Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my view the options are as follows in terms of getting gazza ablett...

Advise me as to what seems to be the best solution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. O'Keefe ---> Krakouer
Robinson ---> Barham
Foley ---> Ablett

leaving a starting midfield of Ablett, Judd, Selwood, K Cornes, Vince, Rich

This option will however take me 2 weeks and prices may fluctuate.

2. Vince ---> Zaharakis/Beams/Moss/Hartlett/Picken
Foley---> Ablett

leaving a starting midfield of Ablett, Judd, Selwood, K Cornes, Rich and Zaharakis/Beams/Moss/Hartlett/Picken

3. K Cornes ---> Dangerfield, Ziebell, Petterd, Callan Ward
Vince ---> Ablett

leaving a starting midfield of Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Foley, Rich and Dangerfield/Ziebell/Petterd/Callan Ward
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I am leaning towards option 2 and taking Beams and Ablett while dropping Foley and Vince.

Thoughts?
What do you guys think?

Over the next couple of weeks i'm consider doing:
Robinson - Collins/Barham
then
Malceski - Hodge/Newman/Drummond
or
Hille - Cox

Although if Robinson gets named I'll probably wait it out a bit longer. Malceski might come good, Hille will probably come good, Hodge might continue scoring lame numbers. So I'm tempted to play it conservative and just wait.

Who's the best option out of those backs? Hodge obviously sounds lovely, but i have a bad feeling about him. Newman and Drummond seem solid.

Over the next couple of weeks i'm consider doing:
Robinson - Collins/Barham
then
Malceski - Hodge/Newman/Drummond
or
Hille - Cox

Why you trading Hille out? He isn't doing well, but he is still a keeper. Can you upgrade your other ruckman or is he also a premium?

I reckon:

Robbo to Barham
Malceski to Hodge (or Newman or Drummond)

Don't trade Hille. Who is your other ruck?

Why you trading Hille out? He isn't doing well, but he is still a keeper. Can you upgrade your other ruckman or is he also a premium?

I reckon:

Robbo to Barham
Malceski to Hodge (or Newman or Drummond)

Don't trade Hille. Who is your other ruck?

H-Mac. I won't trade Hille. It's just that I want some Cox action, and I have a bad feeling about Hille this year. There's a dispiritedness in the slump of his shoulders and the saddened downward gaze of his eyes before the ball is bounced that I can't remember seeing last season.

I was hoping Ottens would be back in a week or so & was going to wait until that 1st big round score disappeared & his price would start to drop then trade him in for Leuy.

Now I think I might be better off to get rid of Leuy now for Meeson & take the cash. A bit wary of how safe Meeson is in the team though.

Then keep track of Barham & Hartlett this week & next week trade Skippy as he's in my Mids down to the best performing & safest looking of the 2. Should give me enough cash for my next trade to be a cow straight to a gun.

now then,

I had luenberger as my second ruck hoping he would make enough cash to up grade to a falling ruck eg, Pettrie.
But he has gotten injured 2 weeks to early for me. Leaving me playing Jacobs on the field and no cover on the bench with spencer not playing.

I am now stuck with him on the bench, together with the Skipworth injury i feel i need to act. I have only used 1 trade so far so im comfortable burning a couple.

This is what im thinking...:

This week:
Luenburger ---> Meesen (if selected, would be disaster if not)

Next week:
Hill ---> Broughten
Skippy---> Franklin

The only other problem i have is i also have robinson on the bench doing SFA.

Ideas, opinions?? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks lads.

I'm another who foolishly held on to Ottens in the hope of conserving a trade.

Looks like he is still several weeks away, so is a must trade now IMO.

With Skipworth out injured as well, I am thinking of the following trades.

Out - Ottens, Skipworth
In - HMac, Franklin

Unfortunately for me, if I do this trade, I will break my rule of no Franklin anywhere near my team, but i think I have no other option. Really want Riewoldt but not quite enough cash. Maybe I should bench Skipworth for the week and see what happens next week. Means I have to play 2 rookies in the forwards though, which I'm not keen on.

What are peoples thoughts on Franklin? A little out of form but capable of massive scores. Averaged 107 last year whilst kicking 100 goals. He's probably not going to kick 100 this year, so is it a waste shelling out 470k for a guy that may average 90 - even if he is underpriced?

