Game Day Round 5 vs. BRIS. Thurs 14/04, 7:35pm Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, one tall goes out, three talls come in. I didn’t see that happening.

We better mark it every time the ball comes into our F50 because we’re no chance of keeping it in there once it hits the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From the little bit we've seen of Kreuger, his follow up work at ground level might not be too dissimilar to Mihocek's. Henry hasn't been offering us much of a contest at ground level, so I'm not too concerned about him out for Cox - the way I see it, you're losing the occasional goal conjured from nothing by Henry for the occasional goal conjured from a Mason pack mark.

Mcreery out and Elliott out of the forward line really hurts, as it did against wce. I'm hoping that JDG and Adams rotate forward to give us more grunt forward of the ball.

Cox replaces Mihocek… downgrade
Kreuger replaces Henry… upgrade

On balance it’s weaker than last week but if Cameron and Cox can stay out of each other’s way and Kreuger plays like Kreuger plays, maybe we can stretch Brisbane’s awesome defence
How is Kreuger replacing Henry an upgrade? Kreuger only played half a game. What are you basing it on?

Personnel aside… I welcome the return to a 3 tall forward structure. Mihocek and Cameron were outmanned last week by the WC defence

So considering personnel.. Cameron-Cox-Kreuger
is probably the best forward line we can muster at the minute

- 3 talls allow 2 forwards to remain when Cox/Cameron ruck in place of Grundy

- De Goey to play mid more

I’m just perplexed at keeping Wilson over Henry… especially when Madgen still in the side to play as the extra defender

But I suppose he wasn’t terrible last week and they are getting a good look at out of contract at years end Wilson…

Henry and Noble unlucky considering WHE just keeps playing despite this year averaging 12 disposals, 2 tackles and less than 1 goal and 1 inside 50 a game

Fumbles Noble finally dropped!

As for Cox; obviously we want a pure ruck (Grundy), fwd ruck (in this case Cameron) and two pure forwards (Cox and Kreuger).

Next week hopefully Checkers is back and knocks one of Cox/Cameron out of the side and keeps the other in as the fwd/ruck.

I think the reason we kept Cal Brown in will be so he can play fwd but provide a rotation in the middle. I assumed it would be someone like him or Tyler Brown. My biggest issue with it is that he isn't a good forward, unless his role is solely to tackle and hands off every set shot!!

Madgen lucky AF but perhaps they have a target in mind that wouldn't suit Noble...
That’s the issue though, over the last two weeks in the VFL Cox has performed well when going through the ruck but hasn’t done too much as a forward.

Both of them are prone to going missing and often a spell in the ruck can get Cox or Cameron both involved in the game

john noble has be omitted ....bf is finally getting thru to the fly and the leper....

Only way the Cox & Cameron pairing work is if Cameron is told to roam outside 50. He can take a mark outside 50 but struggles inside 50, while Cox performs better inside 50.
One of them might also take ruck contests forward of centre to allow Grundy to drop back to the backline and cut off Daniher's leads.

I assume we're going tall to allow De Goey to keep up his high midfield time, but with he and Adams returning that makes Cal Brown completely redundant. Unless we see him go forward (yuck).

I don't really like the selections. Especially with Madge keeping his spot in the side. Feel like we're going to be really slow.

That’s the issue though, over the last two weeks in the VFL Cox has performed well when going through the ruck but hasn’t done too much as a forward.

Both of them are prone to going missing and often a spell in the ruck can get Cox or Cameron both involved in the game
Cox performed very well hitting up to the wing against a kpp player - I think that's what he'll be doing again with Cameron deeper and Kreuger trying to be Mihocek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The forward line looks top heavy- there are no small players on it at all.Surely we can’t play all of Cox,Cameron and Krueger on the forward line at the same time?And surely Nick Daicos must play up forward,as we have completely run out of small forwards?
Cox to take every single centre bounce please.
Grundy the rest.

Interesting with the talls... Might see a few positional changes who knows... Even maybe a late change...
Even at full strength I wouldn't think we would beat Brisbane, as it sits I have a feeling this could get ugly... Hope I am wrong.

When moving around a few of the magnets etc this is how I would line up this 22:

B - Quaynor Roughead Howe
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - J.Daicos Pendlebury N.Daicos
HF - WHE Cameron Sidebottom
F - DeGoey Cox Krueger
R - Grundy Adams Lipinski
INT - Brown Madgen McInnes Wilson

I like the inclusions.

I’m surprised by the outs but Wilson probably outperformed Henry on the weekend and with Elliott and Checkers out they probably want WHE’s experience.

Brisbane’s forward line is McStay and Daniher flanked by quicker types like Cameron, Rayner, Bailey and McCarthy so I see a role for Noble more so than Madgen. I don’t see who he is best suited to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately with checkers going out and AJ injured Cox and Krueger were the definite ins. If AJ was available he’d be in rather than Cox or Cameron. Madge, Cal, Wilson and WHE all in the one side not encouraging but it’s good to see changes. Would like to see a few more younger players but then again none really knocked down the door last week in the VFL so understandable. Let’s see how this goes.

Unfortunately with checkers going out and AJ injured Cox and Krueger were the definite ins. If AJ was available he’d be in rather than Cox or Cameron. Madge, Cal, Wilson and WHE all in the one side not encouraging but it’s good to see changes. Would like to see a few more younger players but then again none really knocked down the door last week in the VFL so understandable. Let’s see how this goes.
Poulter needs to kick it to teammates. Harrison needs to get more involved. Murley looks a ripper, but is still way too skinny. McMahon still way too skinny. Draper not getting involved. Begg is years off. Might end up with a couple of players from them, but not for a fair while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back