Round 6 vs. Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't expect us to get thrashed, our defence is too good to allow a blow out but I'm not that confident we can kick a winning score either.

I'm preferring to take the pessimistic approach, not expecting a win but hoping we can still cause an upset. Been a long time since we've gone in as underdogs but it might work to our advantage. If we can play with the intensity we showed last year we'll be a chance.

Thou has so little faith? Big win tonight as Saints Footy shows the world what this club is about. Win the footy and the rest will follow. Too much pride with our guys for them to not thrash the Doggies tonight .

I don't like saints footy anymore. Sure if it gets us a premiership I will eat my words, but it is still meant to be entertainment...

Ominous signs approaching in that we can get possession but the structure falls down going forward, ultimately we are finding the same problems Carlton are having witheir forwards in that if you take out a bloke who kicks 70+ you then place a heavy reliance upon several people to kick a winning score. As we're finding, the midfield are working fine in supporting the backline, but we lack the confidence going forward that we end up trying to "create" chains as opposed to "working" for them to occurr and end up flooding as a by product of the creation.

We seem to have lost a step of our attack on the ball carrier as well, I pray this decline is but a symptom of the chasm left on field as opposed to the catalyst. Of course, we will be in the hunt, but I think some of the boys are just lacking that killer punch this H&A season.

As a spectacle of attacking play this is not a good advert, in comparison to last year it is not a good effort, however in saying that, lesser teams would crumble, we have not. The endeavour, the effort and the desire to play the game and not worry about making it pretty or making it free flowing is just as entertaining if not more so since it screams local leagues, it screams waking up Saturday morning, bussing to somewhere like Kilmore and having it be a horrible experience to be at as a spectator, but as a player screw it and grind out a win.

That is what this game is, it is our club saying screw it, we're going out there and were making the other mob wish they weren't. It's not nice to watch, but it is watchable.

I picked the dogs, TBH, I thought our chances were about 35%, good to see the boys ground out a win against a superior opposition, you'll take the 4 points but this is a game where several deficiencies have been noted in "pristine"conditions to then be worked on, so we should expect better.

Commisserations Doggies fans.

I picked the dogs, TBH, I thought our chances were about 35%, good to see the boys ground out a win against a superior opposition, you'll take the 4 points but this is a game where several deficiencies have been noted in "pristine"conditions to then be worked on, so we should expect better.

Commisserations Doggies fans.

my thoughts exactly. it's obvious that we're crying out for a lead up forward. kosi doesn't have the endurance and players like gwilt and goddard don't have the presence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, but only because our structure relies so heavily on a lead up player like Roo.

it's obvious that we're missing riewoldt and there's no way we will or can change a game plan that has been implemented for 3-4 seasons but i think half of the problem is just confidence going forward. if we had someone with presence continually leading and finding space that would help. even if he doesn't kick too many goals or get much of the ball at least it would make us move the ball quickly and open up more opportunities.

it's difficult to gage where the bulldogs are at. there's def a chance that if we played with more flair then we would have lost. we'll get another decent test next week against the blues who look to be up and running.

we're copping most of the flack for the performance but the doggies contributed just as much. i noticed a stat during the last quarter where the dogs kicked the ball backwards far more than us.

Awesome.

Pretty happy that we stole that one.

Signs were there in the 3rd and took us a long time but finally broken them in the last.

Very happy with Ross Lyon - don't care what kind of crap we or he cops....he put together a game plan that gave us the chance to win. And we did.

Lenny Hayes <3

Wins a win boys. Nicely done, you earnt it.

I don't expect us to get thrashed, our defence is too good to allow a blow out but I'm not that confident we can kick a winning score either.

I'm preferring to take the pessimistic approach, not expecting a win but hoping we can still cause an upset. Been a long time since we've gone in as underdogs but it might work to our advantage. If we can play with the intensity we showed last year we'll be a chance.

Well called Plugger. Pretty much what happened. Luckily the underdogs got over the dogs.:D

Can't say i'm too fond of this comment.

I'm ****ing heartbroken.

Shhh. We are in enemy territory here, don't rock the boat.

They played the game on their terms and stuck it out, albeit with some help from our own players.

Still trying to work out if it's a good or bad thing that we've pulled our last 3 wins by playing 5 minutes of football.
I think its great that teams can't put us away when we're in such ordinary form and only need to show for five minutes. Wait tilll we kick on.

We should be doing 8-10 for Grand Theft after that one. We absolutely stole that one after turning the tables on the Dogs nearing 3/4 time. Our pressure went up and it finally told on them.

Run boys, run like the wind!

Thats the difference with saints pressure and everyone else, we go till the end. If they don't go hard till the end they'll get caught out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 vs. Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back