Autopsy Round 4: Hawks survive a massive scare vs Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I am away in the countryside so missed the game but just got this text from my hawk supporting brother

Lucky win by hawthorn. You should cut a highlights reel of O'Brien's jumping-but-not-marking set to Beethoven's 9th symphony choral movement

Our structures are dominating teams, but they ain’t looking too flash in the last ten minutes. Brains trust needs to kick in

The same thing happened last week, the western bulldogs match last year comes to mind as well...
My view its comes down to #1 leadership #2 top heavy we don't run games out .

what happened to our leaders ? we once again went to mr fix it 37yo silk for those last center bounces.

- Lack of runners i think we will be a far more dangerous team with 1 ruck and a extra runner, especially while tom mitchell takes time to get the miles into his legs, spread from the contest , run 4quarters out.
- McEvoy did a great job on Ben Brown although BigBoy had 0 touches into the 3rd qtr, The last qtr he gave away a poor free kick, got out marked by Zuurhar. We lacked a presence in the middle, BigBoy is a great ruckmen, Ceglar is a solid citizen

Same umpiring group that turned us over against the Dogs last year.

Hope Clarko says something. Can't happen again.
Righto, but it should never have ever in a million years have been as close as it was at 3/4 time. Completely dominated them in the third for bugger all return. Forward of centre just isn't working at the moment, the entries are generally poor and its rare to see the forwards actually playing in front of their opponent. I know that sounds simplistic,but if the majority of entries are going to be hacks under pressure the being in front super important.

I am away in the countryside so missed the game but just got this text from my hawk supporting brother

Lucky win by hawthorn. You should cut a highlights reel of O'Brien's jumping-but-not-marking set to Beethoven's 9th symphony choral movement
I reckon Pitto stole his mitts on the way out

I am 33. I shouldn't have heart problems...

Looked the goods for some time. Very lucky to scrape out the win. My god the umps made it difficult. The inconsistencies...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible final 5 mins. Ceglar was destroyed by Goldstein which almost cost us the game, and the umpiring was deplorable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Positive - dominated play for 3 and a bit quarters .

Negative - should have been 8-9 goals up 5 minutes into the last and game over , stopped to a walk again in the 4th .

Simple - its about banking wins , 4 pts and we go 3-1 . Take that everyday of the week

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4: Hawks survive a massive scare vs Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back