Autopsy Round 4, 2022: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year on the AFL site, you could watch the all individual involvements for each player in a game. Can't seem to find that this year. Does anyone know where this is/if it is still a thing?
Not sure about the website but it’s still a thing on the app in the stats category.

I actually dont think this is true, i raised the McKay one from last year and i can distinctly recall a bunch of people here saying it was completely right he got off.

I shitcan our supporters and this board more than most but i actually think when it comes to being unbiased were as good as there is.

I'm not great with perspective. No Saints player has ever done anything wrong yet we are persecuted by a cruel governance system.

If the MRO was consistent. Paddy would have no case to answer.

Match review officer Michael Christian ruled that English had no case to answer, his finding that the Bulldog had been in a stationary position when contact was made between the two players effectively suggesting Blakey had run into the big man.

Footage appeared to show head-high contact was made but the AFL’s match review statement made no reference to where Blakey had been hit by English, who did not attempt to tackle, saying his actions were “not unreasonable in the circumstances”.

Yeah very similar. I'd say the only difference is Blakey looked at English beforehand, whereas Day seems to have NFI that Ryder is right in front of his eyes. I'd say it was poor technique by Day not protecting himself, but it really seems like he was blind more than anything.

As soon as the ball is kicked Paddy stops and prepares for impact, even puts his hand up, but Day seems to be in another world.

Watching the video I couldn't believe that Day actually changes direction INTO Paddy. Watch Day's feet, he runs in direction of where he wants to kick, and then his last step is a sharp detour to his left. It's bizarre, Day had zero awareness. Paddy looks at Day on the turf like WTF where you doing? Normally that player protects themselves and goes around the blocker. It happens many times every match. Day was in another world and got hurt.

And to Dwayne Russell saying Paddy should've smothered, get real. A 2m tall old man struggling physically to get on the park each week, and you want him to fly through the air for that? Weak comment.

1649661766691.png

Last edited:
So glad Butler got votes

Hawthorn vs St Kilda
Jack Sinclair (STK)
Bradley Hill (STK)
Jack Steele (STK)
Dan Butler (STK)
Tim Membrey (STK)
Jade Gresham (STK)
lol 8 goals for 1 vote for gres and King.

Signs the team had a fair day out.

When we signed him many Port posters were on here letting us know how much of a crap player he was.
He has been very valuable for us.

I’ll admit, after watching him in the pre season I was not stoked on him getting the spot on our list. Happy to eat my words here, he was great yesterday. Nice and clean and a level head.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that the game times for the draw are set to come out in the next week or so.

Being the highest scoring team and sitting 3 and 1 will not do our prime time chances any harm at all

Yeah, we all know just how well we play in prime time - I’m voting to continue playing on Sundays…🤣

Yeah very similar. I'd say the only difference is Blakey looked at English beforehand, whereas Day seems to have NFI that Ryder is right in front of his eyes. I'd say it was poor technique by Day not protecting himself, but it really seems like he was blind more than anything.

As soon as the ball is kicked Paddy stops and prepares for impact, even puts his hand up, but Day seems to be in another world.

Watching the video I couldn't believe that Day actually changes direction INTO Paddy. Watch Day's feet, he runs in direction of where he wants to kick, and then his last step is a sharp detour to his left. It's bizarre, Day had zero awareness. Paddy looks at Day on the turf like WTF where you doing? Normally that player protects themselves and goes around the blocker. It happens many times every match. Day was in another world and got hurt.

And to Dwayne Russell saying Paddy should've smother, get real. A 2m tall old man struggling physically to get on the park each week, and you want him to fly through the air for that? Weak comment.

View attachment 1369318

Paddy looks genuinely perplexed that Day has not just stepped into him completely exposed but seems to have accelerated to do it…

It is actually a weird incident watching it back more and more.

And to Dwayne Russell saying Paddy should've smothered, get real. A 2m tall old man struggling physically to get on the park each week, and you want him to fly through the air for that? Weak comment.

View attachment 1369318

If Day had just kept running straight there wouldn’t have been any collision.
Perfect vision. Paddy protected himself, wasn’t bumping at all.

Agree- however he very uncharacteristically fumbled the ball a lot yesterday which was surprising.

Normally that's the best part of his game- incredible hands and reflexes.

Awesome to see him play so well, yet still have room to improve.

He and gresh as genuine mids changes our entire team from one paced battlers to white collar class
Their was a fair few fumbles on both sides during the game imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've dealt with this very well George. No one should have to put up with that garbage. I'm sorry that you've been harassed off this forum; although I am not always a fan of your moderation or communication style, I agree with you most of the time and the board will be worse for your absence. Please reconsider, if only coming back as a poster and handing the moderation over to another patient soul. (nooooooo thanks) But most of the time you were a decent mod too so don't let the dickheads win if you feel you have more time to give: most of us really appreciate your work.

