Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if oppo input isn’t welcome.
Not after arguments. Just stating a different opinion.

Reading through this thread….
Tagging Nick won’t work.
Nor will “beat him up”.
Nor will “we’ll play x in the fwd line and bang!”.

Positional matchups are largely nothing to the pies.
We just don’t care about your forwards.
The style we magically play is the same we’ve played for the past year…:it’s only now that the media has focussed on it.

The same media that wrote us off pre season!

We take a massive risk at the contest. If we win, you won’t stop it unless your defence (+1or 2) are camping.
If we lose, you get a shot (assuming your fwds are camping like Brisbane ).

So you eithe Do what Brisbane did and 100% roll the dice you win the contest…..or you flood back to protect your defence.

That’s how the game will roll.

Matchups etc are just nothing we care about.
So go ahead and tag Nick,
It won’t make any difference to how he plays…..unless you plan on legit playing one person down the entire game.

As a football follower, I don’t know what you do to negate his influence…::I’m curious to see what teams do.

Big game and one that will tell a lot about both teams status:

Again, apologies if this isn’t welcome in this thread.
Why do Collingwood supporters think every other club needs to hear about their own circle jerk?

Tagging Nick won’t work.
Nor will “beat him up”.

The style we magically play is the same we’ve played for the past year…:it’s only now that the media has focussed on it.

We take a massive risk at the contest. If we win, you won’t stop it unless your defence (+1or 2) are camping.

So you eithe Do what Brisbane did and 100% roll the dice you win the contest…..or you flood back to protect your defence.

It won’t make any difference to how he plays…..unless you plan on legit playing one person down the entire game.

As a football follower, I don’t know what you do to negate his influence…::I’m curious to see what teams do.

Not at all…always happy to have a visitor come on our board and tell us how we need to play.

But the thing is, it’s you who are going to have to worry about who to tag in our team. I’ll leave that up to you to decide.

I am happy for you that you think that us worrying about your receivers is what this game will be about.

Why do Collingwood supporters think every other club needs to hear about their own circle jerk?

Not at all…always happy to have a visitor come on our board and tell us how we need to play.

But the thing is, it’s you who are going to have to worry about who to tag in our team. I’ll leave that up to you to decide.

I apologise.
I didn’t realise that actual analysis of how a team plays meant someone is just jerking the chain.

Apologies. I’ll leave this thread to saints (and cats…wtf) supporters just banging on with 2015 tactics about how they will win….

If you win (which you are a big chance), it won’t be from the tactics thrown out to date!!!!

But you all go on and discuss how a 2015 style wins….

Again, apologies for the intrusion.

I apologise.
I didn’t realise that actual analysis of how a team plays meant someone is just jerking the chain.

Apologies. I’ll leave this thread to saints (and cats…wtf) supporters just banging on with 2015 tactics about how they will win….

If you win (which you are a big chance), it won’t be from the tactics thrown out to date!!!!

Its because your analysis was essentially this

GIF by TV4

Its because your analysis was essentially this

GIF by TV4
How so?

I don’t think many actually understand how we play.
In fact I’m sure 90% don’t.

It’s absolutely boom or bust.
We just don’t tag/care about oppo players.

I appreciate this is new to everyone….but it’s legit what we do,

So my question really is, what are saints going to do to stop it?!?
How are saints going to get their offence going and do what Brisbane did (which is smash us on turnover)?!

I liked it better when they didn’t have computer access in the cell block…

It’s school holidays… haven’t you got (someone else’s) kids to neglect?

How so?

How are saints going to get their offence going and do what Brisbane did (which is smash us on turnover)?!
Not being a coach at stkilda nor a player...I feel, that in my up most honest opinion, that in all my experience in the wonderful game, that we will beat you by our score being higher than yours....

That's it, that's all I have. I'll leave the rest with our players and coaches

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I apologise.

Please keep it up. Opposition analysis is actually quite welcome yet always met with friendly (sometimes unfriendly) banter.

How so?

Also, I'm pretty sure our coaches know how you play. It's hard to defend against, but it's been done.
We have the best team defence in the league. In sure they would be having a look over it....I think you just have to worry about Mitchito-san...

Now, arigato mr roboto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tagging Nick won’t work.
Nor will “beat him up”.

I feel that your mids (may include N.Daicos not sure if he spends time in the middle) sharking Marshall's taps is going to be a more important then any tag, Pendles is pendles and Sidebottom is always a classy user of the ball, add in J.Daicos, De Goey and Mitchell its a damn good unit.

I feel a tag would be better on one of them compared to N.Daicos (but I am no coach and going off mostly knowledge of Pies last year)

Also, I'm pretty sure our coaches know how you play. It's hard to defend against, but it's been done.
We have the best team defence in the league. In sure they would be having a look over it....I think you just have to worry about Mitchito-san...

Now, arigato mr roboto

From what I’ve seen… 1v1 is always a challenge for us.
So a player that is good / great at the 1v1 is troublesome!!

