Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I finally had enough of J.Riewoldt so I traded him out for treloar. Bit of a risky move but I just cant justify keeping riewoldt with 3 poor scores in a row and the potential cash games trading in treloar will be handy.

So i guess im posting this to say whoever has j.riewoldt will probably enjoy him tonning up this week:p

Sheep : "Baaa Baaaa Baaa Get Trelour Baaa Baaa Baaa"

Can't think for yourself? Follow the sheep...

Dude, it's the SC equivalent of finding $100 on the ground. Most people would pick it up. Only the cool, un-sheeplike would walk past it and leave it there (so they could show eveyone else how cool they are and point fun at the sheep, I presume).

Pretty keen here to get James McDonald & Allan Christensen (IMO top 10 forward for the rest of the year) as my D6/F7 scores are terrible. Have $51,000, only way to do it without trading a premium which would be Gibbs or Dusty is:

A.Kennedy > James McDonald
Terry Milera > Allan Christensen

Would leave Ledger/Dickson on the pine but not too worried as there will be plenty of cows to look at over the next week or two.

I think Milera and Kennedy will average 65 at best for the rest of the year and maybe each have $100k left in them.

Alternatively could just go Dickson > James McDonald.

Crazy or not?

I like the proposed trades but to be honest I would dump Martin and get the cash. To paraphrase famous philosopher "They think he's hot shit in a champagne glass, but he's really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup."

Help!

Want to pick up James McDonald before his price goes up and have the option of trading Coniglio or Shiel for him...

Who do you guys recommend I get rid of?

Get rid of Coniglio, Coniglio has a breakeven of 15, Shiel's is -20 for the same price, and Coniglio isn't playing this week, Shiel is.

Help!

Want to pick up James McDonald before his price goes up and have the option of trading Coniglio or Shiel for him...

Who do you guys recommend I get rid of?

I would dump Coniglio. They both have similar averages but that includes Shiel spudding it up with a 34 in his first game (which can be excused). Plus you will get an extra 7k not much but it's something.
That's just a view from looking at the stats, I haven't seen enough of GWS play to know who Choco favours.

Pretty keen here to get James McDonald & Allan Christensen (IMO top 10 forward for the rest of the year) as my D6/F7 scores are terrible. Have $51,000, only way to do it without trading a premium which would be Gibbs or Dusty is:

A.Kennedy > James McDonald
Terry Milera > Allan Christensen

Would leave Ledger/Dickson on the pine but not too worried as there will be plenty of cows to look at over the next week or two.

I think Milera and Kennedy will average 65 at best for the rest of the year and maybe each have $100k left in them.

Alternatively could just go Dickson > James McDonald.

Crazy or not?

Would have to query the Kennedy one, he'll only be out for a week and with a breakeven of 19 he'll still go up in price. Do like the Dickson->McDonald trade though, even though you would be giving up your DPP I assume.

I like the proposed trades but to be honest I would dump Martin and get the cash. To paraphrase famous philosopher "They think he's hot shit in a champagne glass, but he's really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup."

Impromptu last year kept Nick Riewoldt all year despite his starting/finishing average slipping from 109 to 87. The winner the year before kept O'Keefe all season - 109 to 90. Martin will average 87+ (from 99) and is as likely as anyone going around to play 22 games. He stays IMO.

Quick question guys, if i have 2 guys on the bench marked emergency in the same position, which guy gets used for emergency? The one above the other slot, or the one with the higher score?

Its stupid, but you get the lowest scoring of the 2.

Ive always said this rule is wrong, if you dedicate 2 emergencys to one line when you only have 3 to cover 4 lines then I think the reward should be that you get the higher of the 2 scores

I agree with this... Rewards those who have managed their team well enough so that 2 lines are all guaranteed to play and you can use the 3 emergencies on the remaining two lines...

If you got the highest of the two, it'd be too easy to exploit.

e.g. This round I might be unsure who to put on the field for Gaz - Shiel or McDonald. If I got the highest of the two emergencies, I could just leave Gaz on the field and set both Shiel and McDonald as emergencies to ensure I get the highest scoring player's score.

In short, it wouldn't really be a better system if you got the highest scoring emergency.

Back on topic, nothing too crazy for me this week - Ledger out, Treloar in. Gives me my MPP back and saves me a donut this round.

Clay Smith, Adam Kennedy, Aaron Hall...

Trading out 2 of those for McDonald and Treloar - which? Hall is the best for breakeven but im not sure of him getting more games, whereas Smith will likely come back sometime... but i like having Kennedy for DPP and could/should be back? Thoughts??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith and Hall. Kennedy the best of the three and is just being rested

Been pondering it for days but finally going to bite the bullet and go Carrazzo > Geary. Hopefully Gram's return won't hamper Geary's output.
Also going Smith > Treloar in hope of being able to (just) afford Pendles next round. Will have 326 in the bank, really need Magner or Sheil to give me a big return, otherwise I will have to wait a week and get a pricier Pendles :(

with mumford needing the sack would people go for cox or macintosh?? both average 98/99 but there is about 150k difference in price. help needed asap!!
cheers,

Think I might be going Fyfe to Treloar and Mumford to Mackintosh.

Deciding to keep Ablett which means I will have a much lower score this week, but with $759.5k in the bank, I will be looking to upgrade C.Smith to Pendlebury and hopefully somebody to Murphy or Mitchell next week

Think of this....

Shiel > Parker
Hall > James McDonald

Swapping Devon Smith into the forward for the Hall > JMac trade to take place. Midfield bench players then become JMac and Greene, with Parker and Magner as M5 and M6.

Good moves?

Just doing my really good friends trades for him because he isn't good with the internet. My really good friend would like to know if Luke Dallhaus is a good pick?

Nice selection. Just have to wary of any doggie late withdrawals. I could easily see:
Out:
Dahlaus (Tyre marks on stomach).

If you got the highest of the two, it'd be too easy to exploit.

e.g. This round I might be unsure who to put on the field for Gaz - Shiel or McDonald. If I got the highest of the two emergencies, I could just leave Gaz on the field and set both Shiel and McDonald as emergencies to ensure I get the highest scoring player's score.

In short, it wouldn't really be a better system if you got the highest scoring emergency.

Back on topic, nothing too crazy for me this week - Ledger out, Treloar in. Gives me my MPP back and saves me a donut this round.

:thumbsu: best description / reason I've heard on here for weeks!

Think of this....

Shiel > Parker
Hall > James McDonald

Swapping Devon Smith into the forward for the Hall > JMac trade to take place. Midfield bench players then become JMac and Greene, with Parker and Magner as M5 and M6.

Good moves?

very solid moves - altho i think shiel still has plenty of mooing to do

So hypothetically if I don't trade Kennedy to Treloar this week, what other good forward rookies are coming through? Pfeiffer seems alright but he's a bit more expensive.

I'm just wondering if I should hold and hope a rookie as good as Treloar comes through, or take the cash (that I need for Pendles in the next couple of weeks) and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back