Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a horrible dream last night that we finished 10th and King and Hayes didn’t play a single game between them all season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I frequently have dreams about St Kilda losing games with score lines of like 6 goals to 23 or something. I think it means I’m going to come into money or something.

Quite often guys that are used to playing AFL struggle when they go back to a lower level like the VFL so I don't think you can read too much into that.

I think he will play better when he is back at AFL level and we don't have the luxury of giving him another week in the VFL anyway with Caminiti out.
It was also wet, windy and we got pumped. Tough day for a forward to have an impact on the losing team

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had a horrible dream last night that we finished 10th and King and Hayes didn’t play a single game between them all season.

iCoieKO.gif

Gambling is bad m'kay but I find the odds interesting since they are basically a huge dataset of people's evolving thoughts on the game. It is really quite pronounced in this case how they have turned from earlier in the week, we're more of a favourite now I think than Carlton were a week ago.

They would be absolutely sweating on Pittonet and McGovern not having a setback I reckon.

I always go to the opposition preview when I’ve finished reading ours. It’s always a good laugh

I love the ongoing narrative there that we are 'dour' when we have scored more than them this season. Also not yet having our top two goal kickers who booted 86 goals between them last season might play into it....

Dougal goes to McKay you'd imagine. So do we think it's Wilkie or Battle who goes to Curnow?
Also every chance that Ed Curnow goes to Sinclair to try and nullify him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gambling is bad m'kay but I find the odds interesting since they are basically a huge dataset of people's evolving thoughts on the game. It is really quite pronounced in this case how they have turned from earlier in the week, we're more of a favourite now I think than Carlton were a week ago.

They would be absolutely sweating on Pittonet and McGovern not having a setback I reckon.
Let's hope Pittonet plays. I thought that we were just about the best team that Collingwood could play without a ruck. Marshall is not a very good tap ruck. His strength is that he gives us an advantage at ground level after the ruck contest bc he's a clearance beast. Generally his opponent is a lumbering ruck who is a liability. I would prefer Pittonet to a smaller more mobile opponent.

A couple of big ins for us with Steele and Membrey and a big out for them with Saad has probably played a part in us becoming the favourites.

I don't like us being the favourites though, we usually play better when we are the underdogs and the other team are the favourites.

The purple one squeaks...💩

Carlton

IF ...
I'm going to make a big call in round six

THEN ...
it's this: underdog Blues are certainties to beat Saints. Still reckon they finish top four.

I feel more confident now that flog is tipping Carlton to beat us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of big ins for us with Steele and Membrey and a big out for them with Saad has probably played a part in us becoming the favourites.

I don't like us being the favourites though, we usually play better when we are the underdogs and the other team are the favourites.

I feel more confident now that flog is tipping Carlton to beat us.
Absolutely - put your house on us now!!!

Agree with this in years gone by because Ratts and Richo clearly allowed complacency to creep in at times and bathwater to be drank. I'm reasonably zen about it because I am absolutely sure Ross has them on a knife's edge.

This week really is the litmus test though because in the last decade we have defecated the sheets virtually 100% of the time in this scenario. If Ross can pinch this one then I'm 100% ECI.

Agree with this in years gone by because Ratts and Richo clearly allowed complacency to creep in at times and bathwater to be drank. I'm reasonably zen about it because I am absolutely sure Ross has them on a knife's edge.

This week really is the litmus test though because in the last decade we have defecated the sheets virtually 100% of the time in this scenario. If Ross can pinch this one then I'm 100% ECI.
Question.

At what point do we stop using the mindset that we are pinching games?

You could make a huge argument that if we used this line up in round 1.

Only King would be a walk up 18 gun missing.

Question.

Exactly, we've been winning games through system and endeavour. All the victories have been well deserved in what I believe to be a sustainable manner.

Think we get a home elimination final at worst tbh.

Question.

I use 'pinch' in the sense that in our recent history we drop these kind of games so it would run counter to the recent trend. If we win this then I would say that we are a competition front runner and are a team that most other teams need to fear about and plan for.

Exactly, we've been winning games through system and endeavour. All the victories have been well deserved in what I believe to be a sustainable manner.

Think we get a home elimination final at worst tbh.
CTFD with the finals talk until we see how we are still travelling say halfway through the season 🙂

I wonder if this week we see Mase forward a lot more? Steele / Crouch / Seb / Clark in the middle with Gresh, maybe Sincs and (be still my beating heart) maybe Owens doing cameos suggests that Ronnie gets almost all his time on the wing.

Although Mase is in AA wing form, I quite like the idea of having four mobile medium talls in Owens, Mase, Poo and Skunk and then Snags / Gresh and ground level and Butler in the forward pressure role. Not suggesting Mase is full-time forward, maybe a 50/50 wing / forward split.

I wonder if this week we see Mase forward a lot more? Steele / Crouch / Seb / Clark in the middle with Gresh, maybe Sincs and (be still my beating heart) maybe Owens doing cameos suggests that Ronnie gets almost all his time on the wing.

Although Mase is in AA wing form, I quite like the idea of having four mobile medium talls in Owens, Mase, Poo and Skunk and then Snags / Gresh and ground level and Butler in the forward pressure role. Not suggesting Mase is full-time forward, maybe a 50/50 wing / forward split.
We don't generate enough scores from the numbers of entries into the forward half which we have, and I think RL is still trying to get the mix right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back