Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.
Keeping menegola is stupid shit. You can get a sp mid for his price.
I wouldn't trade Lambert. I think his is a case of just 2 poor games. Menegola has had an obvious role change.
Ofc when gaz gets injured....

I just fear Menegola will go large this week if I remove him. He's been solid for years now Kelly and Ablett are back and he's just not getting into it.

FFS I don't know

Post your team.
I'll give u a random idea you will probably hate.

bloke only has 27 career games..wondering what i do with him too
EDIT: has like 32 career games but only 27 i can easily see the sc stats for :D

Last edited:
Pittard will struggle to get back into the team. The only one he could replace is Houston and I don't want that to happen.

Bonner's scores won't be affected either way as Port want the ball in his hands coming out of defence.

Cont...you sweet talking basterd...

like 3.gif

Am I mad for thinking Hibberd > Bonnar and ZGL > McLean is a good move this week?

Pros: Structure change. Happy to field 3 rookies + Bonnar in backline if it means I only have to field 1 fwd rookie (Lobb becomes F5). I also get a cash cow in Bonnar after losing one in ZGL.

Alternate option is no trades.

Pros: Save 2 trades. I will gain a captain loophole in ZGL (I don’t have one currently).

On paper Bonnar + McLean will score more than Hibberd + Ryan/Garlett but is it worth it...

Team:
9F41E4E2-FFAF-46F5-9CF3-21E1ABD3D034.png
293CB831-7FBD-446C-A29A-3C8131397398.png

Looking to get any Defender in below 500k (replacing Hibberd)

Right now its a choice of
Heath Shaw + 41k
or
Bonner + 242k

I like the extra cash that Bonner gives, but I don't think he is going to be a keeper.
So stick with the premium you started with?

Ahh what to do community what to do.

I've had to trade Crouch for Martin. Now Greene has not been selected. I've also got Sicily. Do I hold Greene or trade him?

Thinking Green to on of Menzel / Curnow / Smith / Lynch.

What should I do.

Am I mad for thinking Hibberd > Bonnar and ZGL > McLean is a good move this week?

Pros: Structure change. Happy to field 3 rookies + Bonnar in backline if it means I only have to field 1 fwd rookie (Lobb becomes F5). I also get a cash cow in Bonnar after losing one in ZGL.

Alternate option is no trades.

Pros: Save 2 trades. I will gain a captain loophole in ZGL (I don’t have one currently).

On paper Bonnar + McLean will score more than Hibberd + Ryan/Garlett but is it worth it...

Team:
View attachment 479341
View attachment 479342
That looks a pretty solid trade to me. Mclean is looking like a faitly safe bet for a top 6 forward and there are questions over hibberd. (Although hunt getting dropped might funnel some more ball his way)

Nothing wrong with using 2 trades to correct things before prices move.

Tossing up beteeen a few options. Crouch and Rayner are my two biggest issues.

Should i go:

Crouch and rRayner to Mitchell and any rookie under 200k

Crouch and Rayner to Oliver and Fisher

Crouch and Rayner to Cogs/mclean/gray and Fisher +$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayshaw > Barry (+$81k)
Lobb > Taranto (+30k)

Means I now have $114k in the bank to put towards trading in the messiah in Danger once he (hopefully) drops in price a tad.

Taranto looks to be able to produce the same output as Lobb, or if not better. Serves the same purpose as Lobb, being a stepping stone to a premium whilst appreciating in price. Difference is, I think Lobb's value will dip as he'll have games like he did against the Pies that will stagnate his appreciation. Barry, meanwhile, is really the only rookie i've missed that should build bank, whilst giving me an instant cash injection of $80k.

Will sit on my trades for now, and hope that Libba is the only trade that i'll be forced to make due to a long term injury.

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 8.44.19 PM.png

Looking to get any Defender in below 500k (replacing Hibberd)

Right now its a choice of
Heath Shaw + 41k
or
Bonner + 242k

I like the extra cash that Bonner gives, but I don't think he is going to be a keeper.

Luke Ryan.

Held $160k in bank to bring in Graham for underperforming rookie this round....ain't gonna happen now!

Have missed major carnage and only concerns are Lambert & Zorko, oh and ZGL. Have been tempted all week to ditch them and Naughton/Brawshaw for combo's of Dusty, McLean, Taranto, Fisher, Bonner.

In my past two seasons, l would've traded in a heartbeat, both in this and round one and ran out of trades by round 17/18. Not this year! Am holding stead, backing premo's in and despite $$ to be made short term on mid price types, 2 games in is not enough for me to be convinced that they'll keepers.

So 30 trades and $$ in bank to bring in Dusty when cows fatten it is.

Good luck to all whether you're holding or trading!

Brayshaw > Barry (+$81k)
Lobb > Taranto (+30k)

Means I now have $114k in the bank to put towards trading in the messiah in Danger once he (hopefully) drops in price a tad.

Taranto looks to be able to produce the same output as Lobb, or if not better. Serves the same purpose as Lobb, being a stepping stone to a premium whilst appreciating in price. Difference is, I think Lobb's value will dip as he'll have games like he did against the Pies that will stagnate his appreciation. Barry, meanwhile, is really the only rookie i've missed that should build bank, whilst giving me an instant cash injection of $80k.

Will sit on my trades for now, and hope that Libba is the only trade that i'll be forced to make due to a long term injury.
Holding ZGL for the duration, or trading away at the first opportunity?

Hibberd (-85K) > Simpson (+70K)
Zorko(-116K) > Tich (+67K)

I have ZLG & Darcy Fogarty in the forward line but I will hang on to them for now. Had Garlett as a mid who I can swap with Fogarty so I have some bench cover.

Last edited:
Menegola to heeney.
After that its finding someone for zgl.
I vote fisher. As he's barely above rooky priced.
But Taz would be just as good for a little more and is DPP.
The main reason I picked fisher is the quality of his team. Less competition for his role.

So do you trade in Fisher or Bonner hoping they will be keepers or purely to earn $$ to upgrade later?

Ive got them to be a stepping stone to a premo. If Fisher can garner me $150,000 (takes him to $420,000 odd) then that'll allow me the opportunity to go directly from Fisher to a Chad Wingard if he ever comes good.

OR

We hold a guy like Fisher and cop the -10 points a game that Fisher wouldn't make you compared to a Gunston or similar but instead use that money on a premium midfielder.

FWIW, I started with Bonner and am going to move on ZGL for Fisher. Fisher is going at a premium at the moment (ave 93 iirc), if he continues or even stagnates to an 80, I'd be happy with him as a F5/F6

Holding ZGL for the duration, or trading away at the first opportunity?

Seems like a waste of a trade in my situation, especially considering I would need to fork out cash to get the only other option I like in English.

He should slot right back in to the GWS lineup once fit. Plus, having to only play one rookie up forward means i'm not so reliant on him ZGL to play, given both Ryan and Fritsch have solid spots in their respective sides.

I could always go ZGL > Barry and switch Garlett back into the FWDs, but that disables the DPP link. Something for me to think about.

Anything that I’m missing in my team? Recommended trades?
Want to get rid of hibberd as Lewis and Vince are taking kick outs and his role has changed.
Keen on Simpson but not sure if worth the trade!
48AD8106-749E-4AB0-BC18-97A1C6E2087E.jpeg 93276E7C-0DE5-410D-8A84-B641B0EE5184.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back