Preview Round 5: vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall Dunstan ever getting a rocket from the selection committee. Has he?
McCartin is considerably more important to our structure than Dunstan and will probably have a more significant career for the Saints. He is getting a rocket right now. I'm not entirely sure what his role was last week (whether he was shutting anyone down) but I don't want Dunstan to feel he can fail and keep his spot.

I don't recall Dunstan ever getting a rocket from the selection committee. Has he?
McCartin is considerably more important to our structure than Dunstan and will probably have a more significant career for the Saints. He is getting a rocket right now. I'm not entirely sure what his role was last week (whether he was shutting anyone down) but I don't want Dunstan to feel he can fail and keep his spot.
I get the sneaking suspicion that he has been bookmarked for that role long term.

Therefore they are giving him time to develop there... and perhaps more forgiving about numbers, as long as he brings effort.

But that could all change next week if Stevens replaces him. Just a theory.

Clearly Dunstan is doing what the coaching panel is asking... i bet they are riding him to have a higher offensive output but he's probably doing the hard yakka and clearing paths for ross, steven, steele etc that we may not notice.. i thought he was in pur bests for wce bris games btw, cant always go on stats (plenty thought gresh was excellent last week for 14 touches and so did i)

He's a super young kid, someone they've picked out for future leadership similar to a young newnes.. he'll come good

Clearly Dunstan is doing what the coaching panel is asking... i bet they are riding him to have a higher offensive output but he's probably doing the hard yakka and clearing paths for ross, steven, steele etc that we may not notice..

That may be correct or totally off the mark. Truth is none of us really know.

And it's the fact we don't know what coaches are asking players to do means we should cut them all a little slack from time to time. Especially when we think they're not going well but they're still being selected.

Some posters may call you a "fan boi" for doing so.

But who cares about them? Not me

Yup. Must have incriminating photos of Richo....

The midfield has been putrid, seems Hickey has copped the brunt of the blame whilst Dunstan retains his spot & flys under he radar.

I'm pretty happy with selections though. Longer in as a more aggressive & contested presence in the ruck. Minch offers real punch into our 50 & can hit a target.

Stevens very, very unlucky. Should be in for Dunstan.
Can someone please sneak into moorabin and get a hair sample form both Richo and Dunstan. A quick paternity test may be required...

Last edited:
Clearly Dunstan is doing what the coaching panel is asking... i bet they are riding him to have a higher offensive output but he's probably doing the hard yakka and clearing paths for ross, steven, steele etc that we may not notice.. i thought he was in pur bests for wce bris games btw, cant always go on stats (plenty thought gresh was excellent last week for 14 touches and so did i)

He's a super young kid, someone they've picked out for future leadership similar to a young newnes.. he'll come good

Hopefully the coaching panel does not approve of his set goal kicking routine, it is absolutely woeful. His sideways approach seems to be getting more exaggerated as time goes by. You virtually guarantee to hook the hell out it kicking the ball like that.

Has never played a VFL game in his life.

Lonie is very unlucky to miss out, as he hasn't done much wrong. But, I think Minchington will provide an equal amount of tackle pressure, and offer a better avenue to goal. Ben Long is a completely different player to Lonie, in that he has shown a preparedness to attack the ball in the air as well as on the ground, and I think that brings more potency to the forward line.

I just like the fact that we are prepared to swing changes even after a win in order to (hopefully) strengthen the side. It is the best way to affirm the message that form is acknowledged and rewarded.

It is something I think that Luke Beveridge has done well at the Bulldogs, utilising the depth in their list. It will only serve to strengthen our capabilities as a squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well said.

The bit about Tapatalk I mean.

When your toddler wants to wear his guernsey to bed cos "footy tomorrow" and says "Night Daddy. Go Saints!"

RUW_LvF1rwqXH9PR134DgPjW-5G5LigFgWK_Hp8HosnpwO3fwkY8Lkz_c1mk0gqHTyUo-IqthPMT7FD1Jvx0LdgBybI8RRwMV5lx8dn4pr0OjGf4kxnoxpSK55FGXZrgZnvoDExlznTkYtCoCkRTzvrwd1W5ndc=w500-h185-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15 matches at Etihad with 7 a piece and a draw. Last 2 were a 3 point victory for us and a draw. Not to mention some previous finals/gf experience between these 2 outfits. Not ashamed to say my mouth is salivating uncontrollably at this clash!! (give this man a bib.

Go (hard) Saints!!

When I was on the cats board looking up about this game , quite a few supporters there were worried how their team were going to counter the fast fanatic play that we do, they sounded very worried. Still we worry about every game too I suppose.

Has never played a VFL game in his life.

Good on him , he must be doing something right.

Neither did Lenny until his final/2nd last year.

I put my hand up during Lennys early years as one who was calling for him to be dropped , just as well they didn't listen . This looks like the same thing again. I don't call for players to be dropped anymore after the Hayes incident, also saying Harvey will never make it after one game , and Who cares if we got rid of Russel Greene , he will be lucky to see out the season with those dodgy knees, and the players we got look like guns .....ahhh what were their names again ? Sure there are more examples but you get the idea , lmao. Me no expert that's for sure.

Sent via HAL

I put my hand up during Lennys early years as one who was calling for him to be dropped , just as well they didn't listen . This looks like the same thing again. I don't call for players to be dropped anymore after the Hayes incident, also saying Harvey will never make it after one game , and Who cares if we got rid of Russel Greene , he will be lucky to see out the season with those dodgy knees, and the players we got look like guns .....ahhh what were their names again ? Sure there are more examples but you get the idea , lmao. Me no expert that's for sure.

To be fair I do believe that Dunstan is running out of good will in regards to his output. He has all the tools to be the player we think he can be.. just have to get everything working in the right direction. The question is, would racking up 30 touches in the VFL help him regain that confidence or not?

I think everyone is forgetting that although we ended up beating the Lions pretty easily, towards the end of the 3rd and the 4th when the lions were challenging us, Dunstan had about 5-6 clearances in the middle, was very pivotal in regaining momentum in that game.

He hasn't been as bad as everyone is saying, not really sure dropping him is going to do him any good but as people have stated he must be doing exactly what the coaching staff want him to do at this point.

Geary- Motlop
Brown - Hawkins
Carlisle- Taylor
Gilbert Possibly on - Menzel
I think we need Webster and Robbo to provide the run. Bit worried about who will play on danger when he goes forward. He did look sore last week so wouldn't be surprised if he spent more time forward today. I'd say Robbo is the best matchup

I saw this photo in Dunstan's phone the other night. Could explain the selection.

Does anyone else still remember how Lenny Hayes' or Leigh Montanga's careers started? Those blokes took about 5 years to achieve consistent footy. If you were too young or are unable to remember, go check out their stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back