Preview Round 4, 2018: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Sunday 15th April, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 100 66.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 50 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What relevance does Sinclair playing small forward when he started have? He’s played his best footy BY FAR as a wingman. For a side that is struggling we need to keep things simple, play players in their best positions.

Screams of a bit of favouritism and lack of confidence to play the younger and more skillfull blokes.
Newnes has a Vice like grip on a wing position even though hes been terrible- Forcing Sinclair and Acres into the forward line.
Webster out- a chance to trust in White or Coffield to claim that spot in the backline. Nope bring in Gilbort.
Roma was strong in the ruck against Jacobs- Bring in Hickey.

Consistency and knowing your role does wonders for a young player.

Perhaps he was tiring, most of our mids started to look out on their feet at three quarter time. I doubt Richo is moron and thinks that because something works he'll change it up. It was either to get Billins and Gresham into the game or because his tank isn't up to 4 quarters on a wing IMO.
He didnt struggle to play 4 full quarters on the wing last year, and his is known as one of our best runners who can run all day.
Tank isn't the issue, try again.

Nice to see Richo publicly acknowledge the error, but you have to wonder why the decision was made in the first place. It does no one any favours playing under done players and highlights the lack of faith Richo has in other younger players!
Or his misplaced faith in David.
Good to see him acknowledge his error though.

Wow, a young (currently 23) and quickly developing 1st round (pick 18) ruckman going out and winning 33 possessions (as well as winning the hit outs for those of you that consider them relevant) all around the ground like an old fashioned follower.

So that's what a 1st round young ruckman looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben McEvoy!!!

With Webster out, surely they should have given Rice a go. Poor bloke. Seeing newer people coming in, he must be wondering why he didn't choose the Blues. He's form in Sandy's been good too. What's the knock on him?

Too many late nights .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What relevance does Sinclair playing small forward when he started have? He’s played his best footy BY FAR as a wingman. For a side that is struggling we need to keep things simple, play players in their best positions.

Well then where do we play Acres, his best position is wing too. And Newness best was the wing too. May be we need get better at recruiting for needs rather than getting multiple insides and slow wing men. Lonie and Minch are best in the midfield so they get an inside spot too obviously?

Well then where do we play Acres, his best position is wing too. And Newness best was the wing too. May be we need get better at recruiting for needs rather than getting multiple insides and slow wing men. Lonie and Minch are best in the midfield so they get an inside spot too obviously?
Acres best is on the ball and newnes best is off half back. Lonie doesn’t have the size for midfield hence him playing forward. Minch’s best is in the vfl.

If the weather tomorrow is anything like today then an agile guy like Battle or Clark seems like a better in than Hickey. But if it’s not absolutely pissing down I’d love to bring Hickey in and stretch their defence without Harry Taylor and Henderson. Paddy, Marshal and Hickey could be a tough one for them. I think when Hickey played his best football it was when he dragged opposition forward and took marks inside 50. I’d love for him to get that back in his game.

With Carlisle, Brown, Roberton and Gilbert in our backline we shouldn’t need to move anyone tall back. If our mids are competitive I think our forward line has its best chance to get some form.

I'm really glad we have Marshall to stretch them up forward. Last night the Pies had Cox to direct play through. We could do with a taller forward to focus through and spill the ball or mark.

He didnt struggle to play 4 full quarters on the wing last year, and his is known as one of our best runners who can run all day.
Tank isn't the issue, try again.

I gave you other options, maybe we just have shit players who can't play up forward. I guess you must be pissed off that I suggested that the coaches might have reasons. Do you think that they just do stuff to **** themselves up?

Screams of a bit of favouritism and lack of confidence to play the younger and more skillfull blokes.
Newnes has a Vice like grip on a wing position even though hes been terrible- Forcing Sinclair and Acres into the forward line.
Webster out- a chance to trust in White or Coffield to claim that spot in the backline. Nope bring in Gilbort.
Roma was strong in the ruck against Jacobs- Bring in Hickey.

Consistency and knowing your role does wonders for a young player.
excellent post. This is the exact reason our supporters are filthy at the moment, it feels like there is no direction from our coaches.

Positive atleast we are going in with a genuine pinch hitting ruck rather than forcing Bruce to ruck

Negative forward line structure is horrid. Acres as a key forward or even a third tall. Not sure i like it. Need him on the wing running end to end.
Doesnt mean he cant change position with a resting ruck or rotate with the smaller forwards

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesnt mean he cant change position with a resting ruck or rotate with the smaller forwards

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
The opposite i would have thought. Hell spend more time down there then previous weeks.

We need him full time in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back