Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarrant just needs to generate a bit of cash, which he will do even he scores 60 or so in the next couple of games.

It's a no brainer (...cue Tarrant injury :confused:)

Surely it would be better to hold Lambert and Lamb with their 8-10 weeks on the sidelines than trade to a rookie in the bubble with a B/E of -142
That BE is the reason I'm ditching a slow mover like Clark.

Newnes > Kelly (goodbye Webster 2.0 and piss off!)

Salem > Tarrant

$432,500 in the kitty.

Next week Van Berlo > JPK

Mids will then be Fyfe, Pendles, Sloane, Selwood, Beams, JPK, Cripps, Vandenberg
Judd_Magic I am very disappointed with your lack of activity this year.

There have been a number of times no-one has understood but you would have. I demand you reignite your BF addictiveness.

Nice team. What are your plans with Anderson and TBC?

Anderson -> Krakouer is the only trade I'll do this week.

Holding TBC, i'll wait until Goldy plays a couple of bad games and do that trade.

Not sure why everyone is jumping on my call. I'm offering advice/my opinion based on a popular trade. I'm not forcing anyone to take it.

Anderson -> Krakouer is the only trade I'll do this week.

Holding TBC, i'll wait until Goldy plays a couple of bad games and do that trade.

Not sure why everyone is jumping on my call. I'm offering advice/my opinion based on a popular trade. I'm not forcing anyone to take it.
I recall you jumping on everyone's GAJ trades - but let's move on.

What is your reasoning behind being wary of Tarrant? That's two people saying that, but neither have really explained why. What role is he playing? Why isn't it SC friendly when he's toned up twice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are people jumping on whitecross this week? Reckon his JS is ok?

I might bring him in for goodes....

still has -13 breakeven

Anyway
NVB> Tarrant(Krak into midfield)
Goodes> Mcgovern
Yep but Clark can score his average for the next two weeks and go up $30-40K and by that stage Tarrant will have made more as long as he plays.

Like the McGovern trade. Kid is a gun. Beautiful to watch.

I recall you jumping on everyone's GAJ trades - but let's move on.

What is your reasoning behind being wary of Tarrant? That's two people saying that, but neither have really explained why. What role is he playing? Why isn't it SC friendly when he's toned up twice?

I wasn't jumping on GAJ trades. My suggestion was for people to trade him out after round 1, and everyone jumped on me.

Tarrant isn't the guy you want bringing the ball out of defense. He's a lumbering gorilla stopper. If we want a key position player to have the ball in his hands in the back half, it's going to be Thompson. Tarrant is basically there to wrestle with gorilla forwards, he's not quick or evasive, so having the ball in his hands can be a dangerous thing.

He very well may prove me wrong - But even then, most people seem to have a 4-player rookie combination of Hogan/Salem/Lonie/Krakouer/Clark. None of those guys have reached their price peak yet. And trading someone like a Bartel/another forward premo to Tarrant is going backwards IMO. Surely people have bigger issues with their team than to trade a Hogan/Salem/Lonie/Clark to Tarrant? Seems a wasted trade to me, and this is assuming he continues to knock out scores of 70+ on a consistent basis to rise significantly in price.

I wasn't jumping on GAJ trades. My suggestion was for people to trade him out after round 1, and everyone jumped on me.

Tarrant isn't the guy you want bringing the ball out of defense. He's a lumbering gorilla stopper. If we want a key position player to have the ball in his hands in the back half, it's going to be Thompson. Tarrant is basically there to wrestle with gorilla forwards, he's not quick or evasive, so having the ball in his hands can be a dangerous thing.

He very well may prove me wrong - But even then, most people seem to have a 4-player rookie combination of Hogan/Salem/Lonie/Krakouer/Clark. None of those guys have reached their price peak yet. And trading someone like a Bartel/another forward premo to Tarrant is going backwards IMO. Surely people have bigger issues with their team than to trade a Hogan/Salem/Lonie/Clark to Tarrant? Seems a wasted trade to me, and this is assuming he continues to knock out scores of 70+ on a consistent basis to rise significantly in price.
If what you say is true, why has he toned up twice and why won't he do it again? Not being smart, legitimately trying to work out what you're saying .

I was thinking Lamb -> Tarrent. Lamb is out for 10 weeks. I wouldn't be slaughtering another cow to get him in.

Trolling. Tarrant is pretty quick actually and used the ball very well today. His disposal efficiency was very good, think it was up at 87% at one stage

Tarrant is pretty quick actually and used the ball very well today. His disposal efficiency was very good, think it was up at 87% at one stage

I know what I'm talking about, and he isn't quick. I never said he had bad disposal efficiency.

If what you say is true, why has he toned up twice and why won't he do it again? Not being smart, legitimately trying to work out what you're saying .

I was thinking Lamb -> Tarrent. Lamb is out for 10 weeks. I wouldn't be slaughtering another cow to get him in.

Because he's never averaged anywhere near this much in the past. He doesn't get this much of the pill in the 2nds either. You have to look at the role he's playing. Exact same reason Laird was always going to be a bad pick - he's a lock down small defender. Tarrant is a lock down tall defender, who has never scored well historically, add to this the fact he has the tendency to pick up knocks and miss games often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back