Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATM im thinking:

Skippy to Warren

then one of the following trades

Malceski to Newman

Haselby to NDS

Warren looked alright on the weekend. He missed a couple of goals so could easily have scored higher.
I prefer Mal/Newman over Hase/NDS mainly because Haselby > Malceski

Have enough coin to upgrade skippy to Riewoldt??? However also thinking bout upgrading to S. Johnson as Geelong have a big next 4 weeks, Lions @SS, Dees @MCG, Syd @SS, NM @SS. Thoughts??

I'd wait a week. From memory Newman should fall in value and it gives you another week to take a look at Warren.

Warren looked alright on the weekend. He missed a couple of goals so could easily have scored higher.
I prefer Mal/Newman over Hase/NDS mainly because Haselby > Malceski

Cheers, yeah newmans breakeven is 121 this week so he should drop a bit in price. I got brown/walker to cover for skipworth for the time being.
Im thinking about NDS because his breakeven is 100 this week, and looks set to rise. Fingerscrossed Kornes can shut him down :p

I dont know if i should go...
Skipworth > Krak
Skipworth > Gia
Or use two trades and get Riewoldt

I have used 4 trades already :( so I dont really want to use two trades.

Thinking Jacobs to Meesen then Skippy to either Bommer Harvey of J Brown.

Would love opinions on whether Harvey or Brown may be a better bet.

I think I can do the Ablett option by upgrading Ryan Griffen, so perhaps this is the way to go? Seems as though everyone in my league has Ablett but me and if he continues with scores like last week, then I am going to get killed week after week.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I had Ablett all of last year but decided against getting him this year and it has burned me. I'll trade out Skipworth to find the money to upgrade to him this week. The only problem is i'll have to bring him in for Cross.

Okay so, here are my options this week:

OPTION 1:
Skipworth >>> Riewoldt (remaining Sal-Cap $300,300)
Malceski >>>> Drummond/Newman (rSalCap $112,000/$124,100)

OPTION 2:
Hasleby >>>> Ablett (remaining SalCap $207,700)
Skipworth >>> any player under $514,000 (J.Brown, Goodwin, Porps, Gian, Tredrea :eek:)

A few thoughts would be greatly appreciated... :thumbsu:

You seem to be overly concerned with players in your team losing value. If you think Fev and Roughead will come good then keep them, but these trades do reek of "knee-jerk" reaction. Harvey has played 1 good game all season and if he has a stinker next week and Fev kicks 8 then you'll probably want to trade Fev back in again.

If anything Roughie -> Riewoldt is your best trade.

I'd be somewhat wary of Bowden as the Tigers might start blooding some youngsters soon and he will be one of the first to get dropped.

Thanks, it's a long season and I can see where you're coming from...

However, trades aren't as knee jerk as they appear - as stated, my aim is (and always was) to fill my team with premiums as early and as cheap as possible (pretty simple really). So, I picked Fev and Roughy (Not premiums) on the back of preseason form (and in Fev's case, his early opponents) in the hope they would go up and I could jump on the inevitable premiums who've had a slow start (especially happens in the fwds)

That happened for Harvey and Riewoldt (maybe the 2 best fwds) but they both got back to their normal selves last weekend and probably have bottomed out (especially with low breakevens)

Problem is, Bowden has also bottomed out, has the capacity to get Ablettesque scores and is in a much harder to upgrade zone (the backs) but will still cost a lot more and restrict me to only that change!

Obviously, whichever option I do not take will be inaffordable as soon as next week

What do you think?

I'd be somewhat wary of Bowden as the Tigers might start blooding some youngsters soon and he will be one of the first to get dropped.

I'd be quite disappointed if Bowden gets dropped after having 44 possession, especially my smokey trade was Scotland to Bowden last week.

Skipworth - you donkey, you could have got injured next week....$40k short to do:

Skipworth to Harvey
Otten to Barham

so no trade this week....Harvey will go up this week too...bugger.missed the boat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just did some recalculations. I think i'll go:

OUT: Skipworth, Ottens
IN: Ziebell, Hille

But i'm worried....will Ziebell keep geting games? I can't set myself up for losing anymore trades, i'll be on 15 left after this round (all injuries! ****!)

Probably Skipworth to Ziebell and pocket 185k, which is a nice amount.

However, I'm unsure of Ziebell. I'm not sure if he will be able to rack up consistently high scores. And we all know about Laidley.

Alterntively, I could cull one of my cash cows (probably Robinson) and upgrade Skippy to someone like Robbie Grey, but again, I'm unsure about him and it won't leave me with as much money to upgrade the rest of my team.

What does everyone else think?

Considering trading Gram out for Mattner.
Gram seems unable to find his position on the team and therefore hasn't settled into a rhythm and into good scores. (He's being swapped back and forth between the HB and the C) He does, however, generally finish the season well.
Mattner is a premium defender that is of keeper status and he is down to 450k.
What do you guys think?

Considering trading Gram out for Mattner.
Gram seems unable to find his position on the team and therefore hasn't settled into a rhythm and into good scores. (He's being swapped back and forth between the HB and the C) He does, however, generally finish the season well.
Mattner is a premium defender that is of keeper status and he is down to 450k.
What do you guys think?

Personally i wouldnt trade out Gram for Mattner, seems like a sideways trade. I remember Gram started slowly last year and improved.

Having said that my trades for the week are likely to be Wells-Luke Power
Skipworth - Franklin. Only because i have 265k sitting in the bank and am playing my 2 hardest opponents next two weeks and who i most want to beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back