Preview Round 4, 2019: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 14 April 2019, 3.20pm at Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It could be a tough game, but one we need to win if we want to play finals.

Expect Steele to tag Jaeger, who may still be a bit sore, so we may need to tag Billings who is their most efficient deliverer into their forward 50. Morrison? We are very thin on midfield rotations. If the back 6 have good games we should have too much class, provided we are efficient in front of goal.

Their first up win against the Sun's, and withstanding the Bombers comeback show that their form has been good. With better goal kicking they could be 3-0.

Has anyone made note that we’ve scored 87 points in our last 4 games including the JLT? Weird

I did notice that very weird . Not good enough our midfield - forward link up is not working effectively atm.
Defensively we can contain teams but where struggling to cut them up.

Oh yeah I yelled at the tv a few times on his behalf but the reality is he doesn’t win those contests quite as often nor get free of his opponent as much nor close down space for the opposition quite as quickly. He isn’t bad but but not quite as good anymore.
I know, he copped some unfair treatment from Norths defenders though and somehow only gave away a free and received none.

If the umps had done their job he might have had more impact. Couple of years ago he'd probably have done it anyway but that's no excuse for North being able to get away with manhandling him.

Was thinking the same thing, especially with no train at all from the south east suburbs and
Increased price ticket (+$2 from last year).

However after yesterday, I want to watch Chad Wingard again. So I'll be there for the Chad :D.
I drove the tribe to Sandringham station yesterday to make use of the trains. Friends of ours drove to the G and they missed the car park by about 10 cars. Didn't see them until half time lol!

I did notice that very weird . Not good enough our midfield - forward link up is not working effectively atm.
Defensively we can contain teams but where struggling to cut them up.

Should have put 100+ on the roos, the constant bombing into our dwarf forwards didn’t help, I still see plenty to work with.

Massive shame we don’t have Titch, makes you wonder what we could do with him and a fully fit Scully/Chad and Scrimmers.

Stratton Frawley Scrimshaw
Impey Sicily Hardwick
Hendo Omeara Smith
Wingard Gunston Breust
Lewis Roughead Nash
Mcevoy Scully Worpel
Bench Cousins,Howe,Moore,Morrison

Our team is getting better we can contain teams but are struggling with the ball. I think where 5-6 goals off the top 4 teams.

- Stratts play as the 2nd tall, Sicily coming 3rd man up. If we need two key defenders Morrison goes out.
- Lewis in with the 3 best midsized fwds at his feet with Roughy guidence.
- Hendo and Smith on the wings lets try Scully as ruck rover while Shiels is out.
- some midfield depth on the bench Howe and Cousins.

Morrison has been poor for a while. I don't think Clarko will drop him, but he really needs to lift.

Posters saying Poppy has been good, but I haven't seen it. 1 tackle last week, just a lot of chasing. Don't see who comes in for him though.

Roughy comes in if fit. Nash should go out because he we're carrying him for large potions of games.

Was good to Moore get a taste of senior footy, and he'll be better for it, but he probably needs to go back to VFL for a little longer. His time will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be surprised to see more than 2 changes.

With that in mind, I'd suspect the first change will be Rough in for more if he's over his corkie. The second could be a number of different things, but personally I'd be bringing Howe in for Morrison. Morrison has underperformed and he's too young to be gifted games, even if a Clarko favourite.
100 % correct call. Howe in for Harry who needs to find some form and a bit of mongrel at BH , he looks like a boy in a mans game.

i would make 3 changes

IN: Howe, Lewis and Roughead

OUT: Nash, Morrison, Moore

Roughead is still in our starting 22 and should be free to play?
Howe has been good for BHH and offers more punch than Morrison, seeing as we have too many runners in our team at present (Smith, Scully, Henderson, Morrison, Moore ect) we need more muscle for the contested game which is more valuable in the 6-6-6 system
Lewis is in good form and can actually mark the footy, if we're not going to play Sicily forward, because he is very valuable as a defender, then Lewis can give us something Roughy cant and that is an actual tall forw who can take a grab or lead and play the high CHF role.

Last edited:
Every season Puopolo is written off after 2-3 ordinary games, and every season he bounces back with a 3-4 goal, 20 possession performance.
If he isn't injured/sore, then he will bounce back to his usual, well-established form.

If he's no longer up to it, you'll see it in his athleticism and work rate.

Every season Puopolo is written off after 2-3 ordinary games, and every season he bounces back with a 3-4 goal, 20 possession performance.
If he isn't injured/sore, then he will bounce back to his usual, well-established form.

If he's no longer up to it, you'll see it in his athleticism and work rate.

Good points, with Wingard/Bruest up there he's bound to get off the chain at some stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back