We do everything we can to avoid that, but our offence first style Doesn’t help with this!!

Who’s doing the interstate trip? My first one for a saints match. Will be extremely sad if we lose this and I’m on a flight back with drunk and smug pies fans
Not this time but heading to Sydney in June v Swans

How so?

How so?
Because saying Pies don't care about this, that and the other & this and that won't work isn't real analysis - its meat beating as there is no substance.

The rest of the above post is just some weird superiority complex of condescension manifested from following a football team. Its odd.

We will play Collingwood mostly the same we have played the other teams, constricting team defense, moving guys around as needed, and continue being aggressive on the counter and working both ways.

And no, I don't expect us to win, this team is performing well beyond expectations with a new coach and the injury list.

I feel that your mids (may include N.Daicos not sure if he spends time in the middle) sharking Marshall's taps is going to be a more important then any tag, Pendles is pendles and Sidebottom is always a classy user of the ball, add in J.Daicos, De Goey and Mitchell its a damn good unit.

I feel a tag would be better on one of them compared to N.Daicos (but I am no coach and going off mostly knowledge of Pies last year)
Yup. We just basically say “nick you have no opposition”…go wherever you want!!
That’s how we roll. Get it in his hands as much as we can.

It makes sense, he rarely wastes it.

Unfortunately everyone else from oppo teams want him to be an inside mid…,,unless he plays for them! At which point they’d understand what he brings in his current role!!

So forget about “the tag”…just stop him taking kick outs to start with (or at least running on)

Your mids have the skill to challenge us in the middle. Clearances and follow up contested possession is where the game will be won.

Really excited to see where this game goes!!!

How so?
Because saying Pies don't care about this, that and the other & this and that won't work isn't real analysis - its meat beating as there is no substance.

The rest of the above post is just some weird superiority complex of condescension manifested from following a football team. Its odd.

We will play Collingwood mostly the same we have played the other teams, constricting team defense, moving guys around as needed, and continue being aggressive on the counter and working both ways.

And no, I don't expect us to win, this team is performing well beyond expectations with a new coach and the injury list.
Yup ok. Fully understand this position.

But ill say this from a pies game plan perspective……

We just don’t care about how you set up forward it the ball.

Is that succinct enough for you?

Sure, we’ll have our defensive setup. But we won’t care about your forwards enough to send a player to them permanently.

That’s not me being arrogant.
That’s just me watching the pies over the past 1+ years and understanding we prefer to never have it get there…..

Don’t go at me; just stating what I see.

Yup ok. Fully understand this position.

But ill say this from a pies game plan perspective……

We just don’t care about how you set up forward it the ball.

Is that succinct enough for you?

Sure, we’ll have our defensive setup. But we won’t care about your forwards enough to send a player to them permanently.

That’s not me being arrogant.
That’s just me watching the pies over the past 1+ years and understanding we prefer to never have it get there…..

Don’t go at me; just stating what I see.
But that's it....we don't care how you set up behind the ball the other way...we trust our defensive setup amd fitness base will give us a slingshot on the turnover the other way. Which you have been shown to be very prone to.

We get that Collingwood don't care about other teams setups and that's fine. But the overlap setup and defensive running is not what Collingwood is known for...it is however, what we are now known for

Yup. We just basically say “nick you have no opposition”…go wherever you want!!
That’s how we roll. Get it in his hands as much as we can.

It makes sense, he rarely wastes it.

Unfortunately everyone else from oppo teams want him to be an inside mid…,,unless he plays for them! At which point they’d understand what he brings in his current role!!

So forget about “the tag”…just stop him taking kick outs to start with (or at least running on)

Your mids have the skill to challenge us in the middle. Clearances and follow up contested possession is where the game will be won.

Really excited to see where this game goes!!!
I feel Nick is really killer at using the Stand rule to his advantage and to get extra space, get extra time, set the plays up and kill on the counter

NWM would be the same for us, Key role in todays game IMO.

I reckon that from our POV getting Daicos to defend against Owens in 50 via fast break is viable but last time I saw your mob play live was round 1 last year and your side from then to now has changed, so am very much making tv viewing assumptions on Pies structures.

I feel Nick is really killer at using the Stand rule to his advantage and to get extra space, get extra time, set the plays up and kill on the counter

NWM would be the same for us, Key role in todays game IMO.

I reckon that from our POV getting Daicos to defend against Owens in 50 via fast break is viable but last time I saw your mob play live was round 1 last year and your side from then to now has changed, so am very much making tv viewing assumptions on Pies structures.
Absolutely he’s a killer in this space. Hence the “seagull” comments. He gives, gets it back and then usually hits the next target…..so from my perspective….:seagull away because 17 teams want this!!!!
But all other clubs are going to hate this.

Our weakness so far has been contested ball on our half back/wing.
Win this and it’s a walk in goal.

So contested ball and the next phase f on this is how you do us in!!
Which, from the what I’ve seen….is compley doable!
This isn’t a one way street!!
It’s just not “tag x” and it’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back