Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF.

The past 4 pages was like hanging out with my mate Ryan who only
talks about himself and what he and his friend ‘John Boy’ get up to at work.

You try and get into the conversation and he just stares at you, not listening, just waiting for you to take a breath so he can go on talking about himself and John Boy some more.

Pretty sure your footy liking posters disagree.
Seems that anyone with a semblance of balance would enjoy my options and ideas…..whether they agree with them or not!!!
Isn’t that would this forum is about?!?

You seem to be the one making a fool of themselves.

I’m on another teams board. I apologies and I’ll leave now.
Sorry for offending anyone.
I didn't have a problem with your contributions fwiw and I think maybe some of the stuff you wrote got lost in translation. Thanks for your opinion and wish you a good game.

It's desperate times but if Sharman plays we are essentially a man short, same Peris and Campbell.

So seeing as though there are no players available who can be selected on a like for like basis or on a strategic basis or to suit our running signature then the next selection criteria has to be which of the available players is capable of or has previously been AFL capable and can execute some desirable skills without ball in hand, ie can apply the defensive non negotiables of a Lyon game plan.

Has to be Highmore doesn't it.
Seems to have done okay for Sandy on the weekend too.

please. Enlighten me as to how the saints have been playing.
And more importantly, how that wil trabslate to a successful defence against the pies?

I dare say you actually don’t know how the pies play…..

I’m intrigued in your response!!
I already told you, but you fail to comprehend it completely.
As I said, I hope you have brought your running shoes...You will need them

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How so?

I don’t think many actually understand how we play.
In fact I’m sure 90% don’t.

It’s absolutely boom or bust.
We just don’t tag/care about oppo players.

I appreciate this is new to everyone….but it’s legit what we do,

So my question really is, what are saints going to do to stop it?!?
How are saints going to get their offence going and do what Brisbane did (which is smash us on turnover)?!

I think that is what Lyon likes to do, smash teams on turn over so we'll pressure you into mistakes and punish the turn over.

Ok…:where to start…
Firstly: the defensive game works when you have time to get back. Given we simply “go” from HB, do you think you can set up?

You can if you never expected to win it at HF …but is that how your entire game is?
If you want to attack, you will be exposed if we win it.

Again: circa 2015 was in reference to your posters suggesting xyz would dominate fwd and abc would tag daicos….not what you do now.
Reference to outdated methodology. Same as pies board.

My opinion: stick with a defensive first game is exactly what we want!!! It will spend the entire night in your fwd line unless you win clearances!!! B agrees I’ve at us and force mistakes when outnumbered and you’ll win.
Welcome to 2023.
What a condescending little pr1ck.

You think you are the font of all knowledge and educating everyone on a teams playing style. Nice boysplaining, your wank hand must be red raw.

Jog on filth child.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies if oppo input isn’t welcome.
Not after arguments. Just stating a different opinion.

Reading through this thread….
Tagging Nick won’t work.
Nor will “beat him up”.
Nor will “we’ll play x in the fwd line and bang!”.

Positional matchups are largely nothing to the pies.
We just don’t care about your forwards.
The style we magically play is the same we’ve played for the past year…:it’s only now that the media has focussed on it.

The same media that wrote us off pre season!

We take a massive risk at the contest. If we win, you won’t stop it unless your defence (+1or 2) are camping.
If we lose, you get a shot (assuming your fwds are camping like Brisbane ).

So you eithe Do what Brisbane did and 100% roll the dice you win the contest…..or you flood back to protect your defence.

That’s how the game will roll.

Matchups etc are just nothing we care about.
So go ahead and tag Nick,
It won’t make any difference to how he plays…..unless you plan on legit playing one person down the entire game.

As a football follower, I don’t know what you do to negate his influence…::I’m curious to see what teams do.

Big game and one that will tell a lot about both teams status:

Again, apologies if this isn’t welcome in this thread.
Not worried about Daicos, just another Tom Mitchell seagull who gets the easy ball, but can’t defend, Charlie Cameron says thanks.

