Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

You could all learn a thing or two.

5-1 baby

Think we will comfortably beat the Blues this weekend.

You can argue that they will roll out a more talented 22 however we are far and away the better coached side and better than the Blues offensively and defensively. Steele returning is huge for guys like Crouch in sharing the workload inside. We match up well with their tall forwards, and our back six is elite this year. Battle & Howard to take Curnow and McKay with Wilkie, Stocker, Sinclair and NWM roaming at the back of contests like little sluts looking for some loose balls.

Clark made a few errors on the weekend that I didn't like but ultimately looking back I think his inclusion into the midfield was a terrific tactical move by Ross & co and would like to see him back in there again on Sunday as I think he gives us a real POD.

Our game style I feel is going to run this taller Carlton side into the ground. We are probably the best running side in the competition and now we have a coaching group intelligent enough to implement it into a gamestyle based on outnumbering at contests defensively, spreading from contests once we have the ball, and continuing to run and work for one another. Shake my head at the fact that we didn't just become a great running side overnight - we were similar last year yet the gameplan was stop/start and bomb it on our forwards heads, most of the time to huge packs. Really stupid stuff now looking back in hindsight.

We are now smarter without the ball and move the ball down the ground methodically. I believe Carlton will be looking to exploit our lack of height but as we are the better coached and structured side I think our run will do them in. Confident that we'll break them as the game goes on.

I don't think Carlton are completely shithouse but other than the fact we are better coached and structured, it seems the Blues are susceptible to falling in a heap and they look like a mentally weak side. If we can keep plugging away ala Collingwood yesterday, I doubt they will have the balls to keep with us.

Saints by about 4 goals - keep them at arms length all day.

Loved the way Sincs, butts and hill went about it. Would type up a big summary but as I was saying in the game day chat, nothing to get upset about really - just a good game of footy. We are going just fine. Happy as. 5-1.

147 disposals between Walsh, Cerra, Acres and Cripps. And yet our system and collective effort wins out. Cant wait to get King back in this team, for the extra threat going forward, because as good as Hill was, it’s a shame that at times he was our deepest target.

We have been competitive for 24 quarters of AFL in a row, how brilliant is that. That’s what builds trust. Great win, super proud.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So good. Actually loved how we slowed the game down in the last quarter and just frustrated them.

Prob saving some fuel with an eye on a 5 game turn around.

Loving everything about this club right now.
Crushed their spirit in the last qtr.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We needed to change it up at 1/2 time. Enter Sinclair on the ball and Steele doing a lockdown on Cripps. Isn't it about time Sinclair starts getting talked about as one of the best players in the League!
Our structure and pressure is 1st class.
In Ross we trust.

Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back