On 2nd thoughts, I might just trade Skipworth to Krakeour and Ottens to HMac and keep 150k in the bank for future upgrades. Franklin a bit risky at this stage and coupled with the fact that I can't stand the bloke means a win win for me.

Still be interested in opinions if anyone has any re: my potential trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

now then,

I had luenberger as my second ruck hoping he would make enough cash to up grade to a falling ruck eg, Pettrie.
But he has gotten injured 2 weeks to early for me. Leaving me playing Jacobs on the field and no cover on the bench with spencer not playing.

I am now stuck with him on the bench, together with the Skipworth injury i feel i need to act. I have only used 1 trade so far so im comfortable burning a couple.

This is what im thinking...:

This week:
Luenburger ---> Meesen (if selected, would be disaster if not)

Next week:
Hill ---> Broughten
Skippy---> Franklin

The only other problem i have is i also have robinson on the bench doing SFA.

Ideas, opinions?? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks lads.

I'm in the same boat as you Mick. My feeling is that while not ideal, having Spencer and Meesen in the rucks you'd have to think once of them would be playing each week.

I haven't used any trades yet, and have enough cover (cross fingers) for a full team, but it does seem silly not to take advantage of one or two small downgrades to bolster the cash reserves.

Anyone think that Nahas or W Thompson will keep their spot for a while? I'm not convinced about either (I quite like Nahas- he's quick and lively, but I can't help thinking he'll break in half if a strong breeze blows across the ground)

H-Mac. I won't trade Hille. It's just that I want some Cox action, and I have a bad feeling about Hille this year. There's a dispiritedness in the slump of his shoulders and the saddened downward gaze of his eyes before the ball is bounced that I can't remember seeing last season.

I'm guessing you are female, crikey, very observant, maybe he has some emotional issues at home? Either that, or he has done more weights this preseason and his shoulders are bigger and he is looking down to make sure his shoelaces are tied.

I'm looking at:

Hurn -> Broughton
Skipworth -> Riewoldt

Assuming Broughton gets picked....

i understand wanting to go skipworth to riewoldt and i am looking at ways to do this trade myself.

however it seems a bit strange to trade out Hurn who is having a good season and likely to keep going up in price for someone that has only played one game (note i have both Hurn and Broughton in my team)

I'm another who foolishly held on to Ottens in the hope of conserving a trade.

Looks like he is still several weeks away, so is a must trade now IMO.

With Skipworth out injured as well, I am thinking of the following trades.

Out - Ottens, Skipworth
In - HMac, Franklin

Unfortunately for me, if I do this trade, I will break my rule of no Franklin anywhere near my team, but i think I have no other option. Really want Riewoldt but not quite enough cash. Maybe I should bench Skipworth for the week and see what happens next week. Means I have to play 2 rookies in the forwards though, which I'm not keen on.

What are peoples thoughts on Franklin? A little out of form but capable of massive scores. Averaged 107 last year whilst kicking 100 goals. He's probably not going to kick 100 this year, so is it a waste shelling out 470k for a guy that may average 90 - even if he is underpriced?

On 2nd thoughts, I might just trade Skipworth to Krakeour and Ottens to HMac and keep 150k in the bank for future upgrades. Franklin a bit risky at this stage and coupled with the fact that I can't stand the bloke means a win win for me.

Still be interested in opinions if anyone has any re: my potential trades.

Regards to Franklin do it man and dont be even worried about him averaging 90 all year (it wont happen) he might drop a little more over next week but then He will be set explode over the next 5-6 weeks and you wont get him much cheaper then that. Get a look at the run Hawthorn have and how many goals he averages against these sides.

For the ones talking about Luenberger I also have him using Jessie White as backup at the moment, the ones that are talking about Meesen well thats not really a long term viable 2nd ruck. I have a different alternative off waiting for some the other guys to bottom out in Hille or Sandilands in a couple weeks both very capable as your second ruck and will be under 400k. (Cant beleive ppl are even bothering getting off these guys your not gonna be getting much better in the ruck division as a second ruck) the good rucks fluctuate between 400-500k all year so pick them up at the bottom.

i understand wanting to go skipworth to riewoldt and i am looking at ways to do this trade myself.

however it seems a bit strange to trade out Hurn who is having a good season and likely to keep going up in price for someone that has only played one game (note i have both Hurn and Broughton in my team)

I haven't made a trade yet therefore have no cash. The Skippy > Riewoldt upgrade is something I really want, So if I want him, I need to sacrifice a 300k ish type player. Basically leaves me with Hurn, Houlihan, Rich, Krak, Higgins.

