Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's never averaged anywhere near this much in the past. He doesn't get this much of the pill in the 2nds either. You have to look at the role he's playing. Exact same reason Laird was always going to be a bad pick - he's a lock down small defender. Tarrant is a lock down tall defender, who has never scored well historically, add to this the fact he has the tendency to pick up knocks and miss games often.
I understand what you're saying, but if this is the case, how is it he's scored 100+ twice in a row. What has allowed him to do that if he's locking down on an opposition player?

What we need to establish is why that's going to change?

Because he's never averaged anywhere near this much in the past. He doesn't get this much of the pill in the 2nds either. You have to look at the role he's playing. Exact same reason Laird was always going to be a bad pick - he's a lock down small defender. Tarrant is a lock down tall defender, who has never scored well historically, add to this the fact he has the tendency to pick up knocks and miss games often.

The difference is Laird was a midpricer, so yes I agree he was not a great pick. But Tarrant is rookie priced. He doesn't need to be a keeper or even hold down a spot on the field, he just needs to make $$$ which he absolutely will (barring injury)

Head of the pack most only have 5.
I only have 4:oops:.
Might jump on pendles either this week or next.

My train of thought is the backline is a train wreck this year and I have no idea who the top 6 back premos will be.

So I will aim to complete my mids and forwards first and then fix up the backs last.

I don't mind playing Saad, Oxley and McIntosh on the ground for a few more weeks if it means I can get JPK in as my 6th mid premo as nearly all the defenders are sucking so far anyways.

My train of thought is the backline is a train wreck this year and I have no idea who the top 6 back premos will be.

So I will aim to complete my mids and forwards first and then fix up the backs last.

I don't mind playing Saad, Oxley and McIntosh on the ground for a few more weeks if it means I can get JPK in as my 6th mid premo as nearly all the defenders are sucking so far anyways.
Jpk big b/e could wait aweek save some cash.
But i know you wont.
;)

The difference is Laird was a midpricer, so yes I agree he was not a great pick. But Tarrant is rookie priced. He doesn't need to be a keeper or even hold down a spot on the field, he just needs to make $$$ which he absolutely will (barring injury)

If someone is trading a Lambert or Lamb to Tarrant, it seems like a decent trade even if Tarrants scoring drops. But if people are cashing in guys like Salem, Hogan, Lonie, Clark already, than I think it's a bit silly

Jpk big b/e could wait aweek save some cash.
But i know you wont.
;)

My mate who is my arch nemesis and who I've never lost to in 6 years of SC that I play this week has JPK and I want to nullify him.

Reason I'm bringing him in this week. LOL!

Historically he's played a completely role, you know, as a forward and all. FWIW he was averaging 20odd disposals in the VFL this year before he was picked (including practice games).
In addition, he's 144k, basically rookie priced. Unlike Laird, he only really has to average 60-70 from the next 6 to 8 games to make a very nice amount of cash. From exposed form as a back surely you would have to say that is achievable.

I understand what you're saying, but if this is the case, how is it he's scored 100+ twice in a row. What has allowed him to do that if he's locking down on an opposition player?

What we need to establish is why that's going to change?

If Laird being a lock down defender was the case, why was he scoring 100's in the first 2 games? You can pick a 2-game sample from any lock-down player and make the same argument that you're making.

Historically he's played a completely role, you know, as a forward and all. FWIW he was averaging 20odd disposals in the VFL this year before he was picked (including practice games).
In addition, he's 144k, basically rookie priced. Unlike Laird, he only really has to average 60-70 from the next 6 to 8 games to make a very nice amount of cash. From exposed form as a back surely you would have to say that is achievable.

These 2 games of 100+ will be the first 2 games out of his system. If he scores 60ish from here on out (what i'd predict) than he'll struggle to hit 300K. Which, like I mentioned before, could be worth the trade if you're carrying someone like Lamb or Lambert.

Then again, this game is won by making bally moves like trading Tarrant in, so if people think it's a good trade and go with their gut than good on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, for the record - If anyone is looking to trade out a Lamb or Lambert in their forward line, I'd suggest Webb over Tarrant.

