Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your team looks pretty strong.

If you wanted to take a risk you could trade Zorko and Bont to Dusty and Danger. It would break some golden rules of supercoach, but if there are some stud rookies this year, it may mean that not as many trades are needed as some years. This could mean that the winner is the guy who focuses on points early.

Have considered it but I'm just short of coin. I could do Danger/Dusty and Oliver.
Long story short but to me Bont looks the more vulnerable of the two and I'm happy to persist with Zorko.

Am seriously thinking about the first trade.

I might hold Hibberd considering DEF Rookies like Campdown Races and Finlayson are punching above their weight and more or less covering for him.
I will wait on team sections Re hibbo dees need to drop some of those half back potatoes so piggy can feast.

Pretty good team.
I agree dump Bont and I add Zorko as well.

Maybe, look at Martin, Oliver, Selwood and Parker.

I would, I am waiting for Danger to drop and get a war chest and get him later.

That is the the issue. I don't think Danger will drop much , even if he scores 4 x 100s over the next month he will drop around the 630/640k mark which still aint cheap.

At 3/4 time yesterday I thought, you beauty, he was on 83 and he will be cheap in a few weeks but right on cue when the game was up for grabs he pulled out a 50 point last quarter.

Don't mind the Oliver idea though.

Hey campaigners.

If want advice is is easier for posters to help if you post your team and cash balance.

But, but, I did Miss :p

large.jpg

I'm thinking the same. I think it sounds like a good plan. Or at least it does at first thought.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts on my plans. Basically it's to focus on getting the top guys in. I think with some awesome rookies that this approach could pay off.

I need to trade Libba, and want Mitchell really badly. My team is below, and I have 80k.

Libba -> Mitchell would leave me needing $138.9k.

I feel like Hibberd to Bonner is the best way to get this cash. Everyone else is doing their job well enough. This would leave me with 149k.

I'm not convinced, appreciate any feedback on this approach, or on other ideas.

View attachment 478360

Hey Suma,

I have almost the same dilemma as you needing to get rid of Libba with $81K in bank (don't have Hibberd though).
Thinking of trading my worst DEF (Sicily) to Bonner to free up the cash to get Libba to Dusty.
An alternative to this could be Libba to RGray with just 1 trade via a Heeney, Walters etc. Don't know if you've thought of that?

How would people rank these 3 on bringing them in this week:

- Bonner
- Coniglio
- Ryan (WCE)

Cogs - Premo at mid tier price, Will never be cheaper.
Bon - Great price but will he be in your final D6? Perfect for a failing premo like Hibberd
Ryan - Good forward rookie but not a must have, Will have scores in the 40s and 50s some weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thoughts on Dahlhaus? Started off the season very poorly, reckon he can get back to that 95 ave or flick him for Green or Billings?

Hey Suma,

I have almost the same dilemma as you needing to get rid of Libba with $81K in bank (don't have Hibberd though).
Thinking of trading my worst DEF (Sicily) to Bonner to free up the cash to get Libba to Dusty.
An alternative to this could be Libba to RGray with just 1 trade via a Heeney, Walters etc. Don't know if you've thought of that?

Cheers mate.

I've got 5 forwards that are likely going to be keepers. So I think I'm going to hold off upgrading there. Maybe Gray after his bye could be good. But if you have two forwards on the field then Gray could be ok as a POD.

I had thought that Sicily got off for the knee incident, but apparently it hasn't been announced. So if he is suspended then I could trade him to Bonner and Libba to Mitchell.

How would people rank these 3 on bringing them in this week:

- Bonner
- Coniglio
- Ryan (WCE)

All are good but it really depends on what ur team needs.

For me personally I have bonner at the top because I would trade naughton to him who I think is at risk of getting dropped.

But if a mid was a prority for me then id jump on Coniglio

I didn't see any of the WC v bullies game but heard the last quarter on the radio and the commentators in referring to WC forwards were saying things like
'you would've kicked 4 out there today' and 'absolutely no pressure, lining up to kick goals'.
Did anyone actually see the game to give comment.
I'm curious if Ryans score may be an anomaly because of a totally piss poor opposition?

I'm glad you asked about points, scaling and weighing. My exact argument is that Martin has been scaled up for no good reason, and it shows in his score.
Lets look at Dustys HT to FT SC scores.

