgrade to someone like Matt Crouch
3) Caddy to J Merrett (under rated scoring player, could average 85+ before bye IMO) and Michie to Tyson and Take Ryder 0 with no reserves
4) Libba to Marc Murphy and Michie to Tyson and take ryder 0 with no reserves
5) Rohan to JKH/Ambrose and Michie to Tyson and take ryder 0 with no reserves

PLEASE OH GOD HELP ME ALMIGHTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back