Game Day Round 5 vs. BRIS. Thurs 14/04, 7:35pm Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks Moore has been average this year?

He needs to beat Daniher for us to win.

Roughy to break even with McStay would help also

Moore been Solid but I think that because he has to Look after the Player Madgen is playing on and because of that have to be lot more Defensive but with Roughead he might be allowed to be more attacking and more his Style of Play

I think it means that JDG and Adams will have a fair bit of forward rotations - which our forward line will need desperately.
I would like to see Sidebottom go forward more than Adams I think, if we want some experience and x-factor up forward. Or maybe Nick Daicos.

Lots to think about and tinker with. Will be interesting to see our direction.

Am I the only one who thinks Moore has been average this year?

He needs to beat Daniher for us to win.

Roughy to break even with McStay would help also
He's been exposed when trying to cover for Madgen in my opinion. That's what did him in against Geelong in particular - too much firepower for him to try and cover both his man and Madgen's. I thought he was excellent in the first two rounds though.

Moore been Solid but I think that because he has to Look after the Player Madgen is playing on and because of that have to be lot more Defensive but with Roughead he might be allowed to be more attacking and more his Style of Play
Not true Dave I only missed last week live but he isn’t covering for Madgen imo

I watched last weeks game twice on TV and Moore didn’t cover Madgen in that one also

I would like to see Sidebottom go forward more than Adams I think, if we want some experience and x-factor up forward. Or maybe Nick Daicos.

Lots to think about and tinker with. Will be interesting to see our direction.
I'd go with Adams - more than x factor or experience, we need grunt who will keep ground balls arrive and creat some additional scoring chances. Get him and JDG ahead of the ball after stoppage.

Not true Dave I only missed last week live but he isn’t covering for Madgen imo

I watched last weeks game twice on TV and Moore didn’t cover Madgen in that one also
I think the last line has been exposed too much by Noble and Pendles getting drawn into the contest too much and not holding their positioning.

I'd go with Adams - more than x factor or experience, we need grunt who will keep ground balls arrive and creat some additional scoring chances. Get him and JDG ahead of the ball after stoppage.
That might be the case. Either way, you're robbing Peter (x-factor, goal-kicking ability) to pay Paul (I50 pressure) or vice versa. Let's hope McRae figures it out.

I think the last line has been exposed too much by Noble and Pendles getting drawn into the contest too much and not holding their positioning.
Fonzie I think we have been exposed by our new game style to be honest.

I don’t think it is player specific.

The Fly needs to find and implement a balance………happy for 2022 to be him doing this even if I still haven’t recovered from the Cats loss.

That might be the case. Either way, you're robbing Peter (x-factor, goal-kicking ability) to pay Paul (I50 pressure) or vice versa. Let's hope McRae figures it out.
And you're robbing the midfield - but I don't see a choice as our forward line just won't be competitive enough without some support from our quality mids.

Jordy needs to go full Dusty for us to win.
I didn't rate Lipinski's game last week because when we needed him to be physical he probably didn't pull his weight.

I get it's not exactly his go, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes again this week with the return of Adams and DeGoey.

Hopefully he can (re) set the bar to round 1 levels!
Four games in and Louie the Lipinski is getting called soft. I wonder if this, and a couple of similar comments I've heard, is the begining of a trend? 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fonzie I think we have been exposed by our new game style to be honest.

I don’t think it is player specific.

The Fly needs to find and implement a balance………happy for 2022 to be him doing this even if I still haven’t recovered from the Cats loss.

Being really easily scored against on turnover is the game style, and I think we just have to wear that - but I'm referring to the out of the front of the pack entries, which should only happen from centre bounces - the half backs are getting drawn into the contest too much and leaving the front of the pack wide open.

I don't think Madgen is playing defence. That's my guess, at least. Award for strangest lineup goes to ... Collingwood.

Cox performed very well hitting up to the wing against a kpp player - I think that's what he'll be doing again with Cameron deeper and Kreuger trying to be Mihocek.

This is my take also. What I was surprised about was the retention of Wilson. Personally I wanted Wilson to stay in but it makes no sense with all of Cameron, Cox and Krueger in the 22. That's too slow and too tall. Only Krueger is mobile out of that bunch.

Poulter needs to kick it to teammates. Harrison needs to get more involved. Murley looks a ripper, but is still way too skinny. McMahon still way too skinny. Draper not getting involved. Begg is years off. Might end up with a couple of players from them, but not for a fair while.
Begg is a definite who will make it as the 2nd ruck forward option, he looks great for a Kid. Jackson like. Arlo hasn’t even seen the ball, no idea about him. Fin, just needs a lot more time on the ball in the VFL. He’s one the the longer he can stay in the VFL and improve his game the better he’ll be. Like the old days when players would play 50+ reserves games before getting a call up. We are too quick to judge these days.

It's a weird side but maybe it's a plot so Leppa and McRae help their old mates. Conspiracy theory ... eh???

Maybe McRae gets really wild with it and uses Grundy as an inside midfielder to allow JDG to roam at FF :p
The element of surprise. Beautiful. Fly really took to the saying " the big blokes don't get any smaller" this week, in trying to address the last quarter fade outs.

This is one of those games where they and we give us 0 chance and we win by 50. Or 30 odd. But I think they made a mistake with that game because we all know they called off the 2018 season. Made an error or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back