Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

How about in the last quarter when the ball clearly bounced out of bounds and the ump called it play on

Beat those blue and green w***ers especially jack silvagni hate that campaigner

I’ll say it again.

This is what a well coached team looks like

So many players improving who were written off as draft busts.

We were a terribly coached team.

Now we are not.

And it is glorious.
I couldn't agree more. So satisfying to see the true value of players that the AFL community including our own fans had written off.

Carlton top 6 possession getters on the ground. Bet they love facing RTB, get to pad the stats
I reckon Voss went in with a plan to keep the ball off us all game given we’ve been the highest possession and highest marking team this year. They beat us 446-360 disposals and 140-101 marks. Problem is they forgot to try and move the footy forward with any purpose. If not for the umpires we would’ve won by 8 goals.

Credit to Jade Gresham for bouncing back.

Nothing special. Nothing stupid. No screw around kicks. No selfishness.

Just head down, bum up, 100% effort and did the basics right (with the exception of a scrubber kick on the wing which was simply off the side of the boot).

Much better. That’s our upside right there!

Also, the only goal Carlton got in that 4th quarter was the freebie they got from the umps for a "hold" in the first 20 seconds, then got completely shut down. Choked. Throttled. Seb Ross, Mitch Owens, Rowan Marshall and Jack Sinclair all huge in that last 1/4. Mitch Owens is gonna have a highlight reel at the end of the year that plenty of blokes would struggle to accumulate in a career.

How about in the last quarter when the ball clearly bounced out of bounds and the ump called it play on

You could clearly see the ump was behind the player who gathered that ball, just goes to show how little spatial awareness any of them actually have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll say it again.

This is what a well coached team looks like

So many players improving who were written off as draft busts.

We were a terribly coached team.

Now we are not.

And it is glorious.
Even Choey and Ratts would have to agree with that.

Byrnes is the kid we drafted with the Stuv pick yeah? Working out ok...

Imagine being Carlton though and playing like that with Curnow and McKay up front?

I get Freo doing it, they have the worst front 6 in the league, but the Blues have 2 Coleman medal winners and they are afraid to get it into them quickly.

Harry has to run down to HB to take his marks and if the umps weren't looking after Charlie he wouldn't have gone near it!

Careful, he might be playing for us next year!

Credit to Jade Gresham for bouncing back.

Nothing special. Nothing stupid. No screw around kicks. No selfishness.

Just head down, bum up, 100% effort and did the basics right (with the exception of a scrubber kick on the wing which was simply off the side of the boot).

Much better. That’s our upside right there!
I somewhat agree, but he completely squibbed a contest midway through the last quarter which is unacceptable.

I would be dropping him to the twos until he sorts that out.

140 touches combined by their 'gun' midfield - maybe half of those touches were effective.

None of their mids ever threatened - commentators in a circle jerk over Walsh - gets it plenty but wastes it more.

Sincs was elite.
Our back 6 are indomitable.
Byrnes and Hill were sublime.
Owens was a beast.
Steele lifted when needed.

Kept Carlton to 2 goals in the second half one of which was an iffy hold call early in the fourth.

Lost every individual stat and still won by 4 goals.

Loving the way we’re going about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back