Game Day Round 7, 2016 - Port Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First stop - weather report.

Looks a little better than earlier in the week.

This will be a grind though, no question.

Schache to kick 3, Rockliff to be best on ground with 30+ possessions

play with the same intensity as last week we win, if we go in a few percent off a 30/40 point loss and a step back AGAIN, time to take 2 steps forward.

apparently polec was their best last week, send robbo to him early to rattle his cage and harwood to wingard.

play with the same intensity as last week we win, if we go in a few percent off a 30/40 point loss and a step back AGAIN, time to take 2 steps forward.

apparently polec was their best last week, send robbo to him early to rattle his cage and harwood to wingard.
A few tricky match ups today I think. Polec gives them a lot of drive,but also have to stick close to Boak who's a beast in the middle and Wingard who when he's on is the most dangerous player in the league IMO

Port have plenty of match winners, the key is to get on top of the game early and keep the pressure on them.

They've folded a few times this year when under the pump. We've just got to hit them hard, early and often and we'll be right in it.

Hoping that we don't drop away this week, would be disappointing if we did.

A few tricky match ups today I think. Polec gives them a lot of drive,but also have to stick close to Boak who's a beast in the middle and Wingard who when he's on is the most dangerous player in the league IMO
yer, robbo to polec early and roungh him up then to whoever is needed after that.

I'm inclined to not rough them up early - it will play into their hands and get the crowd on side.

Stick to our game, put scoreboard (not physical) pressure on and see if we can overpower them in the latter stages. We cannot afford to let them get a run on.

I'm inclined to not rough them up early - it will play into their hands and get the crowd on side.

Stick to our game, put scoreboard (not physical) pressure on and see if we can overpower them in the latter stages. We cannot afford to let them get a run on.
get what your saying, by rough up i mean legally hard as nails at the footy and the man ah la robbo last week, can't recall too many silly free kicks against last week.

Still get that giddy feeling in my tummy.

Good luck Port Adelaide.......

........ walking off the field.

I wish I could get my hopes up and be confident, I cannot wait for that day to come.

4 quarters, pressure them, take our chances and no reason we can't win.

Come on boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at Port's team on paper, they have very little star quality or players who you'd expect to put some fear into the opposition. Boak and maybe Wines in the midfield, but that's where it stops, no wonder they've been putrid this season. Just gotta put some pressure on Dixon and he'll start whinging to the umps, their backline is made up of nobodies, expecting Schache to have his breakout game

I see no excuses nor reason's to why we should not win this. Expecting a close game; however if we match the effort we put into Sydney last week, then i believe winning is more than possible for us today.

Tipping Brisbane by 14

If we are going to win then one things for sure, Walker needs to start hitting the scoreboard.

Looking at Port's team on paper, they have very little star quality or players who you'd expect to put some fear into the opposition. Boak and maybe Wines in the midfield, but that's where it stops, no wonder they've been putrid this season. Just gotta put some pressure on Dixon and he'll start whinging to the umps, their backline is made up of nobodies, expecting Schache to have his breakout game
They still have a few more decent players than you're giving them credit for I think. Especially Hartlett and Pittard are both pretty damaging as well on their day. Depends which Port shows up though I guess

Confident going in to the game, but we need to remember that we're still pretty inconsistent and still just as young as we were a few weeks ago when our effort was pretty poor.

Will be disappointed with a loss, but it won't be unexpected.

Lions by 20.

So many confident people on here. Last week was good but you need to play even better if you want to win interstate. Hope the boys are up for a big fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back