Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the pies board.

Saint beaten

Freo going really bad at home (Marvel)

Bulldogs when going really bad at Saints home ground (Marvel)

Essendon like dogs rubbish and Saint struggled late then even eventually kick a few late ( lucky some )

GC on their home ground again ! (Marvel)”

Gee they’re an educated lot. With that logic I can’t see how we get within 12 goals of them
There was a post soon after that which was much more balanced - as in they hadn’t beaten much either.

From the pies board.

Saint beaten

Essendon like dogs rubbish and Saint struggled late then even eventually kick a few late ( lucky some )

Gee they’re an educated lot. With that logic I can’t see how we get within 12 goals of them

Pies have been Geelong (18th* - 0 wins), Richmond (12th - 1½ wins), Port (10th - 2 wins) and lost to Brisbane (8th - 2 wins).

Played their first 3 games at the MCG, lost as soon as they stepped out.

FWIW, they're the second seeded team in my opinion. Just being dumb like that Pies fan.

Or how about this...

W/D/L of teams Saints played vs Pies played

Saints - 7/0/9
Pies - 5/1/9* (Cats play Monday)

One thing for sure if its wet, contested possessions will be critical. It will be a big ask for our midfield but they will simply have to even the contests. Marshall will be critical as he is good in the wet and winning clearances out of the centre.

Our tall defenders might struggle to intercept but so will theirs, so it will come down to who can create goals from the opportunities. Players like Gresham, Clark, Crouch, Sinclair, Stocker, Paton, Owens, Higgins and Windhager are built for wet games so hopefully we can get it done. I agree with others in suggesting we send Windhager to Daicos and ask the entire forward line to work him over every chance they get. At times he was starting to get rattled against Brisbane, so we need to maintain the pressure.

The down side is if we had an outside run advantage it will be reduced due to the conditions. They will still attempt to play the way they have been flicking the ball through the hands, so our pressure will need to be huge and will need to stick our tackles. If Im honest I think the wet weather will favour them more than us - but Go Saints!

Agreed re tagging Daicos. Can’t get beaten by what you know. If that 35 disposals turns into low 20s it’s a win. He’s gonna get the footy no matter what. Let’s just limit that as much as we can
Hammer to run straight through him when Daicos runs back with the flight in the 1st 5 mins.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was a post soon after that which was much more balanced - as in they hadn’t beaten much either.
The Pies are going to find it a lot harder against us even with a makeshift forward line and without our best mid.
All the accolades have been for Owens how he is a superstar in the making and under the radar Windhager been plugging away - I'll tell you this watch him against the Pies.
Diacos is a star for sure but he has not been tagged yet - body on body with Windhager he will find out the game is not as easy as he thinks.
The Pies forward line is nothing special as well as there back line - it will all come down to the midfield / if we can win in the middle watch out Pies.
There veterans will need to be at there best - like Pendlebery and Sidebottom to be ant chance.

Gee we are light on for a decent sub this week. Better pray we don’t receive anymore injuries on the track. I guess Peris comes in as sub, I don’t think we’ll go a tall player, must be a runner. I also wonder if they’ll consider shaving a few weeks off the training block of Jones or Billings? One of those blokes underdone but as sub could work?
Big Max Heath for when we rest Marshall in the last when we're 59 points (9.8 goals) up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee we are light on for a decent sub this week. Better pray we don’t receive anymore injuries on the track. I guess Peris comes in as sub, I don’t think we’ll go a tall player, must be a runner. I also wonder if they’ll consider shaving a few weeks off the training block of Jones or Billings? One of those blokes underdone but as sub could work?
I would play Highmore or Sharman , at least you know the fit - Jones on last season needs to earn his spot and Billings well , has he got a position now with Byrnes showing move defensive pressure than he has every shown and having Higgins , Butler and Gresham as small forwards - he would need to bring his best.

From the pies board.

Saint beaten

That isn’t even the half of it either…. Interesting read over there lol

From the pies board.

Saint beaten

I don’t reckon they’re that good. A lot of media hype.

I don’t reckon they’re that good. A lot of media hype.
Unfortunately I think they are very good; have been playing a system for more than 12 months & were a goal away from Geelong in the preliminary.

Realistically they have more big game experience & a couple of years ahead of us in development.

They are in trouble with their rucks - we are definitely a chance but will need to bring our A game. They would be worried though & putting in a lot of work re our game plan.

Unfortunately I think they are very good; have been playing a system for more than 12 months & were a goal away from Geelong in the preliminary.

Realistically they have more big game experience & a couple of years ahead of us in development.

They are in trouble with their rucks - we are definitely a chance but will need to bring our A game. They would be worried though & putting in a lot of work re our game plan.

They're impressive based on how much they look like they imploded a couple years ago giving up treloar and Stephenson for not much. And then losing Grundy last year.

Only to be better off for it.

Really good challenge coming up.

Have there been any updates on that

Not that I'm aware of, I guess we will find out more during the week about whether he will cop a suspension.

Maybe Saints supporters should ring talkback radio to act outraged about it to put more pressure on Collingwood to suspend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back