Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Some information concerning Port Adelaide that may help with trades. Robbie Gray is out with a hamstring, Chad Wingard with concussion, Matthew Lobbe has been omitted and Dougal Howard($135K) has been selected. Howard will likely be playing as a ruck and could be on the field for a considerable time, but he is only listed as a forward in fantasy.

Bringing in Petracca for Miller.

Trying to pick between trading Sheridan or Johannisen out for Wagner or perhaps a premo. I have a decent cash reserve, so all four options are possible:
  1. I have no bench cover. Should I trade out Sheridan (BE of 92) or Johannisen (not playing for another ~9 weeks, but not dropping in price either). Sheridan has scored 50s in his away games thus far so that's where I'm leaning, but a bit worried about having no bench cover. Is Dea any chance to not play?
  2. Is it too late to jump on the Wagner train? Seems too late for Fantasia in the midrange, but there's a few ~500k players who seem reasonably priced for their averages.

Bringing in Petracca for Miller.

Trying to pick between trading Sheridan or Johannisen out for Wagner or perhaps a premo. I have a decent cash reserve, so all four options are possible:
  1. I have no bench cover. Should I trade out Sheridan (BE of 92) or Johannisen (not playing for another ~9 weeks, but not dropping in price either). Sheridan has scored 50s in his away games thus far so that's where I'm leaning, but a bit worried about having no bench cover. Is Dea any chance to not play?
  2. Is it too late to jump on the Wagner train? Seems too late for Fantasia in the midrange, but there's a few ~500k players who seem reasonably priced for their averages.

I've gone Sheridan to Wagner this week. Just can't see Sherro making his BE and he's haemorrhaging cash weekly. Wagner's BE is -20, don't think it's too late to get him in, he'll still make good cash and it looks like solid scores.

I've ended up just solving my two biggest headaches this week, sick of both Sam Gray and Sheridan.

S.Gray > J Selwood
Sherro > Wagner

$66k in the kitty for next week, looking to bring in Vince to shore up the backline.

At this stage I think I'm going with a double downgrade...

Dea > Wagner
Menadue > J Smith

Leaves me 185k for a decent upgrade next week. Vince looks like a handy option for DEF

Some information concerning Port Adelaide that may help with trades. Robbie Gray is out with a hamstring, Chad Wingard with concussion, Matthew Lobbe has been omitted and Dougal Howard($135K) has been selected. Howard will likely be playing as a ruck and could be on the field for a considerable time, but he is only listed as a forward in fantasy.

Onya mate! Appreciated.

Players id like to bring in

Premiums:
Hanners (Bottomed out)
Pendles (Bottomed out)
J.Selwood cheap for what he can do
Viney can he keep killing it one i liked before the season and still only 488k

M.Boyd - Bottomed out and without Suckling, Bob and Johannisen will get used alot more and maybe not rested as much.

Rookies:
D.Byrne Jones, Wagner, J.Smith, Blakely, D.Howard, M.Willis, Tucker, Petracca

I think I'll go with some pretty gutsy trades this week, getting rid of two very popular players slightly early and bringing in a decent rookie and a very solid premium.

Wells-->Zorko
Adams--> Josh Smith

Really want Byrne-Jones, but just have too many defenders/not enough cash. Hopefully it doesn't backfire, pretty big gamble.

Thinking about changing my trades:

Lambert > Sidey
Sheridan > Wagner

leaving me with 100K. Sidey could easily change to a million other players. Wagner is pretty set in stone. My plan now is to upgrade Dea next week to Boyd/vince and downgrade one of the maxed out rooks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely doing Menadue > Blakely

Tossing up Lonergan > DBJ or Petracca for my second...

My Team Prior to trades

D.Rich, M.Adams, M.Dea, Tipungwuti, Byrne, Harwood (Ruggles, T.Lee)

T.Mitchell, Ablett, Dangerfield, T.Adams, D.Zaharakis, L.Hunter, M.Duncan, M.Crouch (C.Mills, R.Davis)

S.Martin, Blicavs (Frost, Currie)

Z.Merrett, A.Hall, Barlow, S.Gray, Kerridge, D.Wells (Menadue, L.McCarthy)

TRADES
Harwood > C.Blakely
S.Gray > Vince

ROUND 6 team
B.Vince, D.Rich, M.Adams, C.Mills, M.Dea, Byrne (Ruggles, T.Lee)

T.Mitchell, Ablett, Dangerfield, T.Adams, D.Zaharakis, L.Hunter, M.Duncan, M.Crouch (Blakely, R.Davis)

Z.Merrett, A.Hall, Barlow, Kerridge, D.Wells, Tipungwuti (Menadue, L.McCarthy)

If that team doesnt get me 2000 this week ill be livid.

Hard to predict if Sam Gray who im trading will get more midfield time over the next 3 weeks with Robbie Gray out. They have brought in B.Ahchee to basically replace him so i dont think a huge change in roles will occur and Port are scoring so poorly.

Would love to have got my hands on Tucker, J.Smith (Coll) and Petracca (Think i can wait a week for him).

Feel like Vince for 97k more than Gray will get me at least 20-25 points more per round as avgs would indicate.