It's not good for sure , but as I said before the AFL does not want the players being seen with drugs on social media full stop.
Just the wrong image they want.
Hopefully it makes the players more self aware of making sure they are not around the stuff , especially when some idiot has a phone and taking photos.
I can't believe how many of these fools get caught - Ginnivan the lastest , Smith last year , but there is a whole swag of them from Carlisle to injury prone high draft pick Sun / Docker

I'm sure all players have indulged in some type of illicit drugs - but don't get caught with it./ Brad Crouch and Stengle know.
if your stupid enough to put stupid photos or messages, out there. then you cop it.

How so?

I don’t think many actually understand how we play.
In fact I’m sure 90% don’t.

It’s absolutely boom or bust.
We just don’t tag/care about oppo players.

I appreciate this is new to everyone….but it’s legit what we do,

So my question really is, what are saints going to do to stop it?!?
How are saints going to get their offence going and do what Brisbane did (which is smash us on turnover)?!
Not sure you’ve actually watched any of our games this year particularly if you think our style is 2015.
Anyway I’m pretty sure we get your game plan/style. It’ll be whether what we are doing now stands up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok…:where to start…
Firstly: the defensive game works when you have time to get back. Given we simply “go” from HB, do you think you can set up?

You can if you never expected to win it at HF …but is that how your entire game is?
If you want to attack, you will be exposed if we win it.

Again: circa 2015 was in reference to your posters suggesting xyz would dominate fwd and abc would tag daicos….not what you do now.
Reference to outdated methodology. Same as pies board.

My opinion: stick with a defensive first game is exactly what we want!!! It will spend the entire night in your fwd line unless you win clearances!!! B agrees I’ve at us and force mistakes when outnumbered and you’ll win.
Welcome to 2023.

We don't flood, we grid the ground and if you look for a kick or pass to a team-mate they are covered which forces rushed disposal and mistakes. We direct the opposition to kick where we want them too. You get plenty of shots but they aren't easy ones and we'll whip the ball end to end for our own shot.

We don't flood, we grid the ground and if you look for a kick or pass to a team-mate they are covered which forces rushed disposal and mistakes. We direct the opposition to kick where we want them too. You get plenty of shots but they aren't easy ones and we'll whip the ball end to end for our own shot.
Last year McRae didn't have any top line defensive minded coaches to deal with. This year he has 2 legends in Ross and Clarko. It will be interesting to see how Collingwood go against a miserly defence.
Last year, the defence was slow and stagnant, this year it's all about rebound and attack....Will be fun to watch

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems to have done okay for Sandy on the weekend too.
Yeah I know there is no obvious place for Highmore in the backline however I wonder if the coaches can pick him because he is literally the only player left at Sandy with some AFL attributes however only use him as the sub in a break glass in emergency only situation meaning if forced to, move someone from the backline who is capable of playing a role up the ground and put Highmore in the backline.

Absolutely game of the round!!

I think saint supporters are undervaluing their team….from what I’ve seen it’s basically us last year!!

Ripper gamestyle that will keep you in most games.
My comments on this board are about how to beat us…,
Which to date, is about winning in on HB turnover and scoring. Which you can absolutely do!!!

If we start winning we’ll, will the Pies players start to ‘care about their opponents’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very polite for a Pies supporter- unusual but appreciated!

Yes there is a fair bit RTB needs to work through & Pies are a top 4 team I think.

On the other hand, there is a lot of chatter from the Pies supporters - we have got u thinking big time I reckon with our game plan- been quite a while since that’s happened !

Pies will be very shaky if they aren’t well ahead at half time.
Actually, I was being facetious with my comment - thought he was being a trifle condescending.

please. Enlighten me as to how the saints have been playing.
And more importantly, how that wil trabslate to a successful defence against the pies?

I dare say you actually don’t know how the pies play…..

I’m intrigued in your response!!
Are you putting your posts through a Ye Olde word filter or something?

Perchance to quarrel with a formidable foe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back