These 2 games of 100+ will be the first 2 games out of his system. If he scores 60ish from here on out (what i'd predict) than he'll struggle to hit 300K. Which, like I mentioned before, could be worth the trade if you're carrying someone like Lamb or Lambert.

Then again, this game is won by making bally moves like trading Tarrant in, so if people think it's a good trade and go with their gut than good on them.
Yeah now I've scrolled through some of yoyr posts from when I was typing my post up I understand more what you're saying. He's probably not worth bringing in from one of the playing forward rookies, you'd only bring him in for Lamb or Lambert.

Personally I'm considering bringing him in for NVB or maybe Heeney. While NVB probably hasn't quite peaked yet he may not be far off it with a few poorer weeks and I reckon Tarrant will make more money from here. Risking a wasted trade, but it's food for thoughy this week. Heeney out would only be if he was to miss this week after a poor week. With the 7 and a few good scores to drop out it will be a while until he's making good money again if he was to get dropped

Yeah now I've scrolled through some of yoyr posts from when I was typing my post up I understand more what you're saying. He's probably not worth bringing in from one of the playing forward rookies, you'd only bring him in for Lamb or Lambert.

Personally I'm considering bringing him in for NVB or maybe Heeney. While NVB probably hasn't quite peaked yet he may not be far off it with a few poorer weeks and I reckon Tarrant will make more money from here. Risking a wasted trade, but it's food for thoughy this week. Heeney out would only be if he was to miss this week after a poor week. With the 7 and a few good scores to drop out it will be a while until he's making good money again if he was to get dropped

To be honest, after evaluating some of the rookie options coming through, I don't think trading Tarrant in for a Salem or Van Berlo/Heeney is actually that bad of an idea. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Right now, there aren't too many rookies that are looking like they'll play 3+ games anytime soon. The only one that comes to mind immediately is Boekhorst, with Dumont a possibility. Both of these guys are mid rookies, and there doesn't seem to be a wealth of forward rookies that'll come through. Perhaps it is a wise move to go Salem and cash him in prematurely to a Tarrant/Webb and bank 130/160K

Kelly will just be manning the bench.

Second trade I reckon I'll go Van Berlo > JPK.

6 premo midfield now. :thumbsu:
I may be a week behind you with that trade.
Thinking Anderson>Krakouer and Bellchambers>Tarrant this week which would leave me a bank of about $262k.
Just enough to go vanBerlo>JPK the following week if they both get their predicted scores ... but it will be very tight even then.
That would give me 6 midfield prems too.

Lamb > Krak is locked in.
I have $425k and I'm not sure what else to do. I'm happy holding Lambert for loopholing and the other cows are still mooing so no MID upgrade yet. Thinking about fixing Newnes but I'm not sure its worth a trade yet. These will be my 4th & maybe 5th trades.

Any thoughts?

gyTFi8k.jpg

Is anyone else a bit hesitant on trading in too many premo mids? I'm going Ward in this week, then JPK looks tasty next week, Sloane the week after, Rocky will be due in a couple as well and who knows when Ablett is back but IF he's right is a must also.

Problem is you limit cash generation, by doing so I'll drop from 7 mid rookies to 4. And we know that mids is where a lot of that cash comes from to upgrade other lines. Are we better off holding out on these big points to upgrade other lines more effectively or just jumping in headlong to get under valued premos?

FWIW I think I'll do Ward this week, then JPK/Sloane the following two before looking to other lines, probably forward with the likes of Gray, possibly even Bartel being good options

Thinking Newnes out, swap some MPP's around and get Tarrant, I need cash currently have $1600. As good as Jack Steele has been in the magoo's its hard to see who he can tip out of our midfield, may as well bring in Krak for him.

Not trading Newnes yet, his tagging role on the weekend would've been semi-educational and Weller had a calf niggle, I doubt it'll be a long term thing. Weller's expected to be back this week or next. Rookies will need to be culled soon, rather save trades for that, fill all my lines then ditch the underperformers

Thinking Newnes out, swap some MPP's around and get Tarrant, I need cash currently have $1600. As good as Jack Steele has been in the magoo's its hard to see who he can tip out of our midfield, may as well bring in Krak for him.
If Palmer, Kelly or Smith got injured would that be the only way Steele comes into your side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back