Preview Round 4, 2018: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Sunday 15th April, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 100 66.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 50 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soglad Armitage gone. Why they didn't make him play through vfl while we had Dunstan who already proved himself worthy is beyond me. Disgrace and the kinda thing makes players think favourites are happening.
Lonie is a gun. Love his work hopefully he has a great game.
Hickey???? Why. I'm assuming he plays full forward cause he can't fing ruck
It's going to be Raining. Surely Hickey does not play.
Clark for Hickey and we have a decent team

His ferocious tackling doesn't go astray, either.
Yeah, the tackling is a huge asset to have, sets the tone for our side.

I love having those fellas from the more northern states who grew up with rugby in our team. Lenny was a gun tackler, Armo was too, even the big Hick isn't too shabby, Long isn't half bad and Gilbo when he's on song is impervious.

Aug 27, 2016 Geelong defeated Melbourne by 111pts , Melbourne's team back then hasnt changed much from today's .
I see a fair bit of our current side similar to Melbourne's 2016 team .
Just ready yourselves, apply lube if you must but its coming . Just remember all wounds heal after time and you mite even shit solid again ;)

Aug 27, 2016 Geelong defeated Melbourne by 111pts , Melbourne's team back then hasnt changed much from today's .
I see a fair bit of our current side similar to Melbourne's 2016 team .
Just ready yourselves, apply lube if you must but its coming . Just remember all wounds heal after time and you mite even shit solid again ;)
Thanks for the confidence boost.

If that happens I'm shutting off my modem for a week.

I actually like the Hickey selection. I imagine him and Marshall will be sharing the time in the ruck. Hickey's strong around the ground as a contested marking target, which we really struggle with, especially in the forward line. Sure, he's had a few poor games but if he can recapture his 2016 (or was it 2015?) form that saw him in discussions as being one of the top four ruckmen in the competition, we will absolutely be a stronger team for it. I like Marshall in the ruck from what we saw last game, and I think the addition of Hickey will add to that.

If it goes horribly wrong I'll own it but I've got a good feeling about the Hickey/Marshall ruck duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do people feel about the forward structure going into this game?
Unknown, but it’s not working currently. So I think it is worth a shot. Marshall has been good forward for at least a year. Who knows with Hickey, but at least he sounds like he’s in form. Lonie will pressure, just has to convert his opportunities. He has not done that, so he has a chance to come good.

We have gone down to Sleepy Hollow with worse sides.

This. There's been plenty of bagging of Robbo's start to the year, but I dare say a lot of his drop in output is due to Gilbo's absence meaning Robbo has had to play the 3rd tall role more.

Also I think it’s because we’ve played Sav & Webster in the back line & they are both attacking running types where we need Robbo to be that player as well as an interceptor, he can’t while playing BP.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cats are currently the worst side in the league for number of inside 50s conceeded. 60, 62 and 64 in their 3 matches for a total of 186. This is as good a chance as any for our forwards(paddy especially) to find some form given that taylor and henderson are still injured.
How many of those games were on the skinny oval in Geelong?

Bruce out...Hickey in swapping forward with Marshall. Armo out, Steele in. Assuming Members no good. If he is ok, Wright out for him. If not Lonie in for Wright.

Give the rest of them another crack....
Bump. Didn’t know the Webster injury so I pretty much got it right. Going to be wet and windy by the sound of it. I’m ok with this team. Fingers crossed.

Bump. Didn’t know the Webster injury so I pretty much got it right. Going to be wet and windy by the sound of it. I’m ok with this team. Fingers crossed.

Armitage has always been good in the wet. A beast in such conditions. It is his specialty in some ways.

If it is wet, they really should bring him in

man this gilbert dude sounds like the second coming, i'm pumped!!

I actually am pumped, and I too think we've really missed gilbo. I think at times his hardness and experience wasn't as required as it is now, and him getting dropped was fair (that patch where he kept turning it over in the d50), but we need him now. He's a bloody good player in a lot of ways, just don't coff* it up glibert!

*unless he's free and a good option

how will they be competitive if they dont have the 3rd power ranger to join forces to create the super mega midfield force?
They already have the green ranger - the most powerful of them all.

umpire-getty-800.jpg

Armitage has always been good in the wet. A beast in such conditions. It is his specialty in some ways.

If it is wet, they really should bring him in
I love Armo, but I think he’s cooked. His back is buggered. Groins not great either.

The old Armo would be great, but I don’t think we’ve got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back