Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Setting this up in advance. Just talk about who were good, who were shit yadda yadda yadda. Keep in here to avoid clutter.

We won. Now for the criticism from 50% on here. Now for Melbourne supporters whingeing about the umpires and not the fact their team can't kick, handball or tackle

We won. Now for the criticism from 50% on here. Now for Melbourne supporters whingeing about the umpires and not the fact their team can't kick, handball or tackle

Mate, we fell into the win. I don't don't how you can call this a good win. Still a lot of negatives far outweigh the positives for mine.
Gia two gimme goals, like most weeks so he keeps his spot. He has to give away free kicks, 'cause he's too slow for the current game. If he was a good clubman like some people say, then hang up your boots and let the kids come through.

I must eat some humble pie regarding Djerrkura.

Was great today and a key reason we won.

I won't be having a slice for Gia, however.

Mate, we fell into the win. I don't don't how you can call this a good win. Still a lot of negatives far outweigh the positives for mine.
Gia two gimme goals, like most weeks so he keeps his spot. He has to give away free kicks, 'cause he's too slow for the current game. If he was a good clubman like some people say, then hang up your boots and let the kids come through.

Stop being a bloody pessimist!

We are in a rebuilding year which is going to take at least a couple of years. Enjoy watching the kids play as that is where our next premiership is going to come from.

Having said that, I thought Gia was very poor...keeps playing for frees. I think his spot is seriously under threat.

Mitch Wallis possible break-out game? He was very good.

Thought all our ins this week held their own, Gia and Cross though, patience is running out.

Happy to have a win feel pretty flat though as it wasn't pretty at all. At least they weathered the storm when Melbourne came at them a few times was good to see, but a big part of that was also Melbourne butchering the ball, god they are going to have an even longer year than us. Still we had out 4 best back talls out not many teams will win with those players missing.

Really loved the game of Dahl, how good is he an absolute superstar. Also thumbs up to Murph showed poise all game, Cooney looked dangerous again, and i like that djukerra is getting reward for effort we need his run.

I am not going to bag them because they have been club stalwarts but i think Gia and Cross will struggle after this year, their lack of pace is getting exposed. Cross' disposal was lucky not to hurt us today.

Anyway at least we got a win at last, hopefully can continue it on next week v GWS

My own few pointers

• Dahlhaus, great effort all round, high efficiency
  • Good to see Cooney being dangerous again
  • If it weren't for Murphy, our backline would have been ruined in the first half did a great job, Lynden Dunn is a tosser with no upside
  • Howe - can jump
  • Roughy, beaten heavily early by Clark and our backline looked Extremely unstable. Pulled down socks to me always seems a better look and your suddenly a better player, looked the Lachie Henderson transition to me, got better as game went on. Cordy goes alright.
  • Rebounds from Shaggy were back today
  • Sherman did the job we needed
  • Addison was crazy down back tho didn't look good early
  • When Watts was mouthing off Murphy, pure idiocy
  • Melbourne made Cross look standard speed, tho courage is never questioned
  • Grant got his goals, chased, but was very soft on numerous occasions
  • Wood redeemed a bit this week in depleted backline
  • Higgins even as a sub looked slow to the ball and maybe even i'm starting to lose interest, Gia soft and slow today, 2 cheap goals, not tested greatly today
  • Jones looked better today, and tho Wallis still needs to work on making the better disposal decision, worked his arse off today
  • Griff, not a lot today but went when was asked and delivered reliably
  • Austin, alright for first game, dropped a few here and there but excused
Just happy to get a win on the board, makes the week ahead more positive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Wallis possible break-out game? He was very good.

Thought all our ins this week held their own, Gia and Cross though, patience is running out.

Minson, Hargrave, Murphy all excellent. Going to be tough to select the team next week when Lake, Marko, Libba, Clay all come back.

Minson, Hargrave, Murphy all excellent. Going to be tough to select the team next week when Lake, Marko, Libba, Clay all come back.

If Marko has a hamstring may be out for a couple?

Result was disappointing for the commentators - gave it their best shot though

Dahlhaus what can you say about this kid. 2nd year rookie listed player and he has become our spark.

DJ's efforts can't be faulted played well all game, has cemented his spot in the team.

We looked a better with Sherman out there, thought he played ok same with Vez. Both deserve to keep their spots.

Like Rougy's game tonight, got pants on the lead twice by Clark however did well down back and showed more up forward in the last quarter then Cordy.

Griff had a hard tag and watching the feed the guy was hanging on him all game, he probably deserved a few free kicks.

Jones played well just needs more composure when kicking for goal.

Our defence considering how under manned it was did a good job. Melbourne's forwards are pretty good, problem is their shit midfield can't deliver it to them consistently.

Any thoughts on Vezspremi's game?

I think he deserves to keep his spot. Not sure the backline is his best spot however his disposal by foot was good tonight. If he's playing back he needs to stay closer to his man though.

Grant - one of his better games.

Murphy - our best I thought. Back line looked shambolic at times and he was a cool head holding it together.

Wallis - his best game so far, very good.

Cross - typical game from him, gutsy an all heart but his disposal is horrid.

Boyd - haven't checked the stats but felt like he had no impact.

Higgins - hard to rate his game but when he was on he at least put in and was having a crack. Is it too much to hope that starting as a sub is the kick up the arse he needs?

Vezpremi - average I thought but I'd keep him in.

Wood - very ordinary and has been all year.

Sherman - aside from the goal did virtually nothing.

Gia - poor guy is really really struggling. Big concern.

Griffen - need more from him.

Cooney - 2nd best behind Murphy.

Jones - aside from the last quarter shot he was ok, he's got a massive job at the moment for a kid and he's doing ok.

Addison - had some shockin disposal but was one of the better ones in the back half.

Roughead - very good, competed well and great goal

Hargrave - on thin ice, looked terrible

Minson - ordinary but had to ruck virtually the whole game so will cut him a bit of slack

Djekerra - was good, I've come around on him a bit, has played well so far this year

Dahlhaus - just love him to pieces, he is a gem

Picken - got to love his endeavor tonight.

Austin - hard to mark him on this game but did alright I thought.

Cordy - worked his way into it, not a great game but certainly some better signs.

In summary: we're crap, they were crapper, thank **** we won and we've got a hell of a lot of work ahead of us in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back