Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeo does seem to have broken out in a new, regular role. Of course I wasn't burned by him in the past so I'm not biased against him.
Still not sure I want him but if I was to go after him I could do something like ...

Gawn>Nankervis & WHE>Yeo Or maybe,
Gawn>Witts & Parfitt/Houston>Yeo.

The first option appeals more as it's bringing in 2 likely keepers and Nankervis could be moved forward when I trade Gawn back in while Witts can only be a ruck. Cash wise it would be close. If Yeo goes up to $470k and Nankervis and WHE have their predicted price rises I'd have just $17k to spare.

Another good score from Carlton's Williamson could make him very hard to ignore on the bubble though so it might not happen anyway..

Williamson and Balic are potential bubble rookies for round 5 trades. Any others I'm missing?
Berry if he makes the final team

Even though Balic didn't do great in first game, I think they'll give him a stretch of matches. He's too good for state league. I have plenty of duds that aren't making me any cash to get rid of as well...

I love how so many people are quick to shutdown Yeo being a potentially great pick

You guys realise that players DO breakout?

He is 23 years old and finally playing a consistent role that suits him

Let me guess, those who are against him started with him a couple years ago, he burnt you and now you're still offended

Yeo's first 4 rounds:
View attachment 357495

Doch's first 4 rounds in 2016 after averaging 87 in 2015:
View attachment 357496

I've never had him so avoided the burns. Don't think I'll be able to bring him in next week so I'll most likely give him a miss for now. But if he drops a bit later on I'll certainly bring him in. Looks settled in the backline and not all over the place this year.

only just realised Yeo is a mid/fwd and not a def

I may be able to do:
O'Meara to Yeo
Marchbank to Lloyd, Williams or Howe

Think I'll be just a couple thousand short though
Won't this be impacted by players finishing prices at the conclusion of this round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't this be impacted by players finishing prices at the conclusion of this round?
O'Meara is one I want to get rid of but he isn't playing, so he won't change in price
the other is Marchbank, and I'm anticipating he'll be about $300k, and Yeo will rise to about $470k

Yep :(
All good, happy to do just the 1 trade and let my cows moo away

O'Meara + $313,300 = $640,300
Even if Bont goes 150 this week, I should be able to afford him
If Pendles goes 100-110 on Sunday, I might be able to afford him

So it'll end up being:
Bont/Pendles
vs
Yeo (as a fwd premo) + ~$170k

What about dusty bro. His bye is juicy

Double downgrade last week has left me with 660k.
Not sure it was a great idea. Simply because 330k + one of my spud rookies won't get me out and out premos.
I'm thinking
Hampton to Adams
Hannan or mcgrath to oliver yeo smurgh Hanners parker Cripps even gaz.
To many options.
I already have Lloyd McGrath hibberd as mid / def. Adams seems the logical choice. He's good enough for a mid spot while my half decent defence rookies mature.
I could afford
Stewart to Adams
McGrath to oliver.
Hope its clearer Monday night.

What is this talk about Yeo? Before I know it he'll be slotted in right next to Brodie Smith and Daniel Rich
Aaahhhh Brodie Smith .......the memories he conjures up :'(:'(:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back