Game Day Round 5 vs. BRIS. Thurs 14/04, 7:35pm Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

These selections just confirm how far off our list is.
But it’s the forward line that’s the problem.The backline looks fine to me,but as always the forward line looks weak,especially with a few extra players out like Elliott,Mihocek amd Ginnivan.

Cox/Cameron/Hoskin-Elliott/Wilson might be the most uninspiring forward-line I've ever seen.

I'll reserve judgement but if we lose I'm placing this one on Fly and the selection committee.

Selection options being who?

An out of form Henry who might end up even more out of form from being persisted with?

Krueger? He’s been named, you missed him.

Land of the giants in the forward line! Can't say I'm confident about that, but let's see how it plays out.

Not surprised about Henry and Noble, really. Hopefully Ollie can go back to VFL and clunk a few big grabs early and get that confidence up

Strange (im)balance of ins and outs.

I think we need to play Sidebottom as a permanent forward. He’s the closest thing we’ve got to a front-and-square crumber and he is great around goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who do you think Harris Andrews is going to play on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fumbles Noble finally dropped!

As for Cox; obviously we want a pure ruck (Grundy), fwd ruck (in this case Cameron) and two pure forwards (Cox and Kreuger).

Next week hopefully Checkers is back and knocks one of Cox/Cameron out of the side and keeps the other in as the fwd/ruck.

I think the reason we kept Cal Brown in will be so he can play fwd but provide a rotation in the middle. I assumed it would be someone like him or Tyler Brown. My biggest issue with it is that he isn't a good forward, unless his role is solely to tackle and hands off every set shot!!

Madgen lucky AF but perhaps they have a target in mind that wouldn't suit Noble...

Fumbles Noble finally dropped!

As for Cox; obviously we want a pure ruck (Grundy), fwd ruck (in this case Cameron) and two pure forwards (Cox and Kreuger).

Next week hopefully Checkers is back and knocks one of Cox/Cameron out of the side and keeps the other in as the fwd/ruck.

I think the reason we kept Cal Brown in will be so he can play fwd but provide a rotation in the middle. I assumed it would be someone like him or Tyler Brown. My biggest issue with it is that he isn't a good forward, unless his role is solely to tackle and hands off every set shot!!

Madgen lucky AF but perhaps they have a target in mind that wouldn't suit Noble...
No match up suits Madgen talls kick goals on him and so do the smalls

No I didn’t. But I’m prepared to be patient with him and his tall colleagues. The list is in transition and they all need time to prove their worth or otherwise.

well timmy the pack will be coming for blood if we continue with the slowly slowly approach.....the fly might think he's on honeymoon for his whole contract period but we know better...

Hoping we improve our forward delivery/entries. Do that and who knows. Good to see Maynard in the centre, we need more grunt.

Cox to take Cameron's spot in the fwdline, Cameron to the backline, Madge as the rover. 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back