1st Half: DT: 80, SC: 84
Stats: Kicks - 13, HB 4, MK 2, Tackle 3, Goals 3, CP 9, CL 6, Clanger 1, DE 70, FF -, FA 1

2nd Half: DT: 47, SC 76
Stats: Kicks - 6, HB 2, MK, 1, Tackle 4, Goals 2, CP 5, CL 1, Clanger 3, DE 87.5, FF -, FA 2

Supercoach 84 | 76
Disposals 17 | 8
Kicks 13 | 6
Handballs 4 | 2
Marks 2 | 1
Tackles 3 | 4
Goals 3 | 2
CP 9 | 5
Clearances 6 | 1
Clanger 1 | 3
DE 70 | 88
Free Against 1 | 2

Now lets go through each of those touches.

Q3. 5 Possessions - 29.5 SC points (should've been 21.5 SC points) - Tigers lose qtr by 10 points
Possession 1 (3 points)

Contested possession (intercepts crow handball) - 3 points
Kick to contest (short) (centre clearance) - 0 points

Possession 2 (9.5 points)
Uncontested handball receive - 1.5 points
Long effective kick to i50 - 5 points
Score assist - 3 points

Possession 3 (4.5 points)
Uncontested handball receive - 1.5 points
Effective kick (short) - 3 points

Tackle (4 points)
Watch the replay, they call this a tackle on CEY and its clearly not. Shouldn't have gotten points for this

Free Against (-4 points)

One Percenter/Turnover (8 points)

Tackle - 4 points - once again, this wasn't a tackle
Knock on to advantage - 4 points

Possession 4 (4.5 points)
Uncontested handball receive - 1.5 point
Effective kick (short) - 3 points

Q4. 5 Possessions - 40 SC points (should've been 32 SC points)- Tigers lose qtr by 14 points
Possession 5 (13 points)
Contested mark I50 - 4 points
Kick - 3 points
Goal - 6 points (Score after goal - 91 v 75)

Tackle (4 points)
Third non tackle he is given points for, he TOUCHES CEY's arm and that counts as a tackle apparently

Possession 6 (10.5 points)
Kick - 3 points
Goal - 6 points (Score after goal - 91 v 82)

Possession 7 (3 points)
Effective handball - 1.5 point

Tackle (4 points)
Fourth non-tackle award points, he touches CEY's hips as CEY handballs/falls to the ground

Free Against (0 points)
Hardball Get - 4 points
FA - -4 points

Possession 8 (5.5 points)
Looseball Get - 4 points
Effective handball - 1.5 point

Conclusion:
I can only seem to find 70 SC points for Dusty's second half according to the AFL statistics and their replays. Once you adjust for the three incorrect tackles it should've been 54 points. Yet amazingly he ended up with 76 points for the half!

Now sure, you can argue that the score of his first half contributed to the second half via scaling. And that is a legitimate argument, however, given he was also gifted 16 points from non-existent tackles in one half alone and the fact the Tigers got pumped by 36 and it doesn't appear his second half score had much scaling go the other way I don't buy it.

Remember he had a +33 DT/SC game differential, when other Tigers who had great first halves weren't scaled up by similarly crazy amounts (e.g. Nankervis +10 , Caddy -1). Match winners Josh Jenkins (+1 DT/SC) and Laird (-21 DT/SC) didn't receive super scaling, Dusty's direct opponent CEY copped it hard (-24 DT/SC).

So yes, a +22 SC point half on what he should've scored seems completely off, and that isn't even looking at the first half of the game.
Don't worry though, definitely all in my head and 100% NOT KOTD :drunk::thumbsu:
WOW! Youre crying over 6 extra points? Hahah. And you took this much time to research possession by possession? Hahahahahahha. Thats embarassing as shit.

The tackles were counted, unless similar tackles where consistently not counted for other players, then thats nothing to do with Dusty. Thats an issue with the champion data stat keepers. So taking off those points is just dumb unless you want to go through every single player and adjust their scores for tackles that shouldn't have counted.

As far as I can tell the closer the score is the later in the game, the more it gets scaled. So touches late in a close game are scaled better than goals at the start of a match. And Dusty kicked 2 goals in the last quarter to bring Richmond back.
Was Jenkins a match winner? I assume kicking most of his goals early in the game from free kicks dont get you as much as outplaying an opponent and kicking goals last in the game.
Am I imagining things are does your break down of scores just have the base score with no scaling? Add back in the points you stupidly took out for the tackles and it seems pretty simple where the few extra points come from.

Im not sure whats in your head. Not much if you think the people doing champion data stat keeping are upping certain players stats for supercoach scores. LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back