Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billing is the player I want to see most under Ross the boss

He's like a pure bred stallion that's been used by a pair of old cart men with our last two coaches. He has the tools to be a special player. Nearly identical to Mason Wood in the way their careers have gone up to the same point. Injury and form fluctuations with glimpses of what he could be in between.

Billings has a mental side to his game where he seems to become racked with self doubt and over thinking. Lyon is the master of giving players a very simple set of instructions and taking away all the peripheral crap. He looks exactly the type that should shine in that system.

Who else is there to replace Caminiti as a key forward?

I guess Sharman could play Cordy's role and Cordy play as the crash a pack type of forward. Even bring in a ruck to do the same role. Membrey isn't a like for like either so there are choices.

I guess so , but 7 disposals and a point is not much , did he play the whole game ?
Caminiti who he’s replacing has 2 goals from 5 touches. I expect membrey to convert more based on his history. So the amount of ball and opportunities isn’t hugely different. And membrey’s ceiling if he plays close to it is one of our best forwards

Yeah , can't understand how members getting 7 disposals and 1 point is a walk up start, sounds pretty sh1t to me
He is a proven performer.

It wasn’t about performance. It was about run in the legs in preparation for this week.

He was close to selection last week off no games.

This game is system vs talent... I trust RTB to have Crazy Vossy's measure comfortably.

We have been competitive without winning the midfield battle and I expect that to continue.

I dont mind how we match up against their talls. McKay and Curnow beat Battle and Howard one on one more often than not, but I back Wilkie to be able to be third man up enough to minimise their impact.

I expect them to have a lot of trouble transitioning the ball from defence, especially with no Doc or Saad.

As brilliant as Carltons two key forwards are, I think our small forwards will have more of a say in the outcome of the game.

I guess Sharman could play Cordy's role and Cordy play as the crash a pack type of forward. Even bring in a ruck to do the same role. Membrey isn't a like for like either so there are choices.
Sharman has been playing wing at Sandy so he's no less of a like-for-like at the moment. You also couldn't play Cordy and a 2nd ruck - one limited and slow player up forward is enough.

Cordy isn't going out, he's the new Zac Dawson. The entire football world thinks he's a dud, but he's doing something that suits Ross's game plan.

Really hope we don't go Bytel as sub, isn't suited to the role IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suggested changes on the Baggers thread is a who’s who of
View attachment 1665232

I had never heard of Josh Honey until this week.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Paddy Dow is their saviour apparently
izycdxT.gif

Cordy isn't going out, he's the new Zac Dawson. The entire football world thinks he's a dud, but he's doing something that suits Ross's game plan.

Probably agree but the kid is stiff - he deserves a run of games to show what he has got

I think he has played his role.

But I still see him on the outer when the cavalry is back.

Windy for me as sub this week unfortunately

They took Binns at 32 could have gotten Hotton who's dad played for Carlton

Binns actually looked pretty good in that metro v country match I think it was.

Honestly?

In: Membrey, Steele, Bytel
Out: Caminiti, Windhager, Gresham (sub)

Byrnes wins the 3 way battle, give Windy an opportunity to have a big midfield game in ressies to get him back in the swing of things, let Gresh know he needs more.
I like this but dont see Gresh happening. Not yet anyway...
Gresh (stays), Bytel (out), Windy (sub) is my prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back