Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually see this as a danger game. Clarko has an axe to grind with us and will have them coming out firing.

If we bring some decent pressure after this week's activities we should be fine, but another poor start may really cost us.
I doubt any North players give two shits about Clarko's beef with us. They'll be up & about because they're a rare chance to actually win a game and playing on their home paddock

Ward was great against Collingwood. Then Mackenzie clearly struggled more than him last week against Gold Coast.

Surprised that this is the way they're going honestly.
I don’t think that’s clear, I know Mackenzie was subbed off but Ward had 7 touches, 1 score involvement for the game. No one was clearly worse last week.

Have to say I love maginess role forward, stops runs, defends like a mad man and works so hard he finds space when we’re attacking.

His pack mark was a revelation, now he just needs to do it again.

I’d still love dimma to be a swingman, unsettles oppositions teams as well and will always do the job in defence - we need it when theirs runs against to.

In my opinion we have no pressure in our forward half without Watson .Moore tries his hardest and has a great tank but his speed is not through the roof and CMac is pretty well a passenger so far this year, I think everyone was expecting great improvement from him!
I thought Buttsy may have help but has not ?
Not sure where we go as teams are pretty well walking it out of our forward line and midfield ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope not. Went in there on occasions in Round 2 and 3 and had zero idea what to do in a centre bounce.
A bit concerning, considering he was drafted as a mid, and this is his third year in the AFL. You'd think he would have done at least some training there over the midseason or have some natural ability to play in the guts and not look completely at sea.

A bit concerning, considering he was drafted as a mid, and this is his third year in the AFL. You'd think he would have done at least some training there over the midseason or have some natural ability to play in the guts and not look completely at sea.

He was an inside midfielder as a junior, but so far we've been turning him into a flaky half forward.

"An accumulating inside ball-winner who produced an outstanding season for the Stingrays, able to catch the eye with his stoppage work and athleticism, as well as defensive pressure."

So at the very least he's shown he can do it at junior level, and that's what got him drafted. Hopefully he is able to eventually make the transition back into the middle like Butters and Rozee (not comparing their respective abilities).

Last edited:
In my opinion we have no pressure in our forward half without Watson .Moore tries his hardest and has a great tank but his speed is not through the roof and CMac is pretty well a passenger so far this year, I think everyone was expecting great improvement from him!
I thought Buttsy may have help but has not ?
Not sure where we go as teams are pretty well walking it out of our forward line and midfield ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have no pressure anywhere. Midfields like Melbourne just walked over us.
We started winning in the second half against Collingwood when we actually started pressuring them.
We need to learn how to play defence and tackle hard in order to pressure other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed with the Ramsden axing. Feels like we're one of the few teams that don't give their developing talls an extended run.

Also unbalances things a bit. Chol will have to ruck now, which means we'll only have a cooked Gunston as our tall forward.
Was thinking exactly this. They have you scratching your head in bewilderment sometimes...

Very disappointed with the Ramsden axing. Feels like we're one of the few teams that don't give their developing talls an extended run.

Also unbalances things a bit. Chol will have to ruck now, which means we'll only have a cooked Gunston as our tall forward.
Think it's clear we lack experience out of the forward mix with Breust and Lewis out. Reckon this was part of the thinking.

Unless Weddle plays forward with Serong to play down back. North only have Larkey and Sellers as tall forwards

Is there also potentially some thinking with Reeves concussion to give Max a major role in the ruck at Box Hill to work on that craft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back