Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter Clark could tag Nick Daicos. Clark can also follow him into the midfield , and he could easily outmark Daicos when we attack. Teammates could help by slowing Daicos , when he manages to break away.

Is it worth bringing it up if it was years ago. s**t way for him to blow his consecutive games streak.

No different to Jake Carlisle or Bailey Smith. If you're dumb enough to snap chat drug use you deserve a couple of weeks off. Moron tax. Especially against the Mightys.

Hunter Clark could tag Nick Daicos. Clark can also follow him into the midfield , and he could easily outmark Daicos when we attack. Teammates could help by slowing Daicos , when he manages to break away.
I don’t think Hunter is quick enough to run with Daicos . Maybe Byrnes could be an option , or even Stocker .

Is it worth bringing it up if it was years ago. s**t way for him to blow his consecutive games streak.
Nar the AFL has a drug policy, it’s part of the players licence to be an AFL player. Just cos it happened a few years back doesn’t mean he didn’t breach his contract and the AFL drug policy. There’s no statute of limitations. You don’t get off murder just cos it happened a few years back. Suspend the campaigner.

I’m in the don’t tag Daicos camp.
Hard to tag blokes who get a lot of handball receives.

He’s the most attacking defender in the comp, but I’m yet to see him defend and defend well 1 on 1.

Plonk Hurricane Higgins on him and force him to make a decision to either attack or defend. If he has 35 disposals good on him. But if Higgins kicks 6 we win that matchup everyday.

Back our other forwards and mids to pressure around the footy and kill Collingwood and Daicos on transition (we’re currently number 1 on transition)

If we try and play defensively on Daicos then I reckon we’ve already lost.

Clark is way too slow, he's found his role as a bottom of the pack abstract expressionist.

Some interesting footage on On The Couch of Daicos getting scored on after chasing the ball, while Zorko peeled off forward.

If Windy is going to go the tag, I think we should back him in to pick when he wants to back our midfielders and peel off for a mark inside 50.

He has shown he can kick goals if he kicked 2 or 3 next week it would go a long way to offsetting Nick.

There's going to be some special young players on both sides this weekend. I hope it's a ripper game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are playing both the Pies and Blues after they have a significantly longer break than us.

Pies break from ( Easter) Thursday to the following Sunday and Blues also ( gather round opener) Thursday to Sunday after we play the late game Sunday against the Pies next week.

That’s pretty tough two weeks in a row.

So we are playing both the Pies and Blues after they have a significantly longer break than us.

Pies break from ( Easter) Thursday to the following Sunday and Blues also ( gather round opener) Thursday to Sunday after we play the late game Sunday against the Pies next week.

Don't think it means that much anymore, training loads will be adjusted to suit

Don't think it means that much anymore, training loads will be adjusted to suit
Ok. Well if you׳re not worried 🤣
Just thinking of the recovery of the youngsters.

Who gives a ****.

Our mantra under Rossy is anywhere anytime. Just flipping bury both of them

We've got an 8 day break for the Pies match and a 7 day break for the Blues. Doesn't seem like much of an issue. The 5 day break after that for Port is the tricky one.

We've got an 8 day break for the Pies match and a 7 day break for the Blues. Doesn't seem like much of an issue. The 5 day break after that for Port is the tricky one.
Didn’t look that far ahead lol.

Apologies for the intrusion Sainters, wasn't really sure where to put this post so I chose this thread.

Just wanted to say I love the way your boys are going right now, and I truly hope this is the year. RTB has got them playing inspired footy.

If it can't be us going back-to-back, a St Kilda premiership would be awesome to see.

I've got some mates who are Saints fans and I'll be baracking hard with them. I genuinely hope this is finally it.

Best of luck for the year, KG

P.S: Phillipou is a superstar in the making.

Apologies if oppo input isn’t welcome.
Not after arguments. Just stating a different opinion.

Reading through this thread….
Tagging Nick won’t work.
Nor will “beat him up”.
Nor will “we’ll play x in the fwd line and bang!”.

Positional matchups are largely nothing to the pies.
We just don’t care about your forwards.
The style we magically play is the same we’ve played for the past year…:it’s only now that the media has focussed on it.

The same media that wrote us off pre season!

We take a massive risk at the contest. If we win, you won’t stop it unless your defence (+1or 2) are camping.
If we lose, you get a shot (assuming your fwds are camping like Brisbane ).

So you eithe Do what Brisbane did and 100% roll the dice you win the contest…..or you flood back to protect your defence.

That’s how the game will roll.

Matchups etc are just nothing we care about.
So go ahead and tag Nick,
It won’t make any difference to how he plays…..unless you plan on legit playing one person down the entire game.

As a football follower, I don’t know what you do to negate his influence…::I’m curious to see what teams do.

Big game and one that will tell a lot about both teams status:

Again, apologies if this isn’t welcome in this thread.

Apologies if oppo input isn’t welcome.
Not after arguments. Just stating a different opinion.

Reading through this thread….
Tagging Nick won’t work.
Nor will “beat him up”.
Nor will “we’ll play x in the fwd line and bang!”.

Positional matchups are largely nothing to the pies.
We just don’t care about your forwards.
The style we magically play is the same we’ve played for the past year…:it’s only now that the media has focussed on it.

The same media that wrote us off pre season!

We take a massive risk at the contest. If we win, you won’t stop it unless your defence (+1or 2) are camping.
If we lose, you get a shot (assuming your fwds are camping like Brisbane ).

So you eithe Do what Brisbane did and 100% roll the dice you win the contest…..or you flood back to protect your defence.

That’s how the game will roll.

Matchups etc are just nothing we care about.
So go ahead and tag Nick,
It won’t make any difference to how he plays…..unless you plan on legit playing one person down the entire game.

As a football follower, I don’t know what you do to negate his influence…::I’m curious to see what teams do.

Big game and one that will tell a lot about both teams status:

Again, apologies if this isn’t welcome in this thread.
Thank you, will pass it on to Ross and the boys

Jim Carrey Ok GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back