Philzsay

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2005
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay
Thought I'd get the ball rolling with lockout early this week no time to waste...

Josh Hill, it's been nice knowing you, but its time to move on.

Nick Riewoldt welcome home.

Brad Johnson has pretty much done his dash with me. The only troubling thing is that he's only gonna be worth $409,900 after this week's nonsense, so it's almost not worth doing. Have to do something though- might work on getting Judd (GAblett would be nice, but $675K is just silly, and would take up virtually every spare cent I've got...)

I can feel a cow-cashin' comin' on. :D

I have hill too and wanted to trade him down but for who I have no idea.

I might put hill on the emergency bench and bring on gamble for him providing he comes back this week.

My midfield is suddenly looking crap - Cross, Corey, Ling, Stevens, Houli, Gibbs and palmer/ bird on the bench.

I somehow need to upgrade stevens and gibbs but not sure how cause there is no decent defensive rookies or forwards at the moment to downgrade to.

Does downgrading stevens or gibbs to armitage sound stupid? I figure he will score the same as them and then I can upgrade the other one to judd/cornes/dal santo.

Suggestions?

Also what about Hill? Who to trade down to. Gamble?

Why the hell would you do that trade for? Thats sideways trading 101.

Man I'm gonna be a gun at this game next year now that I know all about this sideways trading, downgrading an under performer to a cash cow, etc.

Bring on next season, as I said earlier this seasons shot for me, I'll be 0-2 after this week and maybe even 0-3 after next week. After that I have an easy draw so could make some momentem. I've just had the hardest teams in the first four weeks. Anyone else in a situation like me?

Silly thing is my team isn't even playing badly but just can't win. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill probably has to go now; thinking Travis Cloke too, he has done ____ all. Who could I possibly get though, I got $130,000 in the bank.

Might as well keep Brad Johnson now, his price is so low it is worthless trading him, unless I trade him and keep Cloke. Ahh I don't know!

Yeah we are all in the same situation.

I don't have enough money to upgrade hill to anyone unless I downgrade someone else but I think my midfield is even in more trouble than my forward line as they are playing like blue collar workers instead of stars - Cross, Corey, Stevens, Ling, Houli, Gibbs. Would love a judd, k.cornes, and dal santo in the midfield within the next few weeks, thats my plan, to get these three while they are still sort of lowish. Stevens and Gibbs on the chopping block. May upgrade one of my other midfielders to ablett later on in the season.

Interesting decisions at the selection commitee table this week! HeeHee! :p

Why the hell would you do that trade for? Thats sideways trading 101.

Man I'm gonna be a gun at this game next year now that I know all about this sideways trading, downgrading an under performer to a cash cow, etc.

Bring on next season, as I said earlier this seasons shot for me, I'll be 0-2 after this week and maybe even 0-3 after next week. After that I have an easy draw so could make some momentem. I've just had the hardest teams in the first four weeks. Anyone else in a situation like me?

Silly thing is my team isn't even playing badly but just can't win. :thumbsdown:

Dont worry mate iv won my league before and finished second and i feel i have a better team than the last 2 years and im 0-2, be confident with your strategy that it will come good and make a couple of smart trades that others wont and you be there come the business end you only have to finish 8th to have a run at the flag!

My trade this week will probably be
Nico to milburn/mcloud
N.Brown/Pefifer to milburn/Mcloud

or maybe Bird to Judd

(shit loud of cash in the bank after hall downgrade tuck cash in)

Fodzilla or any other bomber supporters, do you think pears will be a shoe in in the bombers best 21 all year now?

I may do that taylor to pears trade too and free up some cash.

Would downgrading hill to mckinley be too late now? Would mckinley ave gone up too much to not make it worth it?

Monday mornings looking interesting at work. :rolleyes:

Dont worry mate iv won my league before and finished second and i feel i have a better team than the last 2 years and im 0-2, be confident with your strategy that it will come good and make a couple of smart trades that others wont and you be there come the business end you only have to finish 8th to have a run at the flag!

Cheers mate.

Its pretty disheartening this game when you have stayed up countless nights till 2am to contruct your side and some chump spends 20 mins on his and beats you with ablett as captain. It really is enough to make you feel ill. :(

I have to try and upgrade my midfield over the coming weeks. Stevens, Gibbs and Ling to Judd, K.Cornes and Dal Santo sounds good to me. :thumbsu:

This week probably will be:

In: Gary Ablett, Out: Cale Morton

In: Rookie FWD, Out: Josh Hill

That will allow me to bring in Dal Santo and Bartel next week hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back