TBH my team isnt that far away from being complete for me. I think Adams and Mills can avg 75-80 id want to upgrade them down the track especially with Boyd, H.Shaw, Kelly (Ess) there now and i like Houli and K.Simpson still. Tippa and M.Crouch the only other guys i really need to upgrade then its luxury upgrades after that.

Trade1 - Out Weitering - In Josh Smith (via DPP advanced trades of Adams to def, Wells to FWD and Smith to vacant mid spot)

This free'd up enough cash for,

Trade 2 - Out Ben Kennedy, IN Steele Sidebottom.

I will have to field one of Josh Smith, Ryan Davis or George Hewett for now.
Really wanted to trade Zac Smith for Gawn but left Smith to hopefully get a decent score against his old club (gold coast)

Wary of jumping on the Vince bandwagon. Kind of reminds me of Ryan Griffen getting defender dpp status last year and people being happy they could have a decent mid in defence but it didn't go to well. I think Vince may have a few good weeks in a row right now though, then taper off to under 100's. (all a guessing game though) ;)

Last edited:
My Team Prior to trades

D.Rich, M.Adams, M.Dea, Tipungwuti, Byrne, Harwood (Ruggles, T.Lee)

T.Mitchell, Ablett, Dangerfield, T.Adams, D.Zaharakis, L.Hunter, M.Duncan, M.Crouch (C.Mills, R.Davis)

Z.Merrett, A.Hall, Barlow, S.Gray, Kerridge, D.Wells (Menadue, L.McCarthy)

TRADES
Harwood > C.Blakely
S.Gray > Vince

ROUND 6 team
B.Vince, D.Rich, M.Adams, C.Mills, M.Dea, Byrne (Ruggles, T.Lee)

T.Mitchell, Ablett, Dangerfield, T.Adams, D.Zaharakis, L.Hunter, M.Duncan, M.Crouch (Blakely, R.Davis)

Z.Merrett, A.Hall, Barlow, Kerridge, D.Wells, Tipungwuti (Menadue, L.McCarthy)

If that team doesnt get me 2000 this week ill be livid.

Hard to predict if Sam Gray who im trading will get more midfield time over the next 3 weeks with Robbie Gray out. They have brought in B.Ahchee to basically replace him so i dont think a huge change in roles will occur and Port are scoring so poorly.

Would love to have got my hands on Tucker, J.Smith (Coll) and Petracca (Think i can wait a week for him).

Feel like Vince for 97k more than Gray will get me at least 20-25 points more per round as avgs would indicate.

TBH my team isnt that far away from being complete for me. I think Adams and Mills can avg 75-80 id want to upgrade them down the track especially with Boyd, H.Shaw, Kelly (Ess) there now and i like Houli and K.Simpson still. Tippa and M.Crouch the only other guys i really need to upgrade then its luxury upgrades after that.

When Wines was out last year Gray and Ah Chee were in the same team last year and he still managed to score big. I guess it's jus down to where Hinkley is going to position him.

Pretty confident Ruggles and Milera will be back soon, plus they won't make me any money if I trade them. Petracca seems a bit pricey given that he hasn't played yet.

This week:

Dea - Jelwood (via Mills to Def)
Parish - Blakely

Have full premo midfield and rucks now. Will worry about defenders and forwards later.

Pretty confident Ruggles and Milera will be back soon, plus they won't make me any money if I trade them. Petracca seems a bit pricey given that he hasn't played yet.

This week:

Dea - Jelwood (via Mills to Def)
Parish - Blakely

Have full premo midfield and rucks now. Will worry about defenders and forwards later.

I wish I had the luxury of holding Ruggles but I'd have to play Byrne at D6 with no defensive cover so I've moved him on.

Hey guys, can someone please help me. I've got Mills in my centre line and everyone keeps talking about flicking him into the defence. But I have no defenders that are ( DEF,MID). So am i right in assuming that I need a defender that is (DEF, MID) in order to swap them over? I'm so confused, everyone keeps talking about how easy it is putting Mills into the defence but there aren't many DEF, MID players. Or am I missing something.

Hey guys, can someone please help me. I've got Mills in my centre line and everyone keeps talking about flicking him into the defence. But I have no defenders that are ( DEF,MID). So am i right in assuming that I need a defender that is (DEF, MID) in order to swap them over? I'm so confused, everyone keeps talking about how easy it is putting Mills into the defence but there aren't many DEF, MID players. Or am I missing something.
You can use an advanced trade to trade out a defender and swap Mills into their position.

You can advanced trade out a defender and then swap Mills to the backline, and trade in a midfielder.

Adams out is an absolute pain in thine rectum because I've got him in Classic and Elite but have 6 FWD/ MID players to use in Classic.

Traded Blakely in for Menadue - I like the job security in Blakely especially until Fyfe returns

I wish I had the luxury of holding Ruggles but I'd have to play Byrne at D6 with no defensive cover so I've moved him on.
Id personally play him against Essendon been going solid 60's shown he can score in the past at VFL ect. Im pretty confident hes getting me another 60 maybe 70+ this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back