Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Important Game statistics wise!

This is an extract from Roar in 2021.

"If a team is undefeated after five rounds, the 1970-2020 data suggests around a 50 per cent chance of making the grand final and 25 per cent of winning the premiership"

I'm realistic enough not to expect miracles, but on a more levelheaded note, there has only been a handful of teams that have missed playing finals after a 4-0 start.

This game will be a great test for us. I'm not super confident but really looking forward to how we match up against one of the better teams in the competition.

Or send Owens there to make him really earn his paycheck as a defender. Kick 6 on daicos who cares how many touches he gets
you can't just send someone to a half backer and expect them to still kick goals, it would be a tag, if not they'd just rotate off you. Windy could do it, but not owens imo

Sinclair , Hill , Byrnes , Wilkie , Owens , Higgins , Butler , NWM , Wood , Ross , Clark have all improved from last year , and some by a fair amount. (Apologies to those I’ve forgotten). We have a proven coach now , “a game plan” , have started the season 4 - 0 , and are top of the ladder , yet Sportsbet have Collingwood at 1.40 and us at 2.96 at a neutral ground … OMG.
Once Brisbane started played aggressively, Collingwood couldn’t take it. They are very beatable when played with the right mindset.
No sugar hit required !

With any luck Crisp might cop a suspension which might help to even up the midfield battle as he's become an important midfielder for them.
Only 15 touches this week, he looked like the media spotlight has affected him. Might be even better for us if he stays in.

Sinclair , Hill , Byrnes , Wilkie , Owens , Higgins , Butler , NWM , Wood , Ross , Clark have all improved from last year , and some by a fair amount. (Apologies to those I’ve forgotten). We have a proven coach now , “a game plan” , have started the season 4 - 0 , and are top of the ladder , yet Sportsbet have Collingwood at 1.40 and us at 2.96 at a neutral ground … OMG.
Once Brisbane started played aggressively, Collingwood couldn’t take it. They are very beatable when played with the right mindset.
No sugar hit required !

Collingwood are the hype team playing a super attractive style. Everyone wants it to be the new direction in footy so are going all in on it. We are a bunch of crippled rejects with blood noses. If we get over them we’ll start to steal some hearts. Everyone loves a battler winning against the odds.

We're gonna expose these fancy dans like Jack Crisp on social media next Sunday.

DeGoey will leave the ground with profound regret, also like Jack Crisp on social media.

Owens and Higgins will crash the Collingwood defence leaving Captain Darcy with his John Thomas in his hands, once again like Jack Crisp on social media.
Darcy Moore to fall in love with Sinclair all over again.

Not that we have many available players in the VFL, but I think the emergencies give away who will be sub/an inclusion this week...

Emergencies:

W1 Freo :Windhager, Campbell, Sharman, Paton

W2 WB: Windhager, Highmore, Peris, Campbell

W3 Ess: Paton, Bytel, Sharman, Campbell

W4 GC: Bytel, Highmore, Campbell, Peris

Not that we have many available players in the VFL, but I think the emergencies give away who will be sub/an inclusion this week...

Emergencies:

W1 Freo :Windhager, Campbell, Sharman, Paton

W2 WB: Windhager, Highmore, Peris, Campbell

W3 Ess: Paton, Bytel, Sharman, Campbell

W4 GC: Bytel, Highmore, Campbell, Peris
Reckon Sharman would have to be a huge chance. Largely because he’s been playing wing, but can also obviously play either forward or back, so there’s significant versatility there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the pies board.

Saint beaten

Freo going really bad at home (Marvel)

Bulldogs when going really bad at Saints home ground (Marvel)

Essendon like dogs rubbish and Saint struggled late then even eventually kick a few late ( lucky some )

GC on their home ground again ! (Marvel)”

Gee they’re an educated lot. With that logic I can’t see how we get within 12 goals of them
You can always bend that type of narrative to suit your own argument.

You could equally say similar about the Pies season so far -

Beat Geelong when they were going bad (MCG)
Beat Port who are up and down (MCG)
Beat Richmond who are only just traveling (MCG)
Got flogged by Brisbane in their first real test away from the G.

Means nothing really. If your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle.

Yep. They actually seem to generally be very level-headed over there. Most seeing this as a big test.

Did you just assume you aunty was a female????

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely that would be a negative for us - 60k Collingwood ferals screaming at our young guys might be a bit much. Better chance in Adelaide imo.

We'd have a decent amount of money come through the door though. Would be something like $3 million gross from that crowd. Even if you only get a third it would be more than we are used to.

This is shaping up to be a really intriguing game. Absolutely no stress our end, we are expected to lose and I think the Pies should win reasonably comfortably. However, that being said I am also not 100% sold on the idea the Pies are the juggernaught everybody seems to think.

They play a really attractive style of footy that has contributed to most fans and the media overrating them a tad for mine. Pulled a ridiculous amount of games out of their bum last year. The reality is they had the 10th best percentage in the league. They were hardly bloody dominant.

Whilst they do look like a better outfit this year, they are still a fair way off a fit and firing Melbourne IMO. We shall see I guess, but we are a sneaky chance.

Expect we will take all of Highmore, Campbell and Peris over to SA due to Sunday game.
Peris best option for sub imo.

We have proven to be able to cope with a tall off (Cordy/Marshall). If we lose a KPD Cordy goes back. Not sure Highmore offers much other than intercepting through backline which Wilkie, Sinclair, Wood and Battle have under control.
Peris brings speed and harassment which in the 3rd qtr can be very handy, similar to Paton's gut running when he came on few rounds back.

I wish we had one more top level player like Steele, because IMO , while Phillipou comes in and makes an impact each week, he fades later in the games. I think his impact as a sub late in the game would be enormous.

As it is we have to start him anyway, and i'd be hoping we don't need to activate the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back