AFL Autopsy Round 6: 36 Point loss to the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

This may sound like an overreaction, but it's not. We need a COMPLETE rebuild of our club. Not just a clean out of a few old guys. Talking the football department, coaches, managers, everything from top to bottom. Clean out all the shit and start fresh. Forget Carlton, Brisbane and Gold Coast. At the moment, Essendon is easily the most dysfunctional club in the league.

A big pat on the back to the flog patrol applauding the players as they left the field at the end of the game.

YOU are ONE of the reasons why we have been a mediocre basket case for the last decade.

And no matter how bad things get... I hope nobody who contributes on here carries on like that twat over the fence as Gawn was about to line up for goal. If by some flukish chance that same supporter reads Bigfooty - don't bother coming to any games in future.

Can there also be a filter to avoid the word umpires mentioned on this thread? Yes, they were pretty bad today... but we (as a club) were far worse!

Goddard had three Melbourne players pin him to the ground and rough him up that last quarter. Not one player went over to help him out.

Selfish players with no heart.
Yep noticed that. Also noticed that parish got crunched going for the mark in the last quarter and not one single essendon player went to reminstrate with the Melbourne player who hit him

Simply standing up for your teammate, we don't do it.

In good off season news we will have a crack at a top 5 pick and place it in the hands of 'in dodo we trust' who from October until March is the best in the business... Can't wait for this genius to strike again.

Yep noticed that. Also noticed that parish got crunched going for the mark in the last quarter and not one single essendon player went to reminstrate with the Melbourne player who hit him

Simply standing up for your teammate, we don't do it.
This happened for two and a half quarters. Even Goddard got gang tackled and hit hard and did nothing.

This team has no heart, doesn't play for the coach, don't play for each other and play the game like a 9-5 job on a Friday at 4:50pm. They couldn't care less about team work, skills are embarrassing, coaching is deplorable, structures are non existent. This club as a wholewho a disgrace. Been making up numbers since 2002.

Couldnt have summed my thoughts up better. I’m disengaged from this year already, our brand of footy is nauseating & ive had a gutful.

I sense a rift between playing group and Worsfold.
We dont know our gameplan, whatever were trying isnt working.
Kicking out of the goal square - consists of ignoring the leads being made in the corridor because nobody is there. Yet kicking to the contests up the line where we were being beaten time and time again.

Stoppages - handball to anyone near you and repeat over and over and hope someone clears the ball.... is not working..

Kicking inside 50 - Shank a pass anywhere in there and make it the forwards problem.... is not working..

Still nobody wants to run defencively

Not oftern enough to players make leads. Or does a player do the unselfish thing and pass to a man in a better position.

+ many more issues I cant be bothered listing that we all see, week after week.
Why has there been no noticable attempt to fix these issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really struggle to understand why I should spend money and show up when the players don’t even bother.

Show me some changes, some heart and play some more kids and you might get me back. Until then, I’m done.

I don’t care about the losses as such, but it’s lack of hard running and effort which is most alarming.

If players are injured, then don’t play them but if they aren’t, well some should be dropped.

Joe and Walla have to be dropped. McKenna now walks back into this team and please come back Raz.

On the plus, I’m enjoying this Pies and Tiges game. Two clubs that give a damn, understand how to defend, play to a game plan and don’t play selfish dumb football.

A big pat on the back to the flog patrol applauding the players as they left the field at the end of the game.

YOU are ONE of the reasons why we have been a mediocre basket case for the last decade.

And no matter how bad things get... I hope nobody who contributes on here carries on like that twat over the fence as Gawn was about to line up for goal. If by some flukish chance that same supporter reads Bigfooty - don't bother coming to any games in future.

Can there also be a filter to avoid the word umpires mentioned on this thread? Yes, they were pretty bad today... but we (as a club) were far worse!
I don't understand why you are so obsessed with the narrative that Essendon supporters have any blame in our continued mediocrity. What I type on bigfooty has zero impact on how the players perform.

Yup. Until half time you can hope for a win like my wife and I did. After this point you can hope we get to 50 points. Exhilirating.
Must’ve be been riveting waiting in anticipation for our 7th goal. A bit like last week on that very special day commemorating selflessness and brave sacrifice when I was on the edge of my seat in the last qtr waiting for our 5th goal.

Such engrossing stuff that makes me well pleased to have paid my membership for such entertainment.

I honestly thought this year we finally had a team to have a go. Cleary I was very wrong..

There are so many players out of form that I don’t even know where we can start to address the issues.. Our Ruck stocks are putrid as are our inside brute mid stocks. Play Dylan Clarke for gods sake maybe he will win the hot pill in the centre square. If we keep playing the younger guys like Guelfi, Mutch, Laverde and get Fantasia and McKenna back things should slowly improve. I’d say Jackson Merret is done for good and Bags is really struggling to hang on. Don’t play green, Myers, Leuenberger or any other hack like that anymore and waste the year. I’d even be tempted to put Bellchambers in that and insist we give Draper a go. Nothing to lose now we will struggle to get back into the season from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Round 6: 36 Point loss to the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back