Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Nice pod.
Depends which sp you end up not having in his place.
If say you skip rocky or bont and take zerrett.
Probably not worth it.
I'd take zerrett over jpk.
Hope this helps.

But this is the issue this year (along the lines of your Wines will be expensive comments) - we've all got fillet mignon tastes and chuck steak budgets.

I'm not sure I'm ever assembling an all SP best-of-the-best line up in 2017, but maybe getting to 22 premos/keeper types ASAP is a more realistic and worthwhile goal.

But this is the issue this year (along the lines of your Wines will be expensive comments) - we've all got fillet mignon tastes and chuck steak budgets.

I'm not sure I'm ever assembling an all SP best-of-the-best line up in 2017, but maybe getting to 22 premos/keeper types ASAP is a more realistic and worthwhile goal.

That's where i am at. I only had 590k to spend, so Merrett and JPK are the best options for me.

Later in the year, i will go for the best SP's i can find

Good Afternoon all,

So some help with my team would be most appreciated as I don't know where to go from here.
28 Trades and 3k in the bank.
I'm quite happy with my backline for now, just need Shaw to pull his weight.
My Mids on the other hand in concerned about. Need Hanners to start scoring some big totals. O'meara has not done what was expected and with a sore Knee do I swing the Axe on him? I think its time for Taranto to go also.
Ruck I don't like having 2 rucks from the same team. Preuss will take points away from Goldie.
Forwards. Roughead is not going so good. Higgins started well but has dropped off.
Pick my team to bits Please help

Capture.PNG

Swans might swing the axe this week.

Check out @PatrickStackFOX's Tweet:

I don't think all 4 will come in at once TBH.
Fox > McVeigh
Foote > Heeney
Florent, Hayward, Hewett > Rohan
Sinclair > Tippett

Tippett and Heeney did full preseasons and played a fair bit of JLT before their injuries so if they are fit, then they are straight in IMO

McVeigh and Rohan's preparation has not been as solid, I think only one of them will come in.

However, the one that throws the cat amongst the pigeons is whether they bring Tippett in and keep Sinclair. Hopefully this is a straight swap but who knows.

I'd be disappointed, moreso surprised, if they dropped Newman. There are at least 6-7 players (not rookie ones either) who should be dropped ahead of him

Most common trade is Roughy > Matera.
And I absolutely love it.

Rough is a tough one. He's at difficult price where he won't drop if he plays poor or go up if he plays well. Think I'll give him another week.

Roughead's BE is aroud the 80 mark and his average prior to last round was above that. I have him (and spud Wingard) but I will hold both for the time being, he isn't going to bleed cash.

His stat numbers v Geelong weren't any different to previous rounds (he had a similar number of touches V Gold Coast for a 91) but his CPs were well down this week but I'd expect him to bounce back. Right now if he can average 84-90 then that would do me fine.

Personally I have Mountford, Hibberd, Barrett and Eddy sitting on my bench doing stuff all, so rookie or injury corrections are more important at this stage. However in saying that if all your rookies are in line, and you haven't burnt that many trades yet then by all means explore your options.

Ruck I don't like having 2 rucks from the same team. Preuss will take points away from Goldie.

Your rucks are fine, leave them alone. Preuss is perfect cover because if Goldstein is rested or gets hurt or whatever, Preuss is his replacement. That's WHY you would have Preuss - you can't name three rucks.

Roughead's BE is aroud the 80 mark and his average prior to last round was above that. I have him (and spud Wingard) but I will hold both for the time being, he isn't going to bleed cash.

Rough is not a burning issue. I might cut him this week, but only if I'm bringing in a rolled gold keeper for the cash. No way I'd flip him for another mid-pricer or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie 1981,

Leave the backline alone.
Id focus on either mid or fwd.
Choose 1.

Mid you could downgrade Omeara or Roughead to Balic.
Bank 200k for next week or upgrade beams to Bont/SP.
That way you have 5 sit and forget mid locks.
If you want to keep beams, id upgrade OMeara to Macrae with your Roughead money.

Now for the risky all or nothing advice.
If you have had enough of goldy you could down grade him to the freo rookie (102) and upgrade Roughead to nank.
Leaving you with approx 380k.
Next week you could upgrade a SPP/Taranto into just about anyone.

Really it depends if you want to chase points or $$$.

Edit: TLDR,
Goldy/Rough/SPP Vs Nank/Preuss/Bont
Beams/OMeara Vs Bont/Balic
Rough/OMeara Vs Macrae/Balic

Last edited:
Your rucks are fine, leave them alone. Preuss is perfect cover because if Goldstein is rested or gets hurt or whatever, Preuss is his replacement. That's WHY you would have Preuss - you can't name three rucks.
Fair Point

Rough is not a burning issue. I might cut him this week, but only if I'm bringing in a rolled gold keeper for the cash. No way I'd flip him for another mid-pricer or something.
I'm holding him.
I'm thinking in 2 weeks if he continues to spud.
Hannan to parsons
Rough to a premo.
So many folks trading him.
If I give him 2 weeks and he returns to form. Pod.
Parsons getting suspended has really helped IMO.

SPP > Yeo (Then DPP to forward line)
Eddy > Balic
Or...
SPP > Murphy
Florent > Balic

Mids are Rockliff, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, Selwood, Florent, Barrett, Miles, SPP
Fwds are Dahl, Nank, Greene, Steele, Butler, Houston, Parfitt, Eddy

Which position needs upgrading more urgently.

SPP > Yeo (Then DPP to forward line)
Eddy > Balic
Or...
SPP > Murphy
Florent > Balic

Mids are Rockliff, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, Selwood, Florent, Barrett, Miles, SPP
Fwds are Dahl, Nank, Greene, Steele, Butler, Houston, Parfitt, Eddy

Which position needs upgrading more urgently.
Second one.
Need more danger.

roughy to betts, yeo, tom j lynch or jjk, and eddy to balic...or double downgrade roughy to balic and hampton to williamson?

please help

roughy to betts, yeo, tom j lynch or jjk, and eddy to balic...or double downgrade roughy to balic and hampton to williamson?

please help
Easy what are you chasing points or $$$.

If you can figure put which is more important to you right now you should be able to make a decision.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is Balic worth the trade or should I wait for fisher next week and parsons?

Is Balic worth the trade or should I wait for fisher next week and parsons?
Same question I keep asking myself.
The DPP is tempting.
I think eddy to Balic is a good trade. Gets cash gen going.
I've skipped him.
Only because I did a double upgrade.
I think fisher/parsons will be good enough.

All things point to trade Ruff.

I think i will hold for now..i dont really like the forward options other than Nroo.

I will try to bring in Heater or simmo im keeping a :eyes: on them next week or week after.

Inj smith goes to Williamson.
Hoping that barrett gets named too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back