Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood are all out attack so we just need to do what Brisbane did and punish the turnover.

Can't expect to have all of the answers all of the time just about working hard and keeping the pressure on and hopefully not letting them open up a gap on the scoreboard.

We punish the turnover pretty well.
Our biggest issue is where the goals come from really, since our forward line is such a patchwork.
If someone is getting shut down, then someone has to lift.

It's like a complete contrast of styles. Pies with their beautiful flowing ball-movement and attacking prowess against our disciplined team-defence game.
Who do you think will invoke the "irresistible force against an immovable object" chestnut first when referring to this game? My bet is on Wheatley

We're gonna expose these fancy dans like Jack Crisp on social media next Sunday.

DeGoey will leave the ground with profound regret, also like Jack Crisp on social media.

Owens and Higgins will crash the Collingwood defence leaving Captain Darcy with his John Thomas in his hands, once again like Jack Crisp on social media.

We punish the turnover pretty well.
Our biggest issue is where the goals come from really, since our forward line is such a patchwork.
If someone is getting shut down, then someone has to lift.

Since Higgins turned his season around we have been pretty good at scoring even. At half time we were on track for a 20 goal game and still finished with 17 for the match. Only two of our matches last year that had more goals, both early in the year before we dropped off.

We only had one avenue to goal last year. Kick it to King and hope someone gets some scraps. A patchwork is probably an advantage to be honest.

I get it but...
Nah stuff it- we're trying to win a flag, I want them as strong as possible.

We need to keep building that belief that we can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere.

We've lost so many ourselves that an even-up would be handy. I think it would still be massive to take them out no matter how strong they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current odds $3.05 to $1.38. Absolutely bewildering. Do they think it’s 2022 still?

Looks like a 50/50 game at worst to me. No reason to not be very confident, especially with their ruck situation. Mitch Owens in the wet will make them wish they weren’t born.

I almost agree. Both teams playing a similar game, think it will come down to which defence holds together best. We should have the edge in the ruck, Pies have the edge in the mids. If it is wet and a slog (as looks likely) then game plans probably out the window and who knows.

Definitely winnable but I would have Pies slight faves.

I almost agree. Both teams playing a similar game, think it will come down to which defence holds together best. We should have the edge in the ruck, Pies have the edge in the mids. If it is wet and a slog (as looks likely) then game plans probably out the window and who knows.

Definitely winnable but I would have Pies slight faves.

The Pies have so many avenues to goal with their smaller forward line. They split sides open with their multiple scoring options. We need to defend right up the ground. If it goes inside 50 too often they'll break us open.

Or Ross? As good as I think Windy will be he is still a 15 gamer. Ross has played shut down roles before and probably has more tricks in that role.

Tagging is quite sacrificial and we need Ross to play as an inside mid. I'd run Windhager on him. He doesn't need to get much of it himself but just limit what Daicos can do.

really really tough ask. theyve been fantastic all season, but i cant see us winning this
I'm most interested to see how we function against Collingwood. They're a very fast moving team, it'll be good to see if we can match them or get totally blown away.
I feel like it'll be a close contest if we stick with them.

4 quarters of effort will be a tick from me.

Or Ross? As good as I think Windy will be he is still a 15 gamer. Ross has played shut down roles before and probably has more tricks in that role.
Daicos spends a lot of time at half back and with Steele out, I wouldn't want to sacrifice experience in the middle against Collingwood's experienced mids.

Windy did a similar role on Docherty last year and could also follow Daicos into the middle if Collingwood want to get him around the ball.

Daicos spends a lot of time at half back and with Steele out, I wouldn't want to sacrifice experience in the middle against Collingwood's experienced mids.

Windy did a similar role on Docherty last year and could also follow Daicos into the middle if Collingwood want to get him around the ball.

I wouldn't be against Ross playing against Mitchell at stoppages. He's getting a lot of their clearance work going this year. We probably want to hold them from getting first use. Once they get it on the outside they move it fast and efficiently.

Collingwood are all out attack so we just need to do what Brisbane did and punish the turnover.

Can't expect to have all of the answers all of the time just about working hard and keeping the pressure on and hopefully not letting them open up a gap on the scoreboard.

Agree they run forward of the ball way too much, at some stage teams will work it out and bring them to grinding halt - hopefully that is us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back