I see more upside in the other 4 players, and even the possibility of Houli, Rich & Higgins becoming keepers. I don't like any fwd rookies, therefore Krak's out (& he'll make me a fair bit of cash in the next few weeks). Hurn is all I'm left with....

And Broughton is the only rookie I really want this week.

I don't know, maybe I'll just bench Skippy for MBrown and see out the 3-4 weeks and hope Riewoldt doesnt rise too much.

Any other possible rookie upgrades I'm missing? I see Meesen is due for a big rise, but eh... it's Meesen. Anyone watched / got an inside scoop on Hartlett / W Thompson?

Anyone watched / got an inside scoop on Hartlett / W Thompson?

I watched Hartlett. Got plenty of the ball but has horrific disposal efficiency. 22 touches and 11 marks for 61 points. Would hate to see what he will score if he only gets 15 touches. Only 1 game though.....and there was a fairly defensive, pressure intense type of a game. I'd want to give him 1 more game to make sure before forking out the trade.

Thompson didn't get much of it. Wasn't really looking for him though. Had next to no influence.

I watched Hartlett. Got plenty of the ball but has horrific disposal efficiency. 22 touches and 11 marks for 61 points. Would hate to see what he will score if he only gets 15 touches. Only 1 game though.....and there was a fairly defensive, pressure intense type of a game. I'd want to give him 1 more game to make sure before forking out the trade.

Thompson didn't get much of it. Wasn't really looking for him though. Had next to no influence.

I'd rather a rookie get 22 touches and 61 points than get 10 touches and 61 points.

Will have to watch the PA game this week if he gets picked. Guess that's the thing... can he hold his spot when the Burgoyne's are back.....

I watched Hartlett. Got plenty of the ball but has horrific disposal efficiency.
His disposal efficiency was 83% and he is a great kick...

The problem was most of his touches were uncontested, though he is more than capable of winning a contest when he needs to.

I think Choco stated after the game that he expects Hartlett to play for the rest of the year, he started 4 rounds in because of an injury.

I will be looking to bring him in next week but if you need someone urgently he is probably the safest rookie pick.

Wade Thompson on the other hand will be lucky to survive in the team this week with SBurgouyne possibly coming back. Getting 10 or so possesions a game, no goals and not much impact.

His disposal efficiency was 83% and he is a great kick...

The problem was most of his touches were uncontested, though he is more than capable of winning a contest when he needs to.

I think Choco stated after the game that he expects Hartlett to play for the rest of the year, he started 4 rounds in because of an injury.

I will be looking to bring him in next week but if you need someone urgently he is probably the safest rookie pick.

Wade Thompson on the other hand will be lucky to survive in the team this week with SBurgouyne possibly coming back. Getting 10 or so possesions a game, no goals and not much impact.

Agree on Thompson. I see him as a rookie list experiment (sort of) who may get games here and there but is not in their best 22. Port have a surplus of that type of player.

On Hartlett I will see how he goes this week and then probably get on him next week by trading out Brent Reilly. Hopefully this gives me a good rookie cash cow who will play and score close to Reilly, and release $200K into the kitty :thumbsu:

i have 2 trade options for this week:
Option 1: Skipworth to Giansiracusa leaving me with no money but only using 1 trade.
Option 2: Skipworth to Ziebell, then upgrade most likely houlihan to riewoldt, leaving me with 50k but more importantly only 15 trades left.

opinions?

i have 2 trade options for this week:
Option 1: Skipworth to Giansiracusa leaving me with no money but only using 1 trade.
Option 2: Skipworth to Ziebell, then upgrade most likely houlihan to riewoldt, leaving me with 50k but more importantly only 15 trades left.

opinions?

Is there a better option than Gia? He spent half the game on the bench this week.

i really dont like option 2. I would keep Houlihan til at least wk 10 if you can. Im also not a huge fan of trading Ziebell in right now. His price has already gone up so much there appears to be little value there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back