Review Round 4 = Brisbane Lions 116-83 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane forwards in media all week, they were always going to fire. Our defenders being caught out back is 100% something to work on

That is the worst we played under Fly by a Country Mile.

Outside of 1st Qtr never looked like Winning - Got Bullied around the Ball by Lions.

Our Backline was not even there as they took so many Marks with no one 50 meters close to them

Delivery to Forwards where Horrendus with just Long Balls in Hope and They also did not Kick Straight

They Need a Good Kick up the Ass.

Only Good Players we had was Nick Daicos and Bobby Hill
Mihochek?

Mixture of an off night and worries about our ruck and KPPs.

We move on but McStay in the ruck isn’t the solution on tonight’s performance.

Reef probably out for Ginnivan.
Reef out for Ruscoe. Frampton into the ruck.

This whole scoring shots arguments stuff is illogical and nonsense.

Sure we need to kick better at goal. But to suggest if we had, we would have won, it’s all delusional sliding door stuff.

Kick anyone of those points as goals and the remainder of the game is completely different. Could have won. Could have lost by more.
Kicking goals generally increases the pressure on the opposition while missing them deflates the losing team. There were a lot of poor misses.

Kind of crazy that we are saying Nick was sh*t and his stats were:
38 disposals, 16 contested @ 76% DE
2 goals 2 behinds
4 inside 50s
5 clearances
12 score involvements
633 metres gained

edit: let me rephrase... we are saying it's a down game from him (sh*t may have been a bit harsh)

What the hell is going on with Jamie :/

Without having a look at his career stats I wouldn't say he's as good of a set shot kicker as what the commentators continually suggest.

Yes he kicked a ripper set shot goal against Essendon but I wouldn't be putting my house on him to kick a goal for us from set shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Frampton played well especially in the first half.
Did you? So did 6 others who gave you a like. You may have more supporters. I thought Frampton was all at sea much of the time in defence. He looked like he was too intent on playing a role in a structure at the expense of being an effective defender. He wasn't alone nor helped by defenders who were meant to be keeping an eye on Cameron.

Kind of crazy that we are saying Nick was sh*t and his stats were:
38 disposals, 16 contested @ 76% DE
2 goals 2 behinds
4 inside 50s
5 clearances
12 score involvements
633 metres gained

edit: let me rephrase... we are saying it's a down game from him (sh*t may have been a bit harsh)
Who said Nick was shit?

Ah well Chin up we get a 10 day break.

Ash fought well and showed he has a great fighting spirit despite his opponent.

Bobby Hill and Naics true shining lights.

Unexpectedly quieter games from Jaicos, DeGoey, Adams, Crisp and Mitchell not ideal and timing terrible.

But - as pointed out - we win nearly all the stats. Kick straight and we win.

I feel like we’ll do better in gather round even vs a red hot saints outfit.

I think we now have to play Frampton in the ruck until Cox is back.

It’s not like Frampton is a superstar defender that we can’t live without. Moore, Murphy and Maynard can take the three key posts, with Crisp moving back too.

Doing so will allow McStay and AJ to play mostly forward, which restores our structure.

Reef will never make it as a forward (he lacks the unteachable instincts) and doesn’t have the tank to play midfield at AFL level. I think he is in no-man’s land and needs to spend an extended period in the VFL playing purely as a mid to build his running endurance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 4 = Brisbane Lions 116-83 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back