If the person responsible for this ludicrous but not funny attack is reading this, can I ask you to help George and the police track you down and turn yourself in. Physically attacking a person and his wife because of any if the nonsense we carry on with on this forum is more than a mistake, you actually need help. You also owe George's wife - and even George himself - security of knowing you are not out there waiting to attack again at the next match they attend. The help and healing can start once you've taken responsibility and apologied.

Plenty of people have told you already that what you did is unjustifiable and unacceptable. You need to actually realise that for yourself before you do something even worse. You might say that's soft or dramatic, but if you crossed this line, it means you are capable of doing it again. This isn't the Wild West. You might not like the way society is now but you do have to live in it.

George is a pretty open character on this forum, not to everyone's taste certainly, but regardless of his online persona, you must realise most of us on this forum are playing around here, that it's just shit talk? If you think anyone here deserves real life harassment, then please shut down your account and stop using this forum. You crossed a line people don't cross, it's an unwritten contract that what happens on this forum stays on this forum.

You don't have to act this way, you can choose who you want to be. If you DO want to be a person who does things like this, then please do not go to the footy, stick to the internet and protect the population from undeserved violence. It'll catch up with you and ruin your life and has already cost an innocent party their safety.
Hey Austin thanks for that mate (and everyone else who has reached out - responded to all who opened up a PM with me but have just "liked" the public comments as to not engulf the thread with this nonsense). This is on the way to getting resolved and so far I am happy with the outcome, and more importantly my partner & I are feeling a lot better than we did this time yesterday. We have since taken some easy steps to protect our identities and given the...shall I say, physical appearance of this person, I am not that intimidated and after I take a bit of time I reckon I'll continue going to the football.

I'm stupid but I'm not stupid enough to have this incident be a reflection of this board. We have some great people here and honestly I don't think the person in question posts here anymore - I made an effort to weed out the deranged types over the last few years and if I had to guess it'd be one of them. I can't see anyone that currently posts taking it to that kind of level.

I also hope this doesn't sour the win for anyone. I was just pent up with emotion after the game. I would've killed this guy if there were no ramifications lol, I'm thankful that I didn't escalate it and instead just removed myself from the situation.

I do want to bring this back to discussing the game though so I'll leave it at that and more than happy to chat privately to you or anyone else. I am overwhelmed with the response though.

Hey Austin thanks for that mate (and everyone else who has reached out - responded to all who opened up a PM with me but have just "liked" the public comments as to not engulf the thread with this nonsense). This is on the way to getting resolved and so far I am happy with the outcome, and more importantly my partner & I are feeling a lot better than we did this time yesterday. We have since taken some easy steps to protect our identities and given the...shall I say, physical appearance of this person, I am not that intimidated and after I take a bit of time I reckon I'll continue going to the football.

I'm stupid but I'm not stupid enough to have this incident be a reflection of this board. We have some great people here and honestly I don't think the person in question posts here anymore - I made an effort to weed out the deranged types over the last few years and if I had to guess it'd be one of them. I can't see anyone that currently posts taking it to that kind of level.

I also hope this doesn't sour the win for anyone. I was just pent up with emotion after the game. I would've killed this guy if there were no ramifications lol, I'm thankful that I didn't escalate it and instead just removed myself from the situation.

I do want to bring this back to discussing the game though so I'll leave it at that and more than happy to chat privately to you or anyone else. I am overwhelmed with the response though.
Hey George. I have some friends in the police and I think I’ve managed to get a picture of the suspect. He was sighted being a nuisance a few times.
Was this the man?
0635B91D-30A2-4817-A5D5-8B37CA792A8C.png

Hey George. I have some friends in the police and I think I’ve managed to get a picture of the suspect. He was sighted being a nuisance a few times.
Was this the man?
View attachment 1369390
I think you might be onto something. When the Hawks displayed the sign it was his calling to come and harass me. Like Batman. His rotund frame is very similar.

7 frees against Ryder, I'd say 6 were soft. The umps already punished him.

How's the one on the wing, the throw-in goes over the rucks, Paddy is the only who turns to get to the ball but the Hawks ruck holds him back... free kick Hawthorn hahaha. They absolutely were gunning for Ryder. Then the dangerous tackle that wasn't.

Does anyone know what happened with the 50m off the ball? I don't know if they showed it.

View attachment 1369318

Ryder moves backwards after the bump. Good defense says that he was pulling up to lessen the impact. How much does Ryder weigh, there's no way Day had the momentum to push paddy backwards, he could have gone straight through him with bout 100kg

7 frees against Ryder, I'd say 6 were soft. The umps already punished him.

How's the one on the wing, the throw-in goes over the rucks, Paddy is the only who turns to get to the ball but the Hawks ruck holds him back... free kick Hawthorn hahaha. They absolutely were gunning for Ryder. Then the dangerous tackle that wasn't.

Does anyone know what happened with the 50m off the ball? I don't know if they showed it.
The umpiring around the ruck area is pretty ordinary. Cant understand why the umps just dont let it go